The Tarot of Bones: A Natural History Themed Deck

LupaGreenwolf

Well, here's the thing--even if the IndieGoGo is fully funded, it still won't cover the entire printing and shipping cost, so if it *isn't* fully funded it just means I pay a higher percentage fee on what I do get.

But I planned for that! This is not my only source of funding for the project, and whether it ends up being "fully funded" or not, the Tarot of Bones is still happening. Mainly this is a way to ease the strain on my other finances and offer people a chance to pre-order the set in an organized fashion. I am still planning to release the set later this year; you can see my production schedule at www.thetarotofbones.com/production-schedule/

LupaGreenwolf

Hey, everyone! We’re getting close to the halfway point on the Tarot of Bones Spring 2016 IndieGoGo Campaign--and we’re ALSO almost halfway funded! Head on over here to reserve your copy of the Tarot of Bones deck and book, along with a bunch of other awesome perks: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-tarot-of-bones-2016-campaign/x/9997962#/

Last week I had SIX individual plane flights, so I took the opportunity to work on the Tarot of Bones book edits. My editor helped make it an even better book, , and I’m really excited that I’ll be able to offer you all this valuable resource in working with the Tarot of Bones deck. I’m planning to ramp up my efforts on the project in general in April as I’ll have a LOT less travel than I have the past two months, and I’ll keep y’all posted!

LupaGreenwolf

Hi again, folks! Just wanted to give you a quick update.

The photographers I'm working with to take pics of the assemblages for the cards will be working with me the weekend of April 23-24. That's *right* after I move my studio to a new location on the Washington coast, so they'll be able to use the empty room in our Portland apartment for the photos. Once I have the image files in hand I can start laying out the files for the printer, add the text, etc.

My *hope* is that I can have the files sent off the first week of June. However, I just mentioned that I'm moving a large portion of my stuff to the next state over, so that's going to take a lot of time and effort. I'll keep you all apprised of my progress in that regard, same goes for progress on the Tarot of Bones companion book.*

Thank you again, and let me know if you have any questions!

(P.S. The Tarot of Bones Spring 2016 IndieGoGo Campaign is live through April 30! You can back it at https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-tarot-of-bones-2016-campaign/x/9997962#/ )

LupaGreenwolf

Hi again! Just wanted to give a quick update!

This past weekend we got the photos for the Tarot of Bones done, and the photographer is now working on post-production. I'm really excited--she did a great job with them!

There are only FOUR DAYS LEFT on the Tarot of Bones IndieGoGo at https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-tarot-of-bones-2016-campaign/x/9997962#/--and we still have a thousand bucks left to hit the goal! If you’ve been thinking about backing it, now’s a great time to do so! As a reminder you can get the deck and book pre-ordered, as well as Tarot of Bones prints and t-shirts, a handmade leather pouch, even an original assemblage from the Tarot of Bones. And if we hit that $5000 goal I’ll be offering an exclusive online class on how to use the Tarot of Bones only for backers of this campaign.

Again, this is NOT my only form of funding to cover the printing costs; it'll just help me out some, and gives people an opportunity to preorder the set, which is due out later this summer. Thank you for your support :)

LupaGreenwolf

WE DID IT!!!!! As of noon on Saturday, April 30 we are at $5,312! HUMONGOUS ENORMOUS THANKS!!!!!

But it ain’t over til it’s over--you still have twelve hours, until the midnight that clicks us over into May 1, to get in on this IndieGoGo campaign and help cover printing costs for the Tarot of Bones deck and book! Head over to https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-tarot-of-bones-2016-campaign/x/9997962#/ before midnight tonight.

bonebeach

Augh, I missed this, just barely! That's what I get for not checking into this subforum.

Any chance of getting a deck later on? I really love this artwork.

LupaGreenwolf

Yep! Once the deck is out I'll have it for sale on my website and elsewhere.

bonebeach

Great! I'll definitely check back in more often this time. :)

LupaGreenwolf

Fabulous! Let me know if you have any further questions.

LupaGreenwolf

Hey, all! Sorry I haven't posted in a few months; just wanted to give you a quick update.

I've been working really hard the past few weeks to get the layout done on all the cards. At this point I have all but seven of the cards laid out; those seven cards need their photos redone, and I should be going up to Seattle in the next week or so to take them to my photographer. Additionally, in the process of laying out the cards I decided to change the art for the card backs, so I am creating an eightieth assemblage for just that purpose! Once those eight pieces have new photos and they've been processed, I can finish up the last of the cards! I also designed the tuck box the cards will be packaged in--there was something of a learning curve since it was a more complicated project and I don't have any graphic design training, but I'm really happy with the end result.

I still want to have the files sent off to the printer by the end of October, but I also need to allow my photographer to have time to edit the pics. I also have vending events the last weekend in October and first two weekends in November and will be VERY busy in between them, so I wanted to let you know there's a chance I may not get the files sent off til mid-November. However, they are one of my top priorities and I am really, really, really eager to get the files on their way.

And, as always, I'll keep you posted.