Intensive Deck Study (IDS) Support Lounge ~ Part IV

emmsma

I'm too fragile this week to partake in any of the wonderful conversations going on now - Shamanism, Ancestry...

I feel too hollow and too small to add my puny Half-thoughts to anywhere.

But they will be there when I'm whole again.

DaisyDragonfly

(((emmsma)))

If there's anything I can do...

Cat*

Here I am, trying to catch up with all the replies to my post about Ancestors and related issues. I won't quote everything or reply to everything, but please be assured that I still appreciate everything you people wrote, and all the stories you shared! I'll also split up my reply into several posts, so this won't be a huge block of text all at once.

Bat Chicken said:
Through their own mythology, it is clear that the Celts were not 'indiginous' to the British Isles, or even Europe but they strove to make it their own. The distinctness of culture today is taking a beating with globalization, so I don't think you are unique in your feelings! The question is how do we define ourselves now? What do we take, what do we leave behind?
Thank you for your thoughts! I'd have been surprised if I had been the only one who wonders about such things. It's just that it doesn't seem to be an issue for my friends here - at least we don't talk about it.

In fact, if we go back far enough, I don't think there is anyone currently alive whose Ancestors have not migrated at one point. It doesn't even take the crossing of national borders (which haven't existed for that long anyway, if you look at the large picture, nor have they been stable throughout time) to experience a cultural change. For example, my mother grew up in the south of Germany and moved to a different part of Germany when she married my father. I'm sure that it also was a change of culture (and landscape/weather!) for her. It's the same with me: I have moved further north than the place I grew up in. Something drew me there, and the landscape is part of that (as little as I see of it in my everyday life - but here we have seagulls in the city, which we didn't have in my childhood town, so I do notice it).

I also keep thinking of the earlier Greenwood-inspired discussion we had about the different Spirits of the Land We Live On and our ability or inability to relate to them and/or work with them (the respective posts are linked here. Now I'm thinking that maybe my current issue is less with my blood Ancestors and has more to do with my lack of a connection to the Spirits of the Land I live on (and obviously felt drawn to, or I wouldn't have moved here).

Bat Chicken said:
I think to a certain degree, it is also a longing for the past. We think of our ancestors as having more 'certainty', spiritually. Their lives were shorter, they had many more hardships. The more we strive for certainty physically in this century, the more elusive it is spiritually.
I believe you're right here: a lot of it is a longing for a past that seemed less confusing, not just spiritually. You knew who you were from the family you were born into. You didn't have a staggering amount of potential paths your life could take. There was much less social or physical mobility (compared to now), and I think people spent a lot less time wondering about who they were. I can see how that must have made some things a lot easier. Then again, it must have been much harder to do things differently, and there must have been much more pressure to conform. I mean, if my 'world' often feels restrictive to me now, I can't even imagine how unhappy I would have been if I had ended up in circumstances that were much more restrictive and unflexible than the ones I was born into (and currently live in). :bugeyed: So I guess the simplicity, clarity, and security also came with a price...

Bat Chicken said:
People are very territorial by nature and it is difficult to 'break in' to a tradition. In the end, the assembly of bits and piece through a desire for spiritual resonance with or without blood needs to come from inside. No tradition was always a tradition. Someone had to start it because it filled the needs of their people at the time.
As I'm reading this, I'm surprised by how difficult it is for me to get this when it comes to spirituality, when I have no problem at all understanding (and practicing!) this when it comes to all sorts of culture and human interaction. What makes me think I need any 'original' tradition? And what makes me think something like that even exists in the first place? I get it with music, and clothes, and literature, and relationship models, and sexuality, and whatever else - why do I think it's any different when it comes to spirituality?

In fact, I can answer a part of that question myself rightaway. I don't want to be someone who appropriates someone else's culture without a thorough understanding of what I'm taking/borrowing/quoting/sampling and what its meaning is in its 'original' context. I've had that happen with parts of what I consider 'my' culture (i.e. Western queer culture), so I have an idea of how bad it feels, especially when the 'power gaps' between the taker and the source are much bigger. I don't want to be like this.

Then again, most cultures have developed from taking things from each other, or giving things to each other, and not all of those givings/takings have been violent ones (think of trading...). I'm also a huge fan of combining things from different sources to make something new (examples could be music sampling or cover versions, collage art, parodies of literary styles/genres, fan fiction, patchwork sewing, etc.), so I'm totally NOT against mixing and matching in general. It's just that it becomes a tricky issue when power relations come into play, and I find myself on the side of the (historically) powerful ones (compared to the source of things I'd like to use). I don't think this will ever completely cease to be an issue for me, and I find it valuable to reflect on my own actions like that, but I still hope I can get better at knowing when I need to worry and when I don't.

