Three Swords as action

hulpster

What is your take on Three/Swords as action someone will take towards another? This card was clarified by Eight/Wands.

I interpreted it as communication. A discussion to release some painful truth. 8/Wands is usually my communication card (signifying an email) which I think validates communication.

However could you ever see these two cards to mean no action/no contact?

TheSixOfWands

It sounds like the action is likely to be an unpleasant one for at least one of the parties. Without knowing what the situation is, it's hard to say what it might be.

Starshower

Hello. I see the Swords in the suite of Air as sharp, analytical thoughts, ideas, plans etc.
For me most often, the 3s = 'first completion / achievement'. So the 3 of Swords and the Waite-Smith thrice-pierced heart signify the head breaking into the heart ... getting to the point ... cutting through to the 'heart' of the matter (puns intended) and emotional decisions based on reason.
So your cards could mean sharp, piercing mental analysis of the emotional heart of the matter. The 'action' could mean intellectual action of thinking about something emotional clearly & rationally. The 8 of Wands would emphasise the keen motivation & quick-thinking of these thoughts.
To address your question of whether these cards could ever mean no contact ... well, unlikely.
I, like you, see 8 of Wands as meaning communication or travel that is fast & energetic.
But possibly the analysis & mulling over stage may take longer than expected and so appear at first to be inactive. The subsequent swift movement could, of course, be towards or away from the present position.

mmdlite

I can't see this as anything other than physical action. Someone will send a text or email to get something off their chest.

Intotouch

I have seen the three of swords consistently represent a break up in relationship readings. Without exception actually. However, the people involved may try to work things out again at some point afterwards. The 8 of wands suggests a few things to me. Lots of messages, communication and passionate feelings. Sometimes with one person feeling overwhelmed or confused. Also an "up in the air" relationship, one without commitment or a likelihood of commitment and with that usually one party frustrated and distressed by this as they want more.I would see these two cards together signifying an unbalanced, unhappy relationship that will likely end soon. Sorry if this is worrying for you. I hope everything works out for the best.

PAMUYA

The action is intended to cause pain, it will be swift. Perhaps being cut off completely. The action is pain (3 of Swords), clarified by the 8 of Wands, it will be swift, could be by text.