Online game table for laying out cards

Arania

Those of you into table top role playing games or even board games and card games might know this already but for those who don't...

Roll20, which is originally a place for role players to gather, allows the use of cards (and there are active card game communities there, too).

You can lay out the cards (from several decks if you want) any way you want on the table, draw them one by one or as a set, show them openly or only the backs, have sitters draw themselves and you can share with any number of people. Means you can do readings showing the cards to your sitters, and you can actually meet up live. You don't have to, you can also just give them the link. All your sitter needs is their own account. There is of course an inbuilt chat, so you can post reading results on the forum, showing the whole process of a reading rather than getting feedback later.

Two downsides, one is that you can't use reversals unless you add every card twice (with on in the upside down form) or you find another way to determine what's up and what's down and then flip them once they are laid out. In the future, they might include a RW-deck as default and add a flip option so I heard, but the copyright issue with the RW wasn't clear last time the issue came up.

The other is that it is quite a bit of work to enter a deck, as you need to add cards one by one and then name them (you could in theory not bother though). It is not possible to share decks across games/tables, so no one could take the deck you put up and use it themselves.

The best thing - it is free, although the free version has a limited data storage, but unless you store masses of role playing maps like me (heavy RPGer here) you won't run into a problem unless you want to store a LOT of decks. You will probably want to scale down your scans though because best to use for cards are smaller images so they will flip right.

You can create your own decks with any number of cards.

I haven't used it for readings yet because it took me a while to figure out how to use this feature but I will very likely try it soon.

SixDegrees

This is fascinating--thanks for the information! I often do long distance readings for friends, and I love the idea of them being able to actually "see" the reading virtually. I may look into this option in the future.

Arania

I just found out it is possible to batch upload images via drag and drop, which makes it a lot quicker. I have created 4 decks by now, 2 tarot and 2 oracle.