So Mercury is Going Retrograde...?

Barbaras Ahajusts

Dave,
If it wasn't for the teaching aspect of your post, I would yell out for a rope to chase you down! (just joking!)

I am noting these dates in my monthly calendar. I'm finding astrology is more accurate that the tarot. No one hit me over that observation, please. I just find I can bank on what is going on up above.

:)Barb

franniee

Embla said:
Does anybody know if Mercury retrograde can cause sleeping problems? Because here in Sweden nobody has been sleeping well since Monday.

I think you can chalk that up to the full moon! This one was a dozey! I haven't slept in a few days!!! :(

dadsnook2000

For Barbaras Ahajusts

Sometimes I just get frustrated over the "astro-babble" that doesn't relate what one observed or felt or did to an astrological factors. We have a chat forum, but this is an astrology forum. I'm not a moderator, but every once in awhile it seems appropriate to nudge everyone back to where they include a bit of astrology in their communications.

I only monitor and post here because I'm into tarot cards and readings. I'm currently working with the Study Group forum, guiding the 21 Ways to Read A Tarot Card list. I'm involved in serious astrology on other lists and try to help and guide some of the people here. It's why I created the Planet Series of posts and encouraged everyone to post their charts. It''s just the nature of the world that many may be interested in astrology, but only a very few actually take if very far. We are fortunate to have several capable people that post here regularly. Dave

franniee

dadsnook2000 said:
On Jan. 13, over a week ago, Mercury passed the zodiac point (8-23 Aquarius) where it would later retrograde to, and then turn direct.

On Jan. 28, in a few days, Mercury will turn retrograde at 23-48 Aquarius.

On Feb. 7th, Mercury and Sun were conjunct at 17 Aquarius.

On Feb. 18th, just 21 days later (a short retrograde period), Mercury will turn direct at 8-23 Aquarius -- where it passed on Jan. 13th.

On March 10th, Mercury will pass the point where it turned retrograde.

Mercury catches up with the Sun on April 16th at 26 Aries.

These are the dates that everyone should watch relative to what happens to them and what is contacted in their chart. Then, we can learn a bit about what Mercury does for/to us rather than just speculate. Dave

OK I am with you Dave... but I am not sure how to apply it... aquarius is in my 10th and 11th houses... and I have nothing but a node... the one that looks like a u (sorry can't remember if it is north or south). So does this mean that it will have little to no effect? I am a virgo with taurus rising... Being a virgo usually means that I am effected by merc Rx but not always...

I am not worried I am just curious especially since you brought up the exact movement of merc....

here's the deal this is my natal chart... is it even valid or must I figure a progressed chart.

I was in a shop the other day and this woman said ah a fire sign.... and I said NO I am an earth sign - as a matter of fact I am double earth with earth at the top of my chart making almost a grand trine. She said... well that is your natal chart.... you are probably progressed to scorp by now...

I am so confused! :laugh: I am firey! no doubt always have been....but there isn't any fire in my chart. Venus is in leo along with uranus...??? but that is it...

And i would love to join the study group if you have room..... I need to learn more - I do love it. thanks
f

Barbaras Ahajusts

Hey Dave

Heres one for you, Dave. Because of the babbling we do over what Mars or Merc has done or rather how its affected us, I am learning more that just reading a book or your posts!
So its a combination of everything that is helping us grow.

Unfortunatly we don't all learn the same way, so untill someone shoots us ;) babbling away and then trying to understand how things relate in our chart to what is going on up there, is what you are saddled with.

I know, its like teaching a bunch of rowdy hormonal teenagers at times, but hey, having fun while we learn makes it so much easier to remember things!

Just try to ignor us if we get to loud or obnoxious. We are still in the learning stages.

Hugs Dave!

Barbara Ann

dadsnook2000

For franniee

The "u" symbol is the Moon's South Node which typically symbolizes the skills you seem to naturally have, the manner is which you most easily interact with others. The North Node indicates where and how you should be headed in terms of developing new associations and opportunities. With the South Node in the 10th or 11th house area of your chart, it suggests that you have friends and work well with them. As a support circle, they could be quite helpful in many areas.

Mercury making contacts in this area might contact your MC angle as well as the South Node. Mercury denotes communication, perception, travel, how you organize and recall information, letters and explanations -- the meanings you use need to fit the context you apply them to. Mercury and Node contacts often represent an exchange of ideas and opinions, making plans, talking with friends or associates. Just some ideas. Dave

franniee

dadsnook2000 said:
The "u" symbol is the Moon's South Node which typically symbolizes the skills you seem to naturally have, the manner is which you most easily interact with others. The North Node indicates where and how you should be headed in terms of developing new associations and opportunities. With the South Node in the 10th or 11th house area of your chart, it suggests that you have friends and work well with them. As a support circle, they could be quite helpful in many areas.

Mercury making contacts in this area might contact your MC angle as well as the South Node. Mercury denotes communication, perception, travel, how you organize and recall information, letters and explanations -- the meanings you use need to fit the context you apply them to. Mercury and Node contacts often represent an exchange of ideas and opinions, making plans, talking with friends or associates. Just some ideas. Dave

Thank you Dave!!!! :heart:

South Node.. :) I will get it all one of these days and just look out! :laugh:

My MC is in Cap conjuncting my sat & Jup but I will check the transits... since merc is so fast I am sure it will hit them possibly in the next few days but not while it is in RX according to your dates etc...

Exchange of ideas.... i had that today... and definitely got my point across - felt good. I haven't been understood by this person in awhile.... so this was a good break through. Thanks again Dave!! :heart:

OrbWeaver

I think making note of those dates is a great idea! Though I didn't realize the posting of said dates was done out of annoyance until I read the rest of this thread.

Anyway, dadsnook (Dave?)'s annoyance or no, I do agree that making notes of those dates and noting down anything unusual at the time is a good idea. Speculation IS fun, I admit, but we might get something more solid if we note down what happens. :)

Wonderwoman

Oh mi goodness..

I just realized that I am actually looking forward to this retrograde! My last retro wasnt too shabby, it brought some people back into my life (in good standing) I hope It does the same thing again! :)

dadsnook2000

Me and Mercury

** On Jan. 28, in a few days, Mercury will turn retrograde at 23-48 Aquarius. This will be in opposition to my natal Mars. My natal Mars and Mercury are in a "yod" pattern with Saturn -- Saturn in the 10th, Mars in the 3rd, Mercruy in the 5th. Whenever this pattern has been activated it always seems to tie in with some form of writing project. Since I'm in the re-write phase of a new astrology book on personal prediction, I'm sure that something will come to the front this weekend.

** On Feb. 18th, just 21 days later (a short retrograde period), Mercury will turn direct at 8-23 Aquarius -- where it passed on Jan. 13th. This is square my natal Uranus in Taurus, in the natal 11th. I'm not sure that this will be anything big for me as Mercury and Uranus are not involved in any natal mutual pattern.

** On March 10th, Mercury will pass the point where it turned retrograde. If there was anything that came up relative to writing on/around the 28th, then I'd expect that issue to resolve itself and move to a conclusion on this date.

Just some thoughts on how to look at this retro period for Mercury. Dave