Intensive Deck Study (IDS) Support Lounge ~ Part IV

zan_chan

thorhammer said:
*snort* Ah, gotcha :D (You posted somewhere about lying 99.99% of the time when you type LOL, and I'm the same . . . but your posts often make me LOL :D)

That was about past, closed off, fearful Zan. Now I am an Honest Thomas (that can't be an expression-- it doesnt even rhyme.)

But thanks everyone for agreeing to help with my email. I'm considering telling him straight off that I'm not planning to kill him and that I'm just a really big fan of his work. Germans are an open and straightforward sort of people, right? :eek:

emmsma

I don't know that I'd be quite that honest. "Hi I'm a big fan and have your address and unlisted phone number. I know where you had dinner last week and love you greatly. Don't worry I won't kill you."

Dunno. Just doesn't ring for me. :p

I think it is great that you are taking a stab at writing him. LOL.

Look forward to seeing your draft, when ready.

2_Journey

Quick note: While looking through my cards today, I was struck by the realization that the more I learn, the more I realize I have yet to learn.

Two years ago, I thought I had tarot down cold. Now I realize that I have so much more to learn. This was a surprisingly okay realizsation.

zan_chan

2_Journey said:
The more I learn, the more I realize I have yet to learn.

Can that be our group motto?

2_Journey

lol - That would be the perfect motto for our group! :p

SolSionnach

Holy cow. I miss reading this thread for 36 hours, and have 8 pages of profoundly thoughtful, wonderful posts to read! And I should've turned out the light 45 minutes ago!

I would've chimed in on the ancestor thing, then I read this:
Cat* said:
Wow, so many thoughtful responses! :love: I'll be back with my replies tomorrow (and will then also drop into the Ancestry thread Daisy Dragonfly has opened - thank you already!).
What? Where!! I wanna see!
Cat* said:
..."Note to self: When you're a bird of prey, you'll never make a convincing chicken. So stop trying to be something else and accept who you are. So there."
Uh HUH. No kidding.

Somehow I definitely do NOT see you as a chicken, Cat*.

Oh, and Zan - don't bring up the whole "gee, I'm not a stalker, really!" thing :D and make sure that you have some decent questions about the deck when you write him. I'm sure you'll get a nice reply. :)

Wendywu

zan_chan said:
Can that be our group motto?

Take a look at Mi-Shell's motto-thingy that goes below her user name....... and it strikes me afresh every time I see it :)

DaisyDragonfly

SolSionnach said:
Holy cow. I miss reading this thread for 36 hours, and have 8 pages of profoundly thoughtful, wonderful posts to read! And I should've turned out the light 45 minutes ago!

I would've chimed in on the ancestor thing, then I read this:What? Where!! I wanna see!Uh HUH. No kidding.

:D It's here, down in the Spirituality forum: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=131731

Already an interesting discussion has sprung up, and I'd love to have more input from people. I started it because of my own sense of perpetual confusion :bugeyed: and I love to read about people's experiences as well as their learning on a subject. So, please, feel free to jump in!

Zan: I love your potential first line :laugh: but I agree that maybe it's not quite the way to go.... ;)

As to the question of posting a Daily Draw here: I can see the attraction - in terms of the discipline it would exact - but I can also see the reservations. I never post my own readings; they're always private, and I don't think anybody would like to see me bleating on about my daily waffle. Plus, readers would get annoyed: they'd see the repeating patterns and be frustrated at why I don't see them or do anything about them.

On the other hand, it might make me stop vacillating...

Hmmm.

(I should point out that, a few months ago, I asked the Deviant Moon what my life's purpose was. I got the 2 of Swords. *sighs*).

Wendywu

DaisyDragonfly said:
I should point out that, a few months ago, I asked the Deviant Moon what my life's purpose was. I got the 2 of Swords. *sighs*.

I'm sorry Daisy but I absolutely cracked up when I read that :D

teomat

DaisyDragonfly said:
As to the question of posting a Daily Draw here: I can see the attraction - in terms of the discipline it would exact - but I can also see the reservations. I never post my own readings; they're always private, and I don't think anybody would like to see me bleating on about my daily waffle. Plus, readers would get annoyed: they'd see the repeating patterns and be frustrated at why I don't see them or do anything about them.
I totally understand this too. I'll have to tread a fine line as I continue posting my daily draws. On the one hand I don't want to talk in depth about my private life, but on the other hand if I don't relate the draws to my life they'll just sound vague and waffly.

What I'm actually intending to do is to make it my own personal study thread for my deck. I'll be posting my thoughts and the research I've done on each card, which might be a bit naughty as I guess these kind of things should really go in the deck study threads or the 78 week threads. But at the same time, I'm hoping to tie my research and thougts to my own daily situations.

I hope the mods don't mind this approach... :)