True Tarot Card Meanings: Learn the Secrets of Professional Readers by Andrea Green

calmbrain

The problem: I'm a newbie and I would like to learn Andrea Green's full system of tarot card meanings but I can't find the reversed meanings in her kindle book. I feel that if I don't have the reversed meanings which she said she uses, then the system of meanings is incomplete and so it would not be suitable for me to use.

The True Tarot Card Meanings by Andrea Green is a book which is only available in the kindle edition. I wish I could buy it as a hard copy book. There was a basic list of upright tarot meanings on her website (from a free download) and she said there that reversed meanings were given in the above kindle book.

So far, I can't see reversed cards mentioned in the kindle book but this could be because it's hard to search for anything in a kindle book without reading every page as I read the book on my PC from the kindle cloud but there seems to be no method to search for terms such as 'reversed cards.'

Kindle books may be fine for reading novels but I find it's very difficult with non-fiction books where you often want to jump to different sections but you can't always find them when you want to go back to them. Also there is no index at the back of the book to help you find anything specific.

So I am hoping that some kind person who had read every page of this book can tell me if they have come across any mention of reversed card meanings in the book. Andrea seems only to give upright meanings as she moves from one card to the next.

I would like to learn Andrea Green's full system of meanings but I feel that if I don't have the reversed meanings which she always uses, then the system of meanings is incomplete and so would not be suitable for me to use as they wouldn't give full and accurate readings.

My thanks to anyone who can help me.

rwcarter

Welcome to Aeclectic, calmbrain!

Don't have the book and never heard of it, but since you've been to her website, is there a "Contact me" or "Post a Response" type link where you could ask her directly if the reversed meanings are supposed to be in the Kindle book and if so then where? She might be very interested in hearing that the reversed meanings aren't there if they're supposed to be.

Rodney

IreneCroft

As far as I know 'Andrea Green' is not a real person.
For absolute beginners from the Tarot world, we have written Kabbalah and Tarot for Kindle as ‘Andrea Green’.
Source of the quoted text: http://www.tarotassociation.net/a-kabbalah-study-program/

So may be it would be better to ask someone from the Tarot Association?

As for the reversed meanings in the book itself, there are some suggestions. For example, for 4 of Swords:
If this card comes up reversed, it is saying you need to get out there more, be a bit more social!
And here she gives an assignment:
Journal Assignment: If the Fool means “freedom”, what would it mean reversed? We can be confident about learning reversals if we keep it simple. Just flip it on its head!
And here what is said about the reversals in general ('the system of Andrea Green' if you like to call it that way):
Let us take a look now at reversals, where the energy of a card can be read as the “opposite” to its natural upright meaning, or from a “different angle”, or as simply bringing our attention to the energy of that card in particular. In the following spread, using five cards, we will see an example of the 8 of Swords reversed.
Actually that's all. There are no reversed meanings of every card and no special chapter about the reversals in the book. And it looks like they were not supposed to be there.

calmbrain

True Tarot Card Meanings

Rodney
Thanks for the welcome, and for your advice. I have checked the website after reading what you said and there is no 'contact me' button but Irene's post seems to have given me the information which I need.

Irene
Thanks for your fast reply. I thought that I would be waiting a week or longer to get a reply about this book. The reason I was confused was that I have looked at more than 10 tarot books in bookshops and in my local library.

I noticed that the books which use reversed card meanings made it very clear what these meanings were for each card, or they had one chapter discussing reversed cards. This was why I was thrown by this book because it didn't have any clear details of reversed cards, yet she had said that she used them. But as your examples show, she does mention them briefly.

It seems (as you said) that there is no Andrea Green, and the material was written by a person/persons connected to the Tarot Association. The one thing I like about this book is that it gives the meaning of a card but also it tells you what specific advice the card is giving to the querent. So now I plan to go ahead and use this system of meanings.

Irene, you found that someone was using a false identity (Andrea Green) and you tracked down relevant information for me. You should start a detective agency lol A new career beckons for you ?????

I love that I can contact other tarot users in this forum for help. I'm sure that I will have plenty of questions in the future. Thanks again.