My own deck

Bronwyn86

I have started making my own deck by tracing some photocopies I have of the gilded tarot and rider-waite and renaissance packs. Basically I'm picking whatever image resonates the most.

So far I'm still on the major arcana, I want to use this pack as a practice set, so I'm writing down information on the front and back with keywords and interpretations. I also have a large sheet of card with layouts on it to stop me from looking at books for guidance.

I can't decide how I want to draw the minor arcana, whether to copy the rider-waite style or put a more basic picture and focus on the court cards.

yaraluna

It may be better if you show some of the cards or at least one to see what you are talking about and give you a better feedback.

goo luck!
yara

Queen of Pentacle

fantastic project Bronwyn86

Hello Bronwyn86
It is strange, I always wanted to mix these tree tarots, I love both the gilded minors and RWS, but for majors, I always dream of something more ancient like a Marseille or a Visconti.

I hope that your project will go smootly, and I am so very anxious to see it!

Tell (or pim me) me whenever you hace some pics to show!

Bronwyn86

I have some pictures of my first six cards, but I can't upload them here.

Tarot Cards

I have placed them up on this site though (above), so feel free to look. It is a large picture to keep detail. Perhaps not such a good idea considering they are just tracings! :p

I'm at odds with the Lovers, I haven't decided which image fits me best.

Queen of Pentacle

It seems that you want to take the best of your favorite decks. It seem a good idea. I could turn out quite cute and intersting.

Yesterday, I tried to mix my favorite cards from different decks to have a "perfect tarot"... But different size and thickness made it a very weird deck to shuffle... And style are too different.

A nice expercience, but what a mess!
And now I have to replace all the dispatched cards.