2 versions of same card in a deck?

deb13b

In this case I mean the Tarot of delphi, but it can apply to any deck that comes with 2 versions of the same card.
The tarot of delphi has 2 versions of the empress card. One is (it says) the empress as she was in the older tarot decks, as a strong female version of the emperor, commanding armies etc.
The other card is the empress as we see her in the newer decks, symbolising the fertile, nurturing mother.
The decks creator says to use one or both cards. I can't make my mind up!
What are your thoughts on this?

rwcarter

When there are alternate versions of cards included in decks, I leave them in as a particular reading may require one version of the card over the other and if I don't have that card in the deck, then the deck will have to find another card that isn't as perfect to use and I may not properly interpret that card.

deb13b

I think I might try leaving both cards in the deck, see how it goes.

SmokeyQuirks

I have 3 magicians in my Wyzard of Odd deck and I'm not sure why. All the majors are just pictures of altered smoke so.... it's kind of hard to glean differences from just the photos. And I haven't really seen a reason why for all three. I keep them in but... I don't know how they differ!