Majors significance?

TheProphet

For me the Majors are deeply rooted, in a person it is a part of who they are (not permanent, but would be hard to change). The minors are day to day happenings that are constantly changing. Both are important for we live day to day, where as the Majors are longer term tendencies. When a baby is born, it comes with a personality intact, that is their Major, their birth card. It can be changed, but takes a lot of energy and patience. A minor can cause joy or sorrow,but rarely changes who you fundamentally are. A major can do this, Tower is the best example, it rocks you to the core, tears down defenses and ego. It can fundamentally change you. There is no equivalent in the minors. Every major has it's own power/energy to change. The minors energy is to live through our daily lives. The Queen of cups is intuitive, but is not the High Priestess, the Queen dose not have the insight. The Queen of Pentacles is loving, but does not carry the unconditional love of the Empress. The queens cannot stand on their own, they need to have a mix of all the queens to be balanced and healthy. You are constantly changing from one queen to another (or any other minor). It makes us human. The Majors are archetypes, with a rigid core, unlike the minors.

They are very different from each other. Wish I could better explain how they effect my readings.

No, Pamuya, I think you explained it well! I'm glad I posted this thread, because I now have a much better understanding of the Majors and the differences between them and the Minors. I never really thought of the HP, Empress and the Queens like that, thanks for pointing that out!

IntuitiveTaurus

When I am doing a reading and I see mostly majors, to me it indicates that the querent has many things going on that fate & the universe are mainly in control of. The situations are occurring , or going to occur, with little to no action on their part.

How they react- well , that's another story....but for me Majors are karmic...