Lee Bursten's Marseille Book

Chrystella

I'm trying to obtain a copy of Lee Bursten's Marseille book. I think it was originally released as part of a set with the deck by Lo Scarabeo and I believe LS no longer sells it. When I search online for it, I tend to come up with the deck alone. I haven't been able to track down an ISBN for the book alone or even find an image of it so I know what to look for. Could anyone provide any info about this book that might help? Thank you.

3ill.yazi

To the best of my understanding the book is not available alone, and is apparently out of print. Someone recently checked and found that the publisher current only sells the Italian language edition of the set.

I suspect they are hesitant to sell it by itself because it is only 64 pages long, even though it's a very packed 64 pages.

Isbn 978 888 395 6065

Chrystella

Sigh. Thank you. So many good books are hard to find. I keep an eye out for the set as well. I see the deck around alone, but the set or book alone are proving hard to track down.

Barleywine

I'm wondering if Lee owns the rights to it. If so, he could publish it as a pdf and sell it directly on-line, cutting out the middle-man.

gregory

Lo Scarabeo appears to have a copy with English text; if you zoom in on the book, the text is English - email them and ask, to be certain.

gregory

I'm wondering if Lee owns the rights to it. If so, he could publish it as a pdf and sell it directly on-line, cutting out the middle-man.
I think he has been asked before and there was some reason why he didn't.

ETA I just emailed Andrea at Lo Scarabeo (he owes me a favour !). We shall see.

Lee

I've been in touch with Ric at LS. I have nothing to report at the moment, but stay tuned! :)

Metafizzypop

I've been looking for this book too, for the longest time. I hope there's some news soon about it.

That Tarocchi Marsigliesi just looks like the Universal Marseilles deck, which is what the original 64-page book was sold with.

3ill.yazi

In a worst-case scenario, if you absolutely can't find the book and it won't be published in the near future, the LWB provided with the deck is a serviceable abridgment of the meanings and reading method outlined in the book. You lose a lot about the majors, but it retains some useful notes about the method of reading the pips.

gregory

I've been looking for this book too, for the longest time. I hope there's some news soon about it.

That Tarocchi Marsigliesi just looks like the Universal Marseilles deck, which is what the original 64-page book was sold with.
It IS - it's the Italian copy thereof.