Am I being had? (is this a scam?)

AnemoneRosie

I'm trying very hard to not make this a yes/no question but I'm not really sure how else to frame it. Any input is appreciated!

*3***4*
***1***
*2***5*

1. The heart of what's happening
2. Background of company
3. My background (why do I want this?)
4. What do I need to know? (advice)
5. Advisable outcome

the11thOctopus

I'm trying very hard to not make this a yes/no question but I'm not really sure how else to frame it. Any input is appreciated!

*3***4*
***1***
*2***5*

2. Background of company
5. Advisable outcome

I think that spread seems viable given your situation, although I might phrase the question as what is the likely outcome if A or B and do two simultaneous three card spreads and read them narratively, rather than as past present future. I am interested to hear about the results of that reading you laid out above though.

-Octo

Pipistrelle

*3***4*
***1***
*2***5*

2. Background of company
5. Advisable outcome

Hi AnenomeRosie,

Just a couple of very minor suggestions for tweaks that might help.

Phrase the question "What do I need to know about this offer/deal/arrangement?" so as not go into the reading with any preconceptions. (I don't know if this title thread was your intended question or just the spread name - either way, it sets you up for a yes/no style reading).

"Background of the company" seems quite vague and may not relate to this situation. Perhaps reword this position as "Company X's motivations for this deal/offer".

Similarly, maybe reword position 3 as "Why this deal/offer appeals to me?"

I'd swap positions 4 and 5 around as well, so you have something like "Outcome if I accept" followed by a good old fashioned Advice card.

I don't know the situation at all so this may not be suitable but it's what occured to me when I looked at it.

Pip

AnemoneRosie

Thanks Pip!
I did end up doing a reading with it. You can see it here if you care to.
Tbh I feel that my results were inconclusive, but that may be because of juxtapositions within the cards, or because I'm too emotionally involved.