Le Petit Lenormand Noir

Penthasilia

I was really surprised there wasn't a thread here to discuss this absolutely AMAZING lenormand!

I missed out on the first batch- so pre-ordered from the second as soon as it was open and have been using this almost exclusively as my lenormand.

It is one of those few non-historical repro lenormands that has achieved, imho, a balance of perfection in both beauty and simplicity. The images are clear- there is no additional fussiness to have to deal with, and unbelievably beautiful.

And chatty- oh my! When you lay out a GT with this deck, the reading is so effortless it just flows remarkably well. It is like the deck comes to life- illuminating all those relationships between the cards with such ease that you don't even realize it is happening while you are reading.

I was utterly amazed at how this lovely deck reads so amazingly well- to the point of where it gets used more than my Gluck and Mertz (my top 2, prior to the arrival of the Noir).

I just wanted to at least get a thread started to see what others have found that use it, start discussions and so forth. As well as to gush, because really- I have become a bit less enthused about new decks and when one of this magnitude comes along- well, I have to gush a bit! :D

manga365

This sounds wonderful, where can I buy this?

Chronata

Thanks for starting this thread Pen!

I like gushing! :D

I wanted to make this deck because I do a lot of renaissance and medieval fests, and I wanted a deck that seemed to fit the era. Plus...I have the Tarot Noir, and I like to do tandem readings with Lennies and tarot that go together (like the Minutes!)

I think because of the black and white nature of the images...and the distinct lack of color, this deck just isn't very popular.
Folks like color. Heck, even I like color!

But there is something kind of mysterious and enchanting about black and white...like an old Noir film on late night TV...that just really appeals to me.
And I liked that I could take the motifs and symbols and do a classic "white" version of things (like the Snowy Owls, the Polar Bear, and the Arctic Fox!)

(Manga~ there's a link in my profile...I think, that goes to my webpage for ordering!)

manga365

Thank you so much!

Penthasilia

This sounds wonderful, where can I buy this?

Here is the link to buy it and see some pics: http://tarotgoodies.webs.com/apps/webstore/products/show/3746517

I think that the black and white works very well for Lenormand decks. I like something simple when reading, especially a GT- and over coloration seems to just muddy up the works.

I am really surprised that there hasn't been more discussion on this deck- to me it is one of the prettiest and easiest to read lenormands that has come out and is not a repro.

I just love it! :)

And for those wondering, the card stock is very good and seems like it will stand up well, even for a riffle shuffler like me. :D

manga365

Here is the link to buy it and see some pics: http://tarotgoodies.webs.com/apps/webstore/products/show/3746517

I think that the black and white works very well for Lenormand decks. I like something simple when reading, especially a GT- and over coloration seems to just muddy up the works.

I am really surprised that there hasn't been more discussion on this deck- to me it is one of the prettiest and easiest to read lenormands that has come out and is not a repro.

I just love it! :)

And for those wondering, the card stock is very good and seems like it will stand up well, even for a riffle shuffler like me. :D

Thanks for the link! I love the black and white, definitely on my wishlist now.

HuskyChariot

Added to my wishlist :D

It's so beautiful, I really get the feeling of being transported to a world between worlds when I look at the images!

I'm still to learn Lenormand and I think this deck would be great to learn with :heart:

Chronata

Oh I do hope this card stock lasts! I'm a rifle shuffler as well...and so far, the deck has held up!
I really wanted the best card stock for these...and I argued with my printer about it, until he realized that the heavier weight was the best!(and that I was starting to get WAY too emotional about it!)

I may take a black marker to the edges of mine (ala the Antiquarian Lennie) And see if that makes a difference. I think it might look very cool.

MoonGypsy

I may take a black marker to the edges of mine (ala the Antiquarian Lennie) And see if that makes a difference. I think it might look very cool.

i did mine, and they look SUPER! :D Definitely go for it!

manga365

I got mine yesterday, love it! Thanks so much, Chronata!