Personalized Lenormand Cards

Aster Breo

I've been thinking about how, over time, certain cards develop meanings unique to the reader. For example, when I read for myself and the Bear comes up, I know it's referring to my husband. But that's only for readings for myself. For others, the Bear carries it's traditional meanings.

That got me thinking about the possibility of commissioning specific, customized cards to add to one's deck (for decks whose creators are willing, of course). For me, that might mean adding cards intended as significators for my family and myself, which would free up the Man, Woman, and Child to represent other people in readings for us.

I realize this would be a pretty substantial departure from traditional Lenormand methodology. And that might be an insurmountable problem for some readers.

But I see it more like customized versions of the extra Man and Woman cards that decks often include.

What do you think, as a reader? Would it be useful? Confusing?

If you like the idea, what sorts of custom cards would you be interested in?

If you're a deck designer, what do you think? Too time consuming? Or maybe a fairly easy way to make some extra money?

Just curious... :)

reall

I like it!:))) I'm designing my own lenormand and so far I end up with with ideas for 14 extra cards!:))) when completed hopefully it will be full 52card deck!:)
I plan to offer standar 36 card lenormand and option with extra cards!^^:)))
and as I read here people often have a diferent preferences about titles, numbers, card insertions etc I had idea to offer options regarding that as well?!:))
and then I remeber it would be fantastic if I could offer costumization for one card!:))
cuz I'm estetic one card can often be a deal break for me so this would be something I would like to see!:)) it would take more time to complete the order but imo that way you could get original deck with special card/s!:))) that would be really special gift!^^ :))