Sabian Symbols: An Introduction for the Inquisitive.

Little Hare

Thank you so much Valeria!!!!

Much love and light

P_P

AJ

purple_scorp said:
Hi Barb,

Was just thinking you could use Orphalese to record your notes for each card - yes, yes, better quickly upload my Sabian deck to the Tarot Zone.

with love
purple_scorp

I'm not completely clear about SS. There is or isn't a deck for this?
Or would it be more like bibilomancy, flip open one of the SS books for your answer?

Sorry to be so dense..I did read the above, but it usually takes me 3 times of reading something before it sticks.
Thanks...

purple_scorp

Dear AJ,

I have two SS books. One by Lynda Hill and one by Lyn Birkbeck. Both have one page for each of the 360 symbols.

I also received 42 cards with Lynda's book. There are 30 cards numbered from 1-30. And then you have 12 zodiac cards.

The idea is you shuffle and pick one card from each of those two piles. Then, you turn to the corresponding page.

So, you might pick the number 17 and the zodiac Cancer.

You then flip the book to Cancer 17.

If you are getting confused by our discussion of a deck here, it might be that I have mentioned the digital deck/cards that I created. I thought that by going through the process of choosing an image for each symbol, I would gain a greater insight into the symbols themselves.

Does that clarify things?

with love
purple_scorp

AJ

Good morning Purp,
I ordered Linda's book. As a tarotist I guess I get a brain rut. cards=divination and I forget there are so many other ways.

When I first came to AT I got really really cross at all the Sabian Symbols threads each morning making it look like there were way more new posts about tarot :) so I guess I turned my back on their potential.

Yesterday I got to thinking about it and found Linda's site and had two on-line readings, and they made the hair stand up on my head they were so accurate. So I thought I'd get a book and read the background. I'm an info junkie, but I also think this might be the year to stretch myself. Stagnation is dull.

see you here soon :)

purple_scorp

Dear AJ,

I can't stop smiling about your post.

I feel that because the Sabian corner here is not that well frequented - it's kind of like sharing a little secret with some beautiful (family) members. Because that's how I think of everyone in this corner - as family.

Elven first introduced me to the Sabians in an Oracle Reading Exchange. I too have found them incredibly accurate.

Here's something you may want to try - it is a suggestion by Richard Hill in Lynda Hill's book. Each time you ask a question of the Oracle - choose three cards - not one.

Ask:
1. What is my true focus for this question?
2. What more do I need to know?
3. What do I need to do now in order to create a positive experience?

It's amazing when you see each of them so accurately tie into your situation.

Can't wait to see more of your posts.

with love
purple_scorp

AJ

My book came today~
I'm not crazy about the perforations on the edges of the cards, think I'll cut them down a bit

the book looks fascinating.

MCsea

AJ said:
My book came today~
I'm not crazy about the perforations on the edges of the cards, think I'll cut them down a bit

the book looks fascinating.

Thats a good idea to cut the edges!
I know Lynda Hill produced her own cards in earlier editions, but the Penguin edition - well it was not as good standard - BUT they will still work..

Elven made little tokens out of glass beads to use - they are awesome - and lovely in the hands - she engraved on the gladd beads the glyphs for each sign and then made 30 numbered ones..

I HOPE you really enjoy the book I have to say it changed my LIFE - for the better!

blessings

MARINA

silverwings94

I just received the book tofay from Lark and I too am fascinated by it. I have no idea how to do this, but with the help of Lynda's book and cards and all the links here on ATF I am sure to learn a lot. I can't wait to sink my teeth into this.
Thanks for putting this on ATF.
S

MCsea

silverwings94 said:
I just received the book tofay from Lark and I too am fascinated by it. I have no idea how to do this, but with the help of Lynda's book and cards and all the links here on ATF I am sure to learn a lot. I can't wait to sink my teeth into this.
Thanks for putting this on ATF.
S

Hi silverwings94
Lucky YOU! I thin receiveing Lyndas book and cards has change my life- so amazingly accurate (once you get the hang of it)
I use Lyndas website http://www.sabiansymbols.com/ lots- then look up the book meanings too..
I hope you really enjoy the Sabian Symbols!

blessings

MARINA

Elven

Go Silverwings94!

I know there's quite a bit of info in the thread header, but really, they are so simple to use, and there is so much information to be had as well.
Have lots of fun using them!

Cheers
Elven x