game crafter decks marketing ideas

garmonbozia

Remember TGC is an Indie GAME producer, so the concept that Tarotists want the cards in an order just does not make sense to them since cards in a game are random.

Game decks typically come with all the cards in a particular order as well. Bicycle decks have a very particular order. I think this is just an eccentricity of TGC and their printing process.

It's like buying a used tarot deck online where the cards are all out of order. It's annoying to put all the cards in order to double check that they are all there, but it's a nice way to get a first glimpse of a new deck.

I can see how this would be a huge annoyance to deck designers who might bulk order decks and ship them to customers themselves (do many people do that?) --especially if they want to check decks before shipping them.

garmonbozia

i can testify that the cardstock and print quality
are really gorgeous! And the cards shuffle like a dream...they also lay perfectly
flat on the table--no warping/bending/curving at all!:heart:
Is it me, or has gamecrafter's quality vastly improved in the past year or 2? :)

I definitely think they've changed their card stock sometime in recent years from comparing decks I've ordered, but the overall quality is very comparable to me. I've always thought their card stock has been pretty good.

I wish their boxes were better though....and that the tarot boxes didn't have so much extra room. That extra space is not great for the box or the cards.

tarotbear

Thanks, Tarotbear....ya that alone makes a huge difference. You can't have a face card if it's shuffled randomly into the deck. And there is so much confusing stuff on there, like it's for techies or something....& that's coming from someone who literally finds it impossible to make things simple myself. Maybe the reality is they're really not interested in tapping into the Tarot market.

Oddly - when I set up the cards for PS I had them 'coded' so that the lead card would be first, Majors next, the suits in alphabetical order, and the Bio card would be last - PS had no problem with that.

When I applied the same concept to TGC in my files they fall into the order I chose - but for some inexplicable reason they don't end up that way in the box! When I was selling signed editions I opened every box and put the Tarot cards in order myself.

As with everything - including getting my books self-published and getting a web page created - the directions are written for people who already understand them and NO ONE has them in 'plain English' (Hit this button first, then that one) for the clueless.

tarotbear

I wish their boxes were better though....and that the tarot boxes didn't have so much extra room. That extra space is not great for the box or the cards.

There is now a TGC 40-card and 90-card Tarot tuck box - which I think were designed for the addition of a booklet or folded instructions to fill the space and keep the cards from rattling around. I think there are 10 (have you figured out the logistics of that?) Tarot cards on a sheet, so one would think there could be a 40, 80, & 90 Tarot card tuck box template available for those with or without pamphlets and booklets for their decks.

Just a thought ....

Hexi

tarot boxes

I used the clam shell boxes, they are really nice and fit the jumbo deck well. a tad big for the poker size, but still nicer than a tuck box.

tarotbear

It was hard enough for pc-illiterate me to get the tuck box design to work - I don't think I'd want to deal with designing all the sides for a clam shell-type box! :bugeyed:

Hexi

designer

I know a designer who can upload your stuff to TGC for a fee. www.levelupenterprises.ca He did mine and did a great job. Not sure how much he would charge you, but you can ask. Cheers Hexi

seven stars

I know a designer who can upload your stuff to TGC for a fee. www.levelupenterprises.ca He did mine and did a great job. Not sure how much he would charge you, but you can ask. Cheers Hexi

That's really the sign of a very poorly done website if you have to hire someone just to enter your information. I have way too many decks for that.

Hexi

sometimes people just don't have the skills or time to upload decks to websites. They are into being artists and not techies.. It is not a reflection of a website.