Bat Chicken said:
No laughing here, only admiration for your courage in sharing this. It is good to know I am not alone too!

EDIT: Wanted to add some *HUGS*! :D
Thank you for calling me courageous, and also for the hugs! I don't feel very courageous myself, though, just in need of talking about this with people who might understand and maybe reply something useful (which has happened, and I'm very grateful to have a place like this where I can find people like you).

Cat*

zan_chan said:
How important is one's ancestry really? How much of a difference is there between genetic ancestry and the ancestry of your spiritual memory (if that's a thing)? Why was I drawn to live here in Japan? How long do you have to spend somewhere before you're more a member of your chosen society than the one you were born in, if ever?
Well, if ancestry was irrelevant, we'd probably not think about it so much. ;) But maybe this part of your post would better be answered in DaisyDragonfly's Ancestry thread, so I'll put my thoughts there.

zan_chan said:
I wonder:
To what degree is experience related to identity? And to what extent is a identity a question of how others view us, rather than how we view ourselves?
I believe that experience plays a huge part in identity, and I also believe that how others view us has a major impact of how we view ourselves. I don't mean that experience directly determines identity, though, but if I consider how often important experiences have changed an actual identity label I wear, I can't help but thinking there often is a relation (sometimes, of course, the realization is that your identity does NOT change with your experience, but that may still serve as a confirmation of said identity you otherwise wouldn't have had). The same is true for others' view of us and how our identity may change or not change in reaction to that.

zan_chan said:
But what does that make those of us, like myself, who are of mixed origin? I don't feel the least bit related to the countries of my grandparents or great-grandparents. (Living in Croatia would feel a lot more foreign than living in Japan does) Nor do I feel, growing up in NYC (not exactly the heartland of the USA) terribly American.
I'm thinking that context plays a huge role here. I usually don't think of myself as "a German." It's only when I am in international spaces (like AT) that I realize what about me might be "generally German." I also realize what things about me are "European," by comparing myself to (mostly) Americans and Australians. In German contexts, though, I identify much more with actual places/areas where I have lived (and therefore have a direct history) and/or feel drawn to. For example, my Germany is a lot different from, say, Aulruna's Germany (and in some regards it's very similar, too). Therefore, my location says "Northern Germany" rather than "Germany."

In a similar vein, you, Zan, may not be considered "Japanese" by someone Japanese even if you tried to completely adapt to the Japanese culture. In comparison to me, however, you'd probably seem very Japanese at times.

zan_chan said:
I can't help but make the connection that a lack of cultural identity probably plays a large part in why we choose decks like the Haindl or the Greenwood, etc., that question identity, and that force us to consider our cultural being.
For me, that certainly has been one of the reasons why I picked the Greenwood, even if that may have been a rather unconscious influence.

zan_chan said:
I'm also incredibly new to spirituality, and have been discussing just this topic with a few IDSers recently. I grew up in a household where I was taught that only the visibile is real. My parents are atheists to the extreme, so starting on this journey has been very difficult for me in the sense that I seem to be constantly fighting with myself to be able to believe in anything. Every sentence that comes out of me about spiritual matters seems to start with, "This is silly, but..." or "I don't actually believe this but what do you think about..."

But maybe its time to start learning how to drop those sentence starters and allow myself (ourselves!) to really believe in something.
I so know what you're talking about! While others have problems reconciling a heavily Christian upbringing with their interest in tarot, I constantly have to convince myself to suspend my disbelief. I'm still majorly skeptic of many of the experiences other people write about (not you, Mi-Shell! :love:). That doesn't mean that I believe those people are making things up (although I remain convinced that not everything that people write about spirituality - especially on the internet - is actually true), but it does mean that I often can't make up my mind whether to believe something or not. When I believe something "unbelievable", it's often because I consider someone trustworthy in general. And if I trust a person, I will take their most incredible stories about their most incredible experiences without a hint of doubt or disbelief. I'll also readily believe in things I've personally experienced/seen happen. I'm also trying to question my initial "bah, humbug!" reaction whenever I catch myself at it. I've become very willing to decide that I simply don't know enough about something to have an opinion about its truth. Other people usually don't need my doubt on top of everyone else's unless I have really good reasons to share any hesitations.

