Did you ever succeed at using the Psycards?

MareSaturni

As a divination tool, I mean.

Not for psychological work. I know many people use the Psycards for that, and that it is one of the purposes of the deck, but I want to know divination-wise.

I really like the deck and book that comes with it. The art is very beautiful, the cards have a good cardstock and the perfect size. But try as I may, I can never get any real answer from the cards, even when using the spreads from the book. It is as if I had a bunch of nouns put together, but no verbs to connect them or tell their purpose... the readings end up being extremely general, or just guesswork...

I'd like to know if other have had this same problem, and how did you solve it (or not).

Thank you so much! :)

Le Fanu

Yeah.. I never got very far with them but bought them very cheap off ebay so don't feel too bad. I don't have the book and wonder whether that's why.

They exude randomness. Like you say, a series of nouns and no verbs. Plus I think there are Yes and No cards aren't there? So you get a "tell me what I need to know about my job interview".

Answer; yes.

It's a problem with a lot of Oracles. That's why I never really get very far with them (I don't consider Lenormands, Sibillas or Playing Cards as Oracles, not even Ana Cortez') Funny, but tarot always has something to say. So often Oracles just don't have the right cards for the job.

Debra

Same experience. Tried twice. The book doesn't help. My solution, both times, was to give up and get rid of the deck. Last one became bookmarks.

aranarose

I've had some success with it in divination. I do have one of the books that were written for it, which does help to understand it more in divination. For instance, Yes also means, "Go for it. Proceed as planned." So in regards to the job interview question, it would be sort of a "Keep going, you're on the right track. What you already had planned is the way to go." No also means to stop and rethink things, what are you missing.

It's also eerily, and sometimes irritatingly, accurate when it comes to yes/no questions.

ETA: One way of reading the cards is an 8x5 square. The present is wherever The Inquirer cards lands, and you interpret based on the surrounding cards, what cards are next to each other, etc.

emmsma

I never had the book for it and try as I might, I could not read with them.

Shame as the images and cardstock were nice enough. I WANTED to be able to read with them, but just never could.

Adjustment

I have used psycards for divination, i draw 3 or 5 cards in a row and thay have been very accurate. Sometimes i draw only one card for a simple question and they have been dead on. I do have 2 different books for this cards and i consult both of them if i don't get the answer by looking at the cards.

MareSaturni

Thank you everyone for the answers and the suggestions! :)

Yeah.. I never got very far with them but bought them very cheap off ebay so don't feel too bad. I don't have the book and wonder whether that's why.

They exude randomness. Like you say, a series of nouns and no verbs.

I have the book and altough it is interesting, it did not help me to get any insights from the cards. It's way too focused on psychological work, in my humble opinion.

Same experience. Tried twice. The book doesn't help. My solution, both times, was to give up and get rid of the deck. Last one became bookmarks.

You know, I'm considering doing the same thing - getting rid of the deck, perhaps even giving it away. The problem is that I really like the art, the cardstock and the whole idea behind the deck. But the cards are random and pretty useless to me when it comes to divination. :( I do not need a deck solely for 'psychological work'.

I never had the book for it and try as I might, I could not read with them.

Shame as the images and cardstock were nice enough. I WANTED to be able to read with them, but just never could.

I didn't find the book all that helpful, to be honest. Like I said, it seems too fucused on psychology and is basically teaches you to use the cards like a puzzle to better understand and/or work with a certain psychological situation. The cards don't really create an 'atmosphere' together, they really just look like words put one after the other, and the book that I have doesn't give any ways to see beyond that.

I've had some success with it in divination. I do have one of the books that were written for it, which does help to understand it more in divination. For instance, Yes also means, "Go for it. Proceed as planned." So in regards to the job interview question, it would be sort of a "Keep going, you're on the right track. What you already had planned is the way to go." No also means to stop and rethink things, what are you missing.

It's also eerily, and sometimes irritatingly, accurate when it comes to yes/no questions.

ETA: One way of reading the cards is an 8x5 square. The present is wherever The Inquirer cards lands, and you interpret based on the surrounding cards, what cards are next to each other, etc.

I have used psycards for divination, i draw 3 or 5 cards in a row and thay have been very accurate. Sometimes i draw only one card for a simple question and they have been dead on. I do have 2 different books for this cards and i consult both of them if i don't get the answer by looking at the cards.

Hey Aranarose & Adjustment! It's nice to see dissidents. ;)

Thank you for the suggestions on how to use the cards. I may try them before giving up completely. I honestly found the book that I have pretty useless divination-wise. It's good to meditate about inner matters, but not very good for seeing the most likely development of a situatio,n or which influences are working around you... so for me, it feelsw like a limited deck.

I tried to use the yes/no cards as 'reinforcers', just like you suggested, but I didn't think it added much insight on the reading. The problem for me is that I often feel like I'm doing guess work with these cards.... maybe I just don't know how to use them.

If anyone has more experiences to share, please do so!
Thank you!

Bernice

Hi Marina,

I like the artwork too :). Not happy with the psycho approach.

I tried a reading with this: "How will Marina progress with these cards?"

~ 2 cards: Where you're (Marina) at. This is how things are standing, the point that has been reached. MOTHER + TOWER

Mother: Going through all the usual motions that involve handling or maintaining something you care for. A 'domestic' approach.
Tower: Going it alone.

*You've tried all the usual variety of approaches with this deck.

~ 2 cards: Current/immediate matters - this is changable /mallable. FRIENDSHIP + DEATH.

Friendship: All contacts. Friends, acquaintances, neighbours, etc.
Death: The close of something. (Letting go or giving up).

*You're reaching out to involve all other persons you are aware of. If it doesn't work you're prepared to drop this approach.

~ 2 cards: How things MIGHT develope if you continue on from the previous 2 cards. FATHER + INQUIRER

Father: Teaching, guiding. Introduction to the world at large, by someone (or something) who has experience. Non-domestic.
Inquirer (Marina): Person who wants to know something. One who makes enquiries.

*Looks as if someone (or books, info, etc.) will turn up and start providing answers to any questions you may have

Note: if these last 2 cards had been the other way around, "Inquirer + Father", I think they probably would mean that you (inquirer) would actively search for a mentor.

Bee :)

214red

i didnt like them when i first started in tarot, but now working with the lenormand and symbolism these now work for me, i like the proper book, the LWB was not enough for me.

I like the yes/no/never cards sometimes they simply say what you do or dont want to hear. I cant understand when i pull a daily draw and it comes out with the YES card, not sure what it means?

They do link with psychology which is useful for counselling, and they are useful for getting the person to show how they see themselves or a sitation.

i find the combinations perplexing sometimes but they often come clear later. not a fan of the puzzle card though. I have tried the one with all the cards a bit like the lenormand GT, am trying to struggle through that at the moment

Debra

The cards don't really create an 'atmosphere' together, they really just look like words put one after the other, and the book that I have doesn't give any ways to see beyond that.

That's it exactly. The only way I could get anywhere was to try correlating the cards with tarot majors. It almost works--but for me, almost wasn't close enough :laugh: