Sabian Symbols Study Group: Aries Degree 14 - #14

tink27

Ohh mooncat2!! I think I'm hyperventilating!!!!!!!!!!!!

mooncat2 said:
Face to face with these words we all have the same first reaction.........Adam & Eve - The garden of Eden.
Three words , snake, man, woman, create a collective response which becomes the source for the interpretation we give.
There is no mention of God, or gardens, or apples .......no indication of what the names of this man and woman are. We automatically add these things ourselves and its all the result of conditioned thinking.............and when we think like that we limit ourselves........fail to look further for a deeper understanding and knowledge. We cut ourselves off from our own creative self and our intuitive responses.

Yes! Yes! Yes! We have given power outside of ourselves! What is an idol? A theory, an image an idea that we have given power to. An idol is a conept that can actually inhibit our own personal power or rob us of it.

Your picture gives me shivers!! There is so much emotion in it. Emotion is a word that comes from the Latin initial 'e' meaning "from" and the verb 'movere' meaning 'to move'. So the word emotion literally means 'motion out from'!!! And emotions are the truest source of motion we have. After all, our physical bodies are directed by our inner motion or emotion.

Wow!

tink :love:

purple_scorp

And, I want to be that woman in that bath......hmm, bath and massage. :)
Great image, Carol.

with love
purple_scorp

huredriel

Mooncat2 said:
he rises up out of the water ,now drawing on the masculine/active fire energies.
Now I've not actually looked at the title of this symbol properly yet ..... but this really struck me ........ reminded me so strongly of Aries 1 ........ and of course this is 14 ..... number-wise ...... both 1 and 4 standing together!

Beautiful picture too, I love how the elephant is helping to serve or joining in ........ hmmmm *deep memories*.

tink27

huredriel said:
Now I've not actually looked at the title of this symbol properly yet ..... but this really struck me ........ reminded me so strongly of Aries 1 ........ and of course this is 14 ..... number-wise ...... both 1 and 4 standing together!

Beautiful picture too, I love how the elephant is helping to serve or joining in ........ hmmmm *deep memories*.

Wow! Beautifully said huredriel!! mooncat2's picture definitely has a titillating effect!!!!!!

mooncat2

huredriel said:

To be honest, at first this image seemed very superficial and silly. I came across it after a reading exchange with Barb Ahajusts which touched on some sore points and it sort of reflected my longing to get away......have a holiday.
Looked at closer it does have quite a lot more to say.
he rises up out of the water ,now drawing on the masculine/active fire energies.
Goodness..........yes, so it does. Which reminds me that I called my Aries 1 passion and I do believe that is a very powerful emotion .............it can lift you above the fears and help you achieve the seemingly impossible.....as tink says..
So the word emotion literally means 'motion out from'!!! And emotions are the truest source of motion we have. After all, our physical bodies are directed by our inner motion or emotion.

:love:

huredriel

Yes I can see the longing ...... a beautiful beach, the ocean ...... a place of escape ....... of winding down ...... relaxing ..... and going with the flow ...... also of receiving help as this lady is getting a head massage ...... a thought ...... treat our thoughts with love?

She isn't just by water, but in water ..... and it's enjoyable ...... fragrant flowers ..... you can just imagine the scent wafting upwards ....... using her senses perhaps instead of her eyes. Trust is also evoked here too ...... naked body in the tub ...... and someone administering ....... barriers down ...... not only the elephant but the photos ...... memories being indulged in? Remembering the good stuff perhaps ...... hmmmm maybe a little flicker of a lightbulb here ....... but here is a culmination if you will ........ we all work day in day out ...... to pay the bills, the mundane, the ordinary ...... and here is our *treat* ....... reward etc. - mind I wish my rewards looked like this :D Lots and lots of gentleness here ........ treating ourselves to something special and gentle :)

Now I must go to bed, but will definitely look at this symbol's title tomorrow!!!

tink27

Oh! I just noticed something in your picture mooncat2! That little elephant is sneaking something off the food tray......if the plate falls, imagine the change of events in this picture, a sudden shift in direction.... :bugeyed: ohh a new perspective on this one......

I thinking..... :rolleyes:

mooncat2

:) Isn't it amazing how someone else's comments and phrasing sets off triggers of new understanding.
first posted by huredriel
I love how the elephant is helping to serve or joining in

Yes........he is offering nourishment which is essential for growth.

Traditionally the elephant is a symbol for the base chakra........fire/Aries so here he can represent the masc energy in a person that wants to get up and go but......

The Rainbow Serpent.......the woman.........is quite happy drifting and dreaming in her waterhole..........too much so, perhaps. If she isn't going to open her eyes and make a choice for herself then Life will do it for her and not always in the most pleasant of ways.

This was an excellent interpretation , huredriel, at the personal level. ;) .....and actually quite complex as things usually are between two people's different perspectives.
first posted by tink27
...if the plate falls, imagine the change of events in this picture, a sudden shift in direction....
:D It fell............best thing that could have happened!!!

:love:

huredriel

After googling about *eune* mentioned in Aries 16 and not getting much apart from:

eunouchos

A Greek compound word made up of eune and echein. Eune means bed and is taken to refer to the marriage bed. Echein is the Greek word for "to have" or "to hold" and can mean either "to be in charge of" or "to keep away from." Usually, eunouchos is analyzed to mean "the one in charge of the marriage bed" or chamberlain, but it could as easily be seen as "the one who keeps away from the marriage bed." There is a separate word in Greek for castrated men and boys, ektomias, which comes from the Greek word for cutting, temno.

So if we're talking about *one* and separation ...... perhaps this is the marriage bed, the foundation ...... original source of joining and healing within each of our inner selves?

I then also googled one source mythology and found this which includes a lot about snakes

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Delphi/5789/serpent.htm ...... which I thought I'd include (not had time to read it all) due to the serpent being mentioned in this symbol's title.

mooncat2

:) Well, I think 'not much' is actually quite a lot. To receive a 'brownie' message in a dream is awesome for a start.

If 'eune' is the root of the word eunuch .........a castrated male........then it fits very well with Aries 17 and the theme of being separated or cut off from the active male energy.
So if we're talking about *one* and separation ...... perhaps this is the marriage bed, the foundation ...... original source of joining and healing within each of our inner selves?
Aha.....yes..........are we talking the 'sacred marriage' because I had some thoughts on that as I was musing on Aries 18 last night.

Fascinating..........back to bed with you ......we need more dreaming. ;)