zan_chan said:
If nothing else, we should consider ourselves lucky to have found a group of people setting off on similar journeys to our own.
Oh yes! It's so incredibly good to have a place to talk about such things, no matter how silly one feels about them, or how incredible or outrageous they seem. Thank you, everyone, for being a part of this! :love:

ETA: I meant to put this in here, too:
zan_chan said:
But thanks everyone for agreeing to help with my email. I'm considering telling him straight off that I'm not planning to kill him and that I'm just a really big fan of his work. Germans are an open and straightforward sort of people, right? :eek:
You crack me up. :laugh: I'd be happy to be your German stalking-factor consultant, if you need one. For now, I agree with what others have said already: to get an email that starts with "I'm not out to kill you" doesn't sound like a very comforting experience...

Since it's legally required to put an actual address onto your professional website in Germany (which for people without extra business spaces usually means their home address), I don't think Mr Haindl would even be surprised to hear that you found his address. Just don't drop by unannounced, not even if you bring presents. ;) He also won't suspect you of being a crazy stalker just because you tell him you love his deck and are generally interested in his work and its influences. After all, he must have put up his professional website and published his email address on it for a reason!

Cat*

KafkasGhost said:
Cat* said:
It's a German idiom that means that there is one thing that runs through all the parts of something and connects them, even though it may not be immediately visible/obvious
How would you say this in German? I'll ask my sis if she's used it/heard it (she lives in Stuttgart). I'm a foreign language nerd, language nerd in general, and I love this!
You'd say something is or has a "roter Faden" (red thread). You can also say that you lost your red thread, like when you forgot what you wanted to get at in your talking. Or that something (like a resume or a novel) lacks a red thread (i.e. you can't see the connection between the parts). These are literal translations of what you'd say in German. Does that answer your question? Otherwise just PM me for clarification. :)
(By the way, my Beloved used to live in Stuttgart, too, but I've only been on the Autobahn near it.)

KafkasGhost said:
*right hand patting my chest, head bent, left hand palm out high in the air*
Can I get a witness?!
Now that's a cultural reference you'll have to explain to me. :) Where does it come from, and what does it mean?

KafkasGhost said:
We talk of a "connection" with our decks. How many and on what levels does this desire operate? The beauty of a deck captures my attention. Then I realize, on many decks, there are no people who look like me or remind me of my geneology/ethnology.

This raised awareness attracts me to decks that have a very universal appeal because that is important to me personally and I feel a deeper connection to it.
Now I'm wondering if that could be compared to the question of gender and sexuality in a deck... I have a hard time with decks that constantly set up gender as polar opposites, with men always in one narrowly defined role and women always in another (with the exception of the Housewives, which is so campy overall that I don't mind). I can't think of a particularly annoying example of this right now, but the World Spirit and the DruidCraft both show a nice variety of humans and thus work very well for me in this regard. If a deck has gender-neutral or gender-ambiguous illustrations (like the Greenwood has in large parts), that's a definite plus for me. While I can certainly read a male figure on a card as a female person in real life, or a heterosexual pairing on a card as a homosexual one in real life (and vice versa) - after all, that's what I do with much of the culture around me anyway! - sometimes I'd still like to see some more acknowledgement of human variety in my tarot decks (not just of gender and sexuality, but also of shapes, colors, and sizes). But that's a topic that has been discussed here on AT quite a few times already, so I won't go into more detail.

KafkasGhost said:
By not choosing a deck with these qualities, am I denying a part of myself? Maybe, maybe not, but these are the things I'm thinking about now. As I dive into a deck, do I find that it's not speaking to me on the very deepest level, while it does on a superficial level? Is it a reason for me to keep or lose the deck? Does my ultimate connection depend on a deck's ability to speak to me on every level or can I forgive it, be flexible, and not take the whole thing so darn seriously?

But then that is me not thinking critically. :bugeyed:
I don't think you are denying a part of yourself when you pick a deck that doesn't show people who look like you or seem to be from the same cultural/ethnic background. Do we deny our humanity when we read with animal or fairy decks? Do we deny that we live in the 21st century when we read with medieval or other historical decks, or even the RWS which is already 100 years old, too?

