Astrology Study Group- Part 2

214red

lilangel09 said:
I'd also like to participate. :) Eagerly waiting for the 30th!
am blonde, i meant the 26th this week, i am typing things up as we speak

le.jour.obscurcit

214red said:
am blonde, i meant the 26th this week, i am typing things up as we speak

Is there anything that I could lend a hand on? I would love to take a part in this.

214red

le.jour.obscurcit said:
Is there anything that I could lend a hand on? I would love to take a part in this.
any help appriciated!
At the moment we have the general post up about houses, perhaps you can lend a hand in the discussion to start off with

le.jour.obscurcit

214red said:
any help appriciated!
At the moment we have the general post up about houses, perhaps you can lend a hand in the discussion to start off with

What sort of stuff should I say?

214red

le.jour.obscurcit said:
What sort of stuff should I say?
anything you can add is appriciated, if not then the next subject is coming up soon :)

le.jour.obscurcit

214red said:
anything you can add is appriciated, if not then the next subject is coming up soon :)

What subject will that be?

214red

i havent forgotton about posting the next installment which is Mars and Venus, however i wanted shake up the format of the group a little bit. i dont know why but i dont think at the moment it is being as affective as it could be, and perhaps were not learning enough, this is likely the way i have posted things. this is likely because i am not an expert.

so i have a few ideas, one of the ideas is to start off with is to post a quiz so we can get to know our signs in various houses a bit more, and have a bit mopre fun, this might make it a bit more interactive.

i am looking to post something later this week, if in the meantime you have any ideas on how to improve the group, let me know
Nik

dadsnook2000

Change of format?

For 214red,
I can understand the feeling that things could be a bit different and better help everyone to learn and grow. Any teacher always has those thoughts in mind.

** Combining signs and houses could be difficult (12 x 12 = 144 combinations). Or at least hard to keep track of as every posts different combinations of thier own without discussing or questioning the posts of others.

** Joining Venus and Mars into the format can also be a big issue to deal with as two planets, 5 or 6 six aspects, and 12 houses adds up to a large number of variations.

** An observation that I could make, but have no good suggestion as to how to counteract the problem, is that everyone posts their example but seldom responds to or criticizes the posts of others. It seems that discussion is a missing ingrediant. That can only be accomplished, it seems to me, by posting one narrow example every other day or one a day, giving list members only a short time to respond to that example. Since some list members won't make any inputs (because it doesn't apply to them), the whole process will move quite fast despite the larger number of posts. Can you work that into your schedule?

** A method that I used when I initiated the Planet Series of postings was to make a large and detailed initial statement and then let anyone respond to it. In your case, that would involve (as an example) making a delineation for Mercury being in each house and in each sign --- 24 statements or only 12 statements if you kept to the original format of a planet in a house. Then list members could both respond to what you wrote, note their chart as an example, or ask questions. This is one practical approach. Dave