Tarot Book

irishpisces

I don't know what category this would fall into but I just got a brand new tarot deck (that came with a reference book), however it doesn't have a "relationship reading" option - strictly upright and reversed options. The previous tarot cards I was using had relationship readings in them as well as upright and reversed and I was wondering if any of you knew of a good reference book I could purchase that would give me relationship readings as well?

I like my new cards, I just want a book that also covers relationship stuff as well. Thanks!

Niti

Relationship as in....relating the cards to one another, or reading about real-life interpersonal relationships?

firefrost

There are many books out there on the market that cover a wide range of things. Until you decide what you want to go for, how about looking at members reading spreads?

You could be inspired to create your own.

http://www.tarotforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=56

irishpisces

Oh yes I've already looked at others spreads and what not. :) Thanks for the suggestion. I just meant... okay... for instance the previous book (and tarot deck) I was using before I got my own was "The Celtic Tarot" by Julian De Burgh. In that book the card references (when you look up what the cards means that you just drew in your reading) shows "Upright," "Reversed," AND "Relationship Reading" options for the card you drew. That way the upright position can mean everyday dealings and then the relationship reading section can relate directly to a relationship question.

I was just wondering if anyone else had any ideas or favorite books that offered this type of layout in the reference sections? I did go ahead and buy my own copy of the "Celtic Tarot" book last night (as I am the most familiar and comfortable with that book), but I just wanted to see if anyone else had any suggestions as far as their favorite books and stuff were.

Thanks again! :)

lark

Two books that I can think of right off hand that have what you are looking for in them are~
Tarot Made Easy by Nancy Garen
and
Tarot for a New Generation by Janina Renee

I personally like Janina Renee's book better she also has another good one called...Tarot Your Everyday Guide.

But the first two books i mention above break each card down into what they could mean in a relationship...work...home.... health..ect.

Oh, and I just remembered another one....Tarot Universe by Nancy Shavick's

irishpisces

lark said:
Two books that I can think of right off hand that have what you are looking for in them are~
Tarot Made Easy by Nancy Garen
and
Tarot for a New Generation by Janina Renee

I personally like Janina Renee's book better she also has another good one called...Tarot Your Everyday Guide.

But the first two books i mention above break each card down into what they could mean in a relationship...work...home.... health..ect.

Oh, and I just remembered another one....Tarot Universe by Nancy Shavick's

Thanks so much!!

nodntap

Power Tarot

Power Tarot by Trish MacGregor and Phyllis Vega has each card broken down into;

In a reading:
Work
Romance
Finances
Health
Spirituality
Empowerment

It also contains more than 100 spreads. It's worth the price of the books just for the spreads.

Don S.