Intensive Deck Study (IDS) Support Lounge ~ Part IV

nicky

thorhammer said:
Oh . . . it's so not! *shakes head*

There are Three. And never the twain shall meet ;) SRSLY, don't even get the historical types started. I have, on occasion, ventured in there in a bid to learn about reading pips . . . and yes, barely come out intact. It's just . . . another world. And I thought I was brave, facing down the Thoth forum!

(Nicky, you out there? :D)

\m/ Kat

LOL! Just saw this.

The Thothies scared the pants off me at first ...then I realized that they like ya pantless over there..

The historians wouldn't notice if I was scared pantless....they have their heads buried in reams of manuscripts and woodcuts...

DD don't let em get to you... I just kept plugging away for myself and those that rolled eyes ignored me and those that didn't I consider pallies.

You may be posting something someone else wants to and is too intimidated.

hang in there :)

PS- I am beginning to like the TdM.

thorhammer

nicky said:
LOL! Just saw this.

The Thothies scared the pants off me at first
LOL yeah, me too :D Now I reckon I'm pretty much one of 'em, and wonder if I scare anyone . . . })
PS- I am beginning to like the TdM.
I am most righteously glad to hear it :)

\m/ Kat

Wendywu

thorhammer said:
Remember, too, that the inherent culture of AT is variety, the more the better, and the IDS, by its very nature, flies in the face of that.

This is so very true. There are some extremely dangerous places on this forum - such as Decks and Trading... Thankfully I only peep in Trading now and again these days, and I can drift around in Decks and whilst I may succumb and buy decks I can hand on heart state I don't use them. Mind you, I've come to realise also that having all these decks that I don't use and know that I wouldn't use even if I weren't IDS-ing, is terribly sad.

I would never dream of parting with a lot of my decks but I think the ones I know I won't use could, for their own sakes, jump ship.

Like Solsionnach I have realised that I spend far too much time on AT that I could usefully devote to other studies. I shall be making a very real effort in that direction over the next few weeks .....

For those who are tempted to change deck I can only say that my experience is to hang on in there - the urge to move on passes, and gets less intense and less frequent. And your relationship with your chosen IDS deck deepens after every such episode because by re-affirming your intention to stick with the deck it feels almost like another layer of meaning and interest is unwrapped for you.

But then again - if you've tried and tried and are getting nowhere fast (other than deeper in the sticky mud of frustration with no lifeline in sight) - well this isn't supposed to be form of self-flagellation and in those circumstances ......

emmsma

I've been doing daily draws using this week's ISG exercise:

Pull ONE card and without looking, lay it face down in front of you. When you are ENTIRELY ready, turn it over and note the FIRST ITEM in the image that strikes you.

Become that thing. It could be a blade of grass, a cloud, a bird, a wall – whatever. Get into the card and look out from its point of view. Describe the card in as much detail as possible from the point of view of that thing – what can you see, what in the card impedes your view, what can you hear, smell, touch - how do you feel – happy, threatened – anything. What in the card do you (as that thing) like; what bugs you ? – put down absolutely everything that comes to mind.

I've been seeing wonderous things. I wasn't sure what it would be like, but I feel its really allowing me to get closer on another level.

Debating opening a thread for myself, as some of you have done. Just not sure I can keep the routine up. I tend to do something for awhile but once something gets in the way a time or two, I just never go back.

DOn't want this to be that way, so I just journal it in my little Marble Notebook.

Its just so moving, I thought I'd share.

Wendywu

emmsma said:
I've been doing daily draws using this week's ISG exercise:

I've been seeing wonderous things. I wasn't sure what it would be like, but I feel its really allowing me to get closer on another level.

Debating opening a thread for myself, as some of you have done. Just not sure I can keep the routine up. I tend to do something for awhile but once something gets in the way a time or two, I just never go back.

DOn't want this to be that way, so I just journal it in my little Marble Notebook.

Its just so moving, I thought I'd share.

That's a really good way to look at the cards. I'll print that bit out and stick it in my notebook. Thanks :)

DaisyDragonfly

Yes, it looks like a wonderful exercise. Thanks, emmsma :)

hunter

Emmsma, Thanks! I REALLY like that exercise!

Thorhammer, please take me off the IDS list. I plan to continue intensively studying my deck and keeping all my goals...almost always do...but I don't want to be accountable. I'm way too sleep deprived and confused because of it, to make accountability a priority, right now.

Intensive doesn't mean exclusive to me. But I think it does to others, so I get caught up in trying to do that sometimes...which just isn't really a goal of MINE.

I need to self-soothe with my ZF, but also ground by celebrating the seasons and studying nature/shamanism/ancestry with other decks. There is a huge overlap with grounding and self-soothing, but they really are not the same thing. Hence how I ended up with 2 very different altars. I'm realizing I end out needing different cards to do both too.

My priority is to self-soothe and ground, not be exclusive to one set of cards. So even though I intensively use the ZF to reach part of my priority, it isn't THE priority to do anything with the ZF, I've realized.

thorhammer

emmsma, that was a really good exercise, wasn't it? I enjoyed it muchly :) and I thought I'd find it hard or something I couldn't do. Not that I think it was all that useful to my partner, but it was fun for me :D

hunter, thanks for that. Good luck with your meds.

\m/ Kat

zan_chan

thorhammer said:
But then, I'm hardcore :D and unapologetic for it.
Love it :)

thorhammer said:
Now I reckon I'm pretty much one of 'em, and wonder if I scare anyone . . . })
Constantly... :eek:

zan_chan

"On the other hand I have yet to meet a man so wise that he would not gladly know what guidance this story requires, what edification it brings. The tale never loses heart, but flees and pursues, turns tail and wheels to the attack and doles out blame and praise. The man who follows all these vicissitudes and neither sits too long nor goes astray and otherwise knows where he stands has been well served by mother wit." -von Eschenbach, "Parzival"

This comes from the opening chapter of Parsifal's story and the quest for the grail, but seemed, to me, to relate to all that is tarot as well. It's been whirling around in my mind this week, so I thought I would share.

Also ~~

Don't forget to sign up for next week's IDS Exchange, HERE!