I also don't think that literally finding "people like you" in your deck's illustrations is a necessity for becoming a great reader. We have to learn the language of our decks, which sometimes may seem effortlessly easy, but which usually makes us stumble and doubt ourselves at one point or another, too. I don't believe in instant complete understanding of any deck. Very likely, your ability to read your deck is mostly a result of the time and effort you put into learning to read it. A certain kind of imagery or a connection to a spiritual or ethnic tradition you feel close to already may make that learning process easier, but you still can't skip the learning part if depth in understanding your deck is what you want. My two Euro cents, and your mileage may vary. :)

DaisyDragonfly said:
But I am interested that, for so many of us, our IDS is intertwining with our spiritual journeys.
Yes, as several others have also observed, the IDS seems to trigger all sorts of more general thoughts about our choice of decks, our habits of using them (or not), and our spirituality (if tarot is indeed spiritual to us). I think that's exactly why an IDS is such a rewarding process: you get to ask yourself a lot of important questions and hopefully find some answers to them as you go along. Even if your answer turns out to be a temporary one, or if it is a firm and definite "I don't know."

DaisyDragonfly said:
My Trees have given me one universal truth, which is my starting point; but they're Trees. They have one perspective. Wherever they are, whatever species of tree they are, they know only one thing: they need the earth beneath them and the cycle of the seasons around them, and that's it. There's no flavour to them - it's true Universality. It's the source of their depth and their profundity.
Just for the sake of playing Devil's advocate here: They are, however, all broadleaf trees, and they seem to grow in a landscape that looks European to me. I assume there are also parts of America that look similarly, but still: it's not a universal landscape at all, nor are they universal trees.

Which is not meant to take away the tiniest bit of your feeling that the Trees are universal. :)

Cat*

thorhammer said:
(On the subject of threads, Cat* - have you heard of a French singer/songwriter called Camille? She put out an album a few years ago called Le Fil - literally, The Thread, I'm told. It's underlain by a single note that runs through the entire album and links the songs. Sadly, I'm no French-speaker so I can't tell if there's a link in themes between the songs.)
Never heard of her, but I'll check her out - the concept sounds fascinating. Most of the French I learned at school is sadly forgotten, but maybe her lyrics are online so I can try and figure out some of them (or I'll ask my mother who is much better at French than I ever was).

thorhammer said:
Re: Daily spreads - shameless plug for my favourite daily spread.
I can highly recommend it, too! Predictive/morning daily spreads never worked for me, so I switched all my daily readings (if I do them) to the evenings and use that as an opportunity to reflect on my day. Makes a ton more sense to me!

Wendywu said:
Daisy - I'd forget it! I know I would... Once the day gets going at the office all I think about until I emerge, bleary eyed into the world is the mish-mash of accounts, research, and and transactions that form my working life. I don't even think about personal problems (it's great for really losing yourself in)...
I'm exactly the same! And yes, it's another reason to do the daily draws in the evenings.

Wendywu said:
Yep Kat, you can come visit the forge (which has been a working forge for centuries) - I'd love to have you along :D. I'll take piccies and everything....
Can I join the party? As a second-best alternative I'd love to see your pics, though. :)

yirabeth said:
I most definitely appreciate everyone that posts their thoughts and/or readings here..I'm a veritable babe in the woods, compared to you all, which is why I don't post much, but believe me I read! A lot! And I do believe joining the IDS has helped me develop in ways I couldn't do on my own because I am so new, and learning about symbolism, etc, all at the same time.
Oh, please do share your learning process with us! You never know who else may profit from it. Personally, I love to hear about all the different IDSs, even if I don't respond to all of them (my posts are huge enough as it is!)

Mi-Shell said:
I however found oracles and through making my own drum oracle and using it sucsessfully I found my way back to Tarot.
A drum oracle? I'm intrigued! How does that work?

DaisyDragonfly

Cat* said:
Even if your answer turns out to be a temporary one, or if it is a firm and definite "I don't know."

*Sighs* Or, 'I'm not sure'. Or, 'I knew more 15 years ago than I do now.' :(

It's all good, though. We build things up, they get torn down, we rebuild again. Guess where I am?

Just for the sake of playing Devil's advocate here: They are, however, all broadleaf trees, and they seem to grow in a landscape that looks European to me. I assume there are also parts of America that look similarly, but still: it's not a universal landscape at all, nor are they universal trees.

Which is not meant to take away the tiniest bit of your feeling that the Trees are universal. :)

Hurrah! I love a devil's advocate }) They are all northern hemisphere trees, that's for sure. To be honest, that's as far as I go. I'm rubbish at naming species and subspecies. I can identify fir trees (but not the specific kinds), and oak trees and, er... Oh, birch. And that's it.

