Tarot Books

PamG

Hi Citrin, Le Fanu and Jema (can I address you all here? I am learning the etiquette for the forum!) I love the idea of having a book that specifically focuses on the Jean Noblet deck. Sounds like one can really go into depth there. It's on my list. Thanks so much.

rwcarter -- there are more books. That's a great resource page. Thanks for that. Do you use that deck yourself?

avalonian, thanks for that rec. I have noticed that a lot of the books are based on the RW deck. Having said that, my sister is going to buy me the RW deck for my b'day in the spring. I like the idea of having several decks.

Changingsky2 - Rachel Pollack sounds like a must for a novice like me. At first glance Mary Greer's blog looks super cool and geeky. I'm going to start reading it this weekend and let you know. Thanks for that suggestion.

And Nick! You've also confirmed that Pollack is the way to go here.

This forum is great! Thank you all.

rwcarter

rwcarter -- there are more books. That's a great resource page. Thanks for that. Do you use that deck yourself?
I have not delved into the Marseilles system yet myself. But that hasn't stopped me from accumulating books for the day when I do. :)

3ill.yazi

Congratulations on owning the Noblet, one of my favorite decks. For TdM and that deck in particular, I found Jean-Michel David's "Reading the Marseilles Tarot" an essential book. It was developed from a series of classes he did specifically around that deck, but it's useful for any student of the TdM. Really essential stuff about the history of the deck, and the imagery of the world in which it was created. The book is pricey at $50 for a paperback, but it's available as a PDF e-book from lulu.com for much less, under $15 last time I checked.

PamG

3ill.yazi, thanks for the recommendation. It sounds like Reading the Marseilles Tarot book is worth it. I'll add to my list and just start buying these books one my one. It's going to be an exciting journey!

PamG

Changingsky2 - I just purchased the Mary K. Greer's Tarot for Yourself and I am enjoying it very much (her blog is also fantastic). I'm finding it's a good book for a beginner. Though I am still using my Jean Noblet deck, I am able to familiarize myself with the cards and the book is fantastic for developing and tapping into one's intuition. Thanks so much for the recommendation.

The books focusing on the Marseilles decks most specifically are going to be my next purchases.

ana luisa

Welcome to AT !! I will not recommend books on the Marseilles because you've already had excellent suggestions. I will though recommend that you read the amazing threads initiated by Enrique Enriquez here at this Forum. Here's a link. This man is a genius, imho, and the way he reads the Marseilles simply blew my mind. Have fun;)

http://www.tarotforum.net/search.php?searchid=5681115

And here's a link to a youtube video on his philosophy :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzWfZT7L6zI

PamG

ana luisa , hello, and forgive my late reply. Thanks for your input. The first link you posted didn't work but I did a search on him and watched the youtube video. I have to explore more. The youtube video gave me the sense that he is controversial and very creative in the way he reads but it was hard to get much more than that.