Expectations for Lenormand vs other decks

RavenLuna

I ignored Lenormand for a long time thinking that it was like Tarot, but different. Once I realised it used combinations of cards, I wanted to learn the system.

I like how succinct and specific it is. Even more specific than Tarot, and just as succinct as runes. To get a succinct and specific answer, I ask a specific question.

I don't get the same kind of answers from oracle decks.

FLizarraga

Precision and practicality. Someone said something along the lines of that Tarot will tell you that your spouse is betraying you, but Lenormand will tell you with whom, where and at what times.

Other types of decks (Tarot and other oracles) give me deeper spiritual insight and can have a lot of layers. I find Lenormand a lot more limited in scope, very cut and dried, but focused and precise.

Case in point: About a year ago I did a Tarot reading for a friend of mine. She was working at a Catholic school and having a lot of trouble with the all-male management. (The usual closet cases, plus a couple of pedophiles. No comment on the Catholic faith, just stating the facts of this particular case.) The Tarot reading showed there was going to be much turmoil and a long-drawn fight. (Don't remember the cards except for the prominently placed Devil. It was Kat Black's Golden Tarot.)

Then I pulled out a Lenormand deck and tentatively drew: Cross + Tower + Scythe. And it hit me. I turned around and told her, "They're going to fire you soon." She laughed. Not two months later, she was fired.

(And there was a lot of turmoil, legal and otherwise, before and after. That dancing, gleeful Devil.)