Still. Wherever it is, a tree needs its roots and its soil. And I'm ignoring anything that grows in a desert, because it renders my argument void.

;)

You got what I meant, though. :) And, in that case, even with my statement about the universality of trees, I was answering my own questions about the significance of land. The only trees I know are the long-lasting, deep-rooted kind that you find in the British Isles. Even in London, we've got trees that are older than people; that sense of longevity and the attendant perspective influences my sense of them. And, consequently, what sort of message I would get from them.

Cat*

Wendywu said:
Cat* said:
To repeat my post from the Subscriber Competition thread: "Note to self: When you're a bird of prey, you'll never make a convincing chicken. So stop trying to be something else and accept who you are. So there."
That's a big realisation to come to Cat*. Understanding this and living life accordingly will bring a great deal more calm into your heart. A great way to start a new year :) (((Cat*)))
It's not like I haven't known this before... :rolleyes: But what counts is that I remembered it now and that I have made a decision to change my life accordingly. It is indeed a great way to start a new year. :)

SolSionnach said:
Somehow I definitely do NOT see you as a chicken, Cat*.
Thanks for the validation. :) I guess my realization is not as much of a surprise for anyone but me. (Just go and ask my Beloved who patiently sat with me through my confusion and waited until I arrived at the conclusion myself!)

Mi-Shell said:
Oh, man, something happened to me!
And it is absolutely crazzzzzzzy:
[...]
And as I was doing hat, the greens started to “swirrrrl and waver” and the Deer hoof prints started to move and run of the paper and ....
....I followed....
To find Chesca Potter!
It was strange....
I have no idea, what she looks like and how old she is
There is a tiny picture of her on her website if you'd like to look at one.

Mi-Shell said:
but her ex Guardian Animal is the Deer
As SolSionnach has already said over in the "Greenwood - what else" thread: Knowing that sure explains the enourmous presence of Deer in the Greenwood deck!

Mi-Shell said:
and that one , although discarded and neglected by her, KNEW where she was.....
It was a beautiful Critter: Huuuuuge antlers, tall, slin build and - FENMALE!
I immediately thought of the Queen of Arrows here. No matter that I read just yesterday that Reindeer are the only female Deer who have antlers - the Queen of Arrows still feels female to me (and not just because she's called a queen).

Mi-Shell said:
It all led to the outskirts of a small town in the central part of England...
I was not really able to see, just where that is, and have no idea about the lay of the land in England, but it is a cold grey morning there and snow on the ground....
Well, the absolute crazzzzzy thing is just as lightning fast as the Deer went there, It came back right here, to - AT!!!!!
And there were Deer tracks all over AT!
Mostly over all the Greenwood threads - Most of them the color was brown = brown tracks - where we sort of talked about the deck and about her. That felt like sort of her Energy, her “art work-tracks“.....
But not all of them were brown: Some were bright green! And some of the VERY recent ones most of all....
Green meant, that she was here!
They smelled like her too... She is an AT “visitor”, to check around, but not ever say anything.... The green tracks also went into a looooong dark tunnel that got narrower and narrower.... I think that is to were the past treads - the archives all the way to the beginning of AT and to the very first threads where the Greenwood is mentioned....
There it felt, as ifff she also said something - a few times only......asked a question, but never really participated.....
Back then, was she a member?
Not a subscriber.... there were no tracks there at all.
Crazzzzzzy also, that the tracks - the green ones for a while, 3 years ago or so followed one particular member here..... To sort of hear, what that lady had to say..... I wish I could tell you who.....
Chesca! Are you here?
Welcome to AT!
We mean you no harm!
Thank you for your magnificent artwork!
Thank you so much for sharing your journey/vision, Mi-Shell! :love:

I don't really know what else to say, other than: If you read this, Chesca, please accept my thanks for your wonderful artwork (and the writing that goes with it). I'm very happy to be able to look at it, work with it, and learn from it. :)

thorhammer said:
Mi-Shell - coming from almost anyone else, I'd scoff at that. But from you, after that encounter you had with the bees last year . . . that's really incredible.
I know what you mean, Kat (see my above post where I talk about my skepticism!). But indeed, from all I know about Mi-Shell, I have no reason at all to distrust her or dismiss what she experienced, no matter how incredible, unbelievable and crazy it may sound to some.

thorhammer said:
Wherever Chesca is, I do so hope that she has peace in her heart.
Me too.

