TOADies Anonymous.

Booklioness

Yes we have Amazon Prime. And I do make full use of it :) Buying self-published indie decks directly from US based creators is a pretty runious hobby, but seems to be where most of the interesting, innovative and quality decks are coming from!

Ah, I see. I have yet to discover any self published indie ones (ignorance is bliss) or where to find them.

csmith0406

Ah, I see. I have yet to discover any self published indie ones (ignorance is bliss) or where to find them.

OMG I don't know if I should tell you to stay away from them, or encourage you to find some, because they can be really awesome and creative! Since this is Toadies, I'll say stay away. Stay far, far away.

Just until the end of June... No problem. We can do it! 🙂

YES! June will be here in no time!

CharlotteK

I read somewhere and it makes sense: if you make a declaration like that you have to add a self imposed penalty. i.e. if you do buy a deck within 3 months then you will have to give something up or the like. Apparently that is effective if the penalty is stringent enough.
Good idea! I usually treat myself to a spa session once a year around my birthday in June. Foregoing that would be a huge penalty. So ok, here goes. If I buy another deck before end of June (not including preorders already made) I will forfeit my annual spa trip. If I survive, I get to visit the spa in July :)

Booklioness

Good idea! I usually treat myself to a spa session once a year around my birthday in June. Foregoing that would be a huge penalty. So ok, here goes. If I buy another deck before end of June (not including preorders already made) I will forfeit my annual spa trip. If I survive, I get to visit the spa in July :)

That sounds more than fair!

DDwarks

Now hang on.....That's not much of a penalty for an addict!
It gives you from now until July to find reasons for not going ...Like It doesn't matter, I can miss one year, I'll go with XYZ on their birthdays instead, hubbie's paying for it so it's not my money.......Etc

I say you promise to give away your Rosetta to one of us if you fail.

Worried?})

CharlotteK

Now hang on.....That's not much of a penalty for an addict!
It gives you from now until July to find reasons for not going ...Like It doesn't matter, I can miss one year, I'll go with XYZ on their birthdays instead, hubbie's paying for it so it's not my money.......Etc

I say you promise to give away your Rosetta to one of us if you fail.

Worried?})
Lol! Ok. If I fail, I'll give away my brand new Tabula Mundi and pay worldwide postage on it 😜

csmith0406

I also need a break from buying, my little "birthday money" spree MAY have gone over the actual amount of birthday money I had, just possibly, by a considerable amount. Three months sounds like a good time period for a moratorium on new purchases.

Oh shoot, I just remembered there is a new release of the Rosetta deck coming soon, hmmmmm. Does it count if I get someone to buy it for me???

Thoughtful

l gave way and bought the Hanson-Roberts, l know, l know, but it has been stalking me for ages. Am not sorry at all about it, l love it. But l am back on the wagon again, l think :rolleyes:

barefootlife

There are two more as-yet-incomplete decks that I want, and I lust for the Bonefire and to-be-released Angelarium, but I think I'm done for awhile. What I've got is enough to keep me busy exploring for a good while, and Bonefire isn't going anywhere.

Dogs&Coffee

There are two more as-yet-incomplete decks that I want, and I lust for the Bonefire and to-be-released Angelarium, but I think I'm done for awhile. What I've got is enough to keep me busy exploring for a good while, and Bonefire isn't going anywhere.

so... um... what incomplete decks might those be.... you know... because reasons....