Suitable bag?

cjtarot

Hehe..They are a tricky bunch

Hi,

I agree, wait till you get the deck to decide on a bag. Take your time, maybe a friend may have a peice of cloth that is just right.

Personally, I put one of my fairy oracle deck in a green cotton bag with a leaf pattern. The green just seemed to fit - earthy, not bold and def. not brown..lol

Good luck with the little fella's

Blessings,

Cj
CJ

lark

Re: Hehe..They are a tricky bunch

cjtarot said:
and def. not brown..lol
You know on second thought I agree with CJ here.
By the looks of the cards you'd think they would like browns ect.
But mine seem to have a Liberace/Elvis kind of style.
So I'll be curious to see what yours pick.

Aura Wolf

I'm also curious to see what they'll pick :D

Alissa

My Faery deck bag is one I made myself, I spun the wool and knit the bag, adding a simple drawstring.

And :D it's brown! ;)

Dark_angel

I'm sure you will love your faeries! Mine adopted me the second they saw me in the bookstore. They hijacked a bag from one of my other decks - a gorgeous black velvet one with purple lining - and have well and truly made it their home. I'm really missing them - they're at home at the moment, and I'm visiting people. :(

Aura Wolf

You'll have them back soon, Dark_angel! :)

Wisp Wings

I don't know if you read all of the thread that was sent (the link), but in it I had wrote how I had made this rich deep green bag lined with this floral print, thinking this would be great. NO WAY! It is an interesting story and I won't repeat it all here again, I think there is two threads with it now.

You asked about if will be happy until you find what they want, I wrote about having to sandwich them between their chosen fabric until I could make it. I was really surprised that I when combining the two decks and thus having the need for a bigger bag or whatever how they did. You can really never count on expecting them to do something a certain way, unless you just outright expect the unexpected from them always! I thought this would be another time of really pushing me out and shopping, etc. Dead Star, I am like you in wanting to always have a bag waiting and ready for a deck. Not so with these faes! I really thought okay until I am told exactly what they are after they will have to remain as separate decks and the original deck stays in its bag and the new deck in the box it came in, but nope. From the moment the first were together there was no parting. Just a big PARTY! They loved being doubled. LOL. Since they were too big for the single deck bag I just sat them on top of it and there belongs on top of them. I had made this one bag after having made the first deck's bag and it has the same lining. This bag was never really for a deck I took it with me on a few trips as a soft case to store things in in my luggage. It was just a mix of using up scraps. Well, surprised me but this is what they wanted and it ends up being the perfect size and it opens on the longer length of the bag (purse like) rather than the narrow top opening as a bag normally does.

I'll see if I can scan the bags and somehow place them to view.

Wisp Wings

I started a new thread where we can share links to view pictures showing the ways our FO deck(s) are housed.

I trust Yahoo and I have Norton's, so I feel mine is safe. As always do a virus check on anything you ever download.

Here is the thread in A.T. http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21643

Aura Wolf

Oh yes I indeed read those threads :D Picky little bullies.

I saw the other thread too. I love your bags. I'm very glad I posted this thread though, you guys saved me from some terrible agony! :D