The Primary Deck Reflections 2010 (both threads)

Madame Squee

Hi Allan,

May I join?

In the interest of full disclosure, I need to let you know that I'm a serial failure at IDS... :bugeyed:

If you'll take me in, though, I'd like to make the Norse Tarot my primary deck.

Having recently taken up runes, I've developed a renewed interest in reading with it, and I'd like to stick with it this year (along with my runes) and perhaps add another primary as time goes by.

I've read the guidelines in the first post, and I'll use this thread and the "Your Readings" forum for sharing personal insights into my deck(s), and although I want to take a stab at blogging, too, I just want to take a bit of time and see what everyone else doing in their blogs before I jump off the deep end. :D

Thanks for this great thread!

Peace. :)

KafkasGhost

I may have to withdraw from my PDR endeavor (explanation in my blog) but I will confirm as February rolls around. I like it here, it's quite calm. :D

Onyx

The Red Queen said:
Hi Allan,

May I join?

In the interest of full disclosure, I need to let you know that I'm a serial failure at IDS... :bugeyed:

If you'll take me in, though, I'd like to make the Norse Tarot my primary deck.

Having recently taken up runes, I've developed a renewed interest in reading with it, and I'd like to stick with it this year (along with my runes) and perhaps add another primary as time goes by.

I've read the guidelines in the first post, and I'll use this thread and the "Your Readings" forum for sharing personal insights into my deck(s), and although I want to take a stab at blogging, too, I just want to take a bit of time and see what everyone else doing in their blogs before I jump off the deep end. :D

Thanks for this great thread!

Peace. :)

It will be great to have you along for the journey. I have added you and your deck to the list. Looking forward to hearing how you are able to work with the runes as part of the process.

chickandegg said:
Today I chose the Fairy Tale Tarot for my PