Harmonious Fours

Grip Dellabonte

Grip, now that I've done the cutting and pasting, I'm not sure this summing up is necessary. It feels a tad redundant and certainly has none of the colour of the discussions. What do you think?

I think if summations help a person solidify ideas then that's good. Different people learn in different ways. It may be redundant, but if it helps you by doing it that way, then who cares? It's your style.

But if you are an intuitive reader, I believe that once you have a feel for the cards, you won't ever go back to any of the notes anyway, and you'll just go with what impressions you're picking up in that particular moment.

Soooo....I'm putting it back in your lap! if you want to sum up from time to time, that's okay.

madhavendra

4 of Chalices- Actually I like this card very much, as I did in RWS. In RWS I see man meditating under the tree. For me it meant that yes- there is stagnation in some emotional issue, maybe marriage, maybe just friendship, things can not move further, and instead of enthusiasm and fire you feel boredom or even trapped, imprisoned, but this card shows cure as well- sometimes it's good to have a break, stay aloof from the things for some time, so in mediation you could get some fresh view, fresh ideas or feelings. In RWS the young fellow is already doing it, in Harmonious he is just before making that step. Toxic relationship seems not to let him go, but he is making his steps any way (I see his feet moving and he is looking away). The mountains in the background have strong meaning to me. In India mountains are symbol of meditation, symbol of retiring from mundane affairs. When you reach some particular age you should leave everything, and go to Himalayas, looking for enlightenment before you die. Of course you shouldn't do it prematurely, because most likely it wouldn't last for long, but when things are frozen and not moving, and you don't know how to move them "retire" at least for a moment. Maybe you need it to attain enlightenment about your emotional life?

Do you think my interpretation is too far from the traditional meaning of 4 of Chalices?