KafkasGhost

Cat* said:
You'd say something is or has a "roter Faden" (red thread). You can also say that you lost your red thread, like when you forgot what you wanted to get at in your talking. Or that something (like a resume or a novel) lacks a red thread (i.e. you can't see the connection between the parts). These are literal translations of what you'd say in German. Does that answer your question? Otherwise just PM me for clarification. :)
(By the way, my Beloved used to live in Stuttgart, too, but I've only been on the Autobahn near it.)
Thank you, this works!

Cat* said:
Now that's a cultural reference you'll have to explain to me. :) Where does it come from, and what does it mean?

"Can I Get a Witness" was a song written and performed by Martin Gaye, very gospel influenced, akin to "AY-MEN!". If one was to go to a baptist church in the south (of the U.S.) you might see folks doing this gesture.

Cat* said:
Now I'm wondering if that could be compared to the question of gender and sexuality in a deck... I have a hard time with decks that constantly set up gender as polar opposites, with men always in one narrowly defined role and women always in another (with the exception of the Housewives, which is so campy overall that I don't mind). I can't think of a particularly annoying example of this right now, but the World Spirit and the DruidCraft both show a nice variety of humans and thus work very well for me in this regard. If a deck has gender-neutral or gender-ambiguous illustrations (like the Greenwood has in large parts), that's a definite plus for me. While I can certainly read a male figure on a card as a female person in real life, or a heterosexual pairing on a card as a homosexual one in real life (and vice versa) - after all, that's what I do with much of the culture around me anyway! - sometimes I'd still like to see some more acknowledgement of human variety in my tarot decks (not just of gender and sexuality, but also of shapes, colors, and sizes). But that's a topic that has been discussed here on AT quite a few times already, so I won't go into more detail.

Oh most certainly: ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, spiritual path, etc. I think the proliferation of decks which have a wider appeal and themes is evidence that there is a demand and a conscientiousness about it. I won't reinvent The Wheel but it is definitely something to think about when selecting decks or getting a feel for a deck.

Cat* said:
I don't think you are denying a part of yourself when you pick a deck that doesn't show people who look like you or seem to be from the same cultural/ethnic background. Do we deny our humanity when we read with animal or fairy decks? Do we deny that we live in the 21st century when we read with medieval or other historical decks, or even the RWS which is already 100 years old, too?

I also don't think that literally finding "people like you" in your deck's illustrations is a necessity for becoming a great reader. We have to learn the language of our decks, which sometimes may seem effortlessly easy, but which usually makes us stumble and doubt ourselves at one point or another, too. I don't believe in instant complete understanding of any deck. Very likely, your ability to read your deck is mostly a result of the time and effort you put into learning to read it. A certain kind of imagery or a connection to a spiritual or ethnic tradition you feel close to already may make that learning process easier, but you still can't skip the learning part if depth in understanding your deck is what you want. My two Euro cents, and your mileage may vary. :)

No, I understand you, this makes total sense. I am not likely to stand in the aisle at the bookstore and pontificate if the deck is an "affirmative action" deck or whatnot. Anyways, I just thin slice (Malcolm Gladwell fan here) when I'm selecting but I think about my criteria more before I start virtual shopping for decks, and then I thin slice when I decide to buy it or not.

Cat* said:
Yes, as several others have also observed, the IDS seems to trigger all sorts of more general thoughts about our choice of decks, our habits of using them (or not), and our spirituality (if tarot is indeed spiritual to us). I think that's exactly why an IDS is such a rewarding process: you get to ask yourself a lot of important questions and hopefully find some answers to them as you go along. Even if your answer turns out to be a temporary one, or if it is a firm and definite "I don't know."

I know this was to DaisyDragonfly's comment but this is exactly what's been happening to me and for that I do thank the IDS process. Can I get another witness... :D

hunter

I've been "cheating" a bit with an oracle deck, but definitely spending time with my Zerner-Farber today too.

I've had a med change and am definitely going into severe sleep deprivation. And my IBS(severe stomach pains) is totally out of control. Stayed home all day connected to a heating pad. So lots of time on the computer and with my cards. Plenty of time to share the love with more than one deck.

I had a couple so, so readings with the ZF, over the past few days, but today they were right back on target. They decided to perform, I guess, when they saw the competition :)

My table sure did look funny with my purple new age tarots, mixed up with my Native American oracle decks.