VIONA Lenormand...anyone have it?

greatdane

Well, IHeartRescues may wish to know more

I read images, period, and I read them how I read them.

Where tarot is different, Lenormand is Lenormand. A Fox is a Fox, a Heart a Heart, no matter the deck. Which is why I don't need titles and I don't like verses or descriptions, they're just superfluous to me. But for those who wish to know more about this deck, I guess this is as good a place as any to share info :). I don't think many have this deck. At least not from what I've read here.

For those still figuring out Lenormand, I think if verses or card symbols help, all the better. Once it clicks though, I think people read the way they read, with what works for them.

I do find it interesting from the few I have read who have this, not many use it much.

I will be happy to take it for a reading spin when I get it, I do think it's cool that the titles are in Dutch even though I would be happy if there were no titles, verses or playing card inserts :).

IHeartRescues

Maybe a couple of cards karen0205

I don't have the VIONA nor do I plan on ordering it. And all of my Lenormand decks so far, have only playing card references, since I plan on incorporating these into my readings eventually.

BUT I would love to see a couple of examples of what is written on these cards definitely karen02065! I don't know if they are poems w/ clues, or flat-out directions and keywords...

Maybe you could post them here since there is so little in English about them. I vote for Fox and Lillies and Tree. greatdane, any preferences? lol

IHeartRescues

karen do you still want to translate a few of these cards?

I listed which cards I would enjoy seeing translated into English fm the Dutch. :)

Thank you.

Lindalupos

Hey! I'm Dutch and I have the Viona Lenormand. If you want I can translate the text for you?

Fox, Lilies and Tree, right? I don't have the deck immediately near me, but I can see if I can do a translation tomorrow, Sunday at the latest!

I have the deck because the pictures appealed to me (I'm a sucker for pseudo-Victorian) but the deck doesn't really 'speak' to me. Admittedly, mostly the verses distract me. But it is easy to recognise all the cards at a glance, and it's nicely sized.

IHeartRescues

Hi Lindlupos :)

Yes I am the one who was interested in seeing the translation fm the Dutch of the Fox, Lilies and the Tree. So nice of you to jump in..... Sunday will be great! Thank you.

I find much that is Victorian (and Edwardian) VERY appealing design-wise.. Though Vic can get a bit Rococo at times-with flowers covering every inch! (shudder) My mixing of centuries here is intentional lol

http://files.umwblogs.org/blogs.dir/125/files/2008/01/450px-bilbao_jeff_koons_puppy.jpg

Lindalupos

Alright, here goes! Tree, Fox and Lilies.

Tree card: "A tree nearby means extra care for strength and vitality. A tree in the distance means less unrest/restlessness and more strength."
LWB meaning: "The tree stands for strength and vitality, which you must take care of. The closer the tree is to you, the more attention you have to give it."

Fox card: "Let us be wary and not rely on the fox. His russet coat is full of tricks and deceit and is not to be trusted." (This one actually rhymes but I'm not much of a rhymer in English. :p)
LWB: "Foxes are sly and stand for ruse, deceit and intrige. Be on your guard and think carefully about who you can trust. Some people can be real foxes with their tricks."

Lilies: "The lily leads us cherishingly/shelteringly with fatherly support through our life. On top/above the lily means virtue; below it means unfaithfulness and dishonesty."
LWB: "The lily guards your interests and leads you through life (existence). This card stands for fatherly support while climbing the ladders of life. When it's positioned above another card, it refers to virtue; below it, it refers to disloyalty and dishonesty."

That's as close as I can get it. :)

IHeartRescues

Beautiful!

Alright, here goes! Tree, Fox and Lilies.

Tree card: "A tree nearby means extra care for strength and vitality. A tree in the distance means less unrest/restlessness and more strength."
LWB meaning: "The tree stands for strength and vitality, which you must take care of. The closer the tree is to you, the more attention you have to give it."

Fox card: "Let us be wary and not rely on the fox. His russet coat is full of tricks and deceit and is not to be trusted." (This one actually rhymes but I'm not much of a rhymer in English. :p)
LWB: "Foxes are sly and stand for ruse, deceit and intrige. Be on your guard and think carefully about who you can trust. Some people can be real foxes with their tricks."

Lilies: "The lily leads us cherishingly/shelteringly with fatherly support through our life. On top/above the lily means virtue; below it means unfaithfulness and dishonesty."
LWB: "The lily guards your interests and leads you through life (existence). This card stands for fatherly support while climbing the ladders of life. When it's positioned above another card, it refers to virtue; below it, it refers to disloyalty and dishonesty."

That's as close as I can get it. :)

Well that was quick Lindalupos! And a beautiful translation as well! So they also refer to distance. Nice. The cards look even better blown up like that.
Thanks so much for your kind offering <3

Lindalupos

You're welcome!

Seeing the cards like this, it IS a beautiful deck. :)