A Big Giant WOW...about my universal card!

faunabay

pippi, you're having such a great time with the faeries that I'm going to extremely excited to see what you and they come up with in the March Faery Seekers reading!!! :D

pippi

Thanks faunabay! It will be interesting, as I have never read for anyone else with the faeries yet. I've felt this desire to keep them to myself for the time being while getting to know them. So it should be interesting at the very least! :)

pippi

Jewel said:
You must share your stories with us, it is nice to hear others' experiences and lets us all know we are not alone or crazy *LOL*

Okay Jewel, you asked for it! :p I'm just going to cut and paste from an excerpt I posted on my blog about my sighting, because I'm too lazy to type it all out again:

I can't recall exactly when I saw the spirit, because I didn't write it down at the time, and my memory sucks. But it was the same week I received my Faeries' Oracle deck, so it was either a day or so before or after. It wasn't until several days later that I made the connection to the card.

I was sitting outside in the backyard after dark. I had the patio light on, and my chair’s back was set up against the house. I was looking to my left, when I felt a strong presence to my right. The only thing to my right was the closed gate, a couple feet away. I completely expected to see someone suddenly standing there, though I hadn’t heard anyone enter the gate. My heart was pounding very fast as I turned my head. I saw a figure standing there, almost identical to the image in the Death card from the Faeries' Oracle. Only the figure I saw was purely black, and was not holding a crystal ball. As soon as I saw it, it disappeared.

This sighting happened during a time when I was having a spiritual growth spurt. The Death card symbolizes to me an ending, making the way for new growth. So it made perfect sense that I should see it. I took it as a confirmation that my former way of experiencing an ordinary life is nearing an end, making way for a deeper connection with spirit. This is something I have wanted to explore for a long time, and am happy to consciously be aware of this new chapter expanding in my life.

This is the very first spirit that I have seen with my eyes, rather than felt with other senses. Leave it to me to see the Death faery. LOL!! Although, as a Scorpio, the Death card in tarot is my card. And I'm no stranger to change, and always welcome it in my life.

My aunt has seen many spirits, and I never wanted that "gift" because it scared me. But surprisingly, when I saw this figure, it didn't scare me. Before I turned around, when I just felt someone's presence, my heart leaped into my throat because I was afraid it would be a human. Now those I'm afraid of! At least ones creeping around at night!! But as soon as I saw the figure, and watched it disappear, even though it was a figure most would consider scary, I wasn't frightened. That surprised me. Still...next time (if there is a next time), it'd be nice to see one of the more happy-go-lucky faeries.

So that's my story. Now you're probably not feeling so crazy yourself after all, eh? :D

faunabay

Oh what a wonderful story!!!! Thanks for passing it on.

I still haven't seen a faery with my own eyes, but others senses.....well that's an whole 'nother story!! They're around me all the time. But I would like to actually see one. Maybe now that I've put it into words and sort of asked I will!!! :)

pippi

Yes...maybe they've been waiting for your permission. (Though I don't recall announcing it was fine by me, but if it were left up to me, I might never feel ready, so I was nudged!) Please do let us know if/when you have a sighting of your own! :)

Jewel

faunabay said:
Oh what a wonderful story!!!! Thanks for passing it on.

I still haven't seen a faery with my own eyes, but others senses.....well that's an whole 'nother story!! They're around me all the time. But I would like to actually see one. Maybe now that I've put it into words and sort of asked I will!!! :)
Yes, pippi thanks for sharing! Very cool experience, better yet that it was reasuring to you and not frightening.

Faunasis, I know what you mean ... same here. One thing I have found that they will do, if asked, is reveal themselves to you by having you look through the Froud books and "telling" you which one they are. Specially if you tell them you want to draw them ~giggles~. You don't have to draw well, just play at it. You know how the faeries are. Once you start then they sort of guide you on some things so you can better see them the way they want you to see them. It is quite fun!

Faolainn Storm

I don't need to drw the faery I saw - Froud did a much, much better job of it then I ever could.
My faery friend is Himself, who has also introduced himself to me as Herne, Gwynn and Cernunnos at various times. Now as Cernunnos is also my patron god, I was a little puzzled by this. So I questioned Him, to which he shrugged and said the lines between gods and faeries aren't so clear where he is. What that means I'm not so sure, but I knew it was Him as soon as I saw the card. He looked straight out at me and smiled that knowing smile, and I knew this was the same guy I had been talking to in my meditations and dreams for years - and I that I've seen around every now and then. Unless there's another guy out there with antlers and stars in his hair :)

Faolainn Storm

Oh and to simplify my life I have taken to using Himself as a generic name for Him. It saves me from having to ask who he is each time I see Him, and both of us a lot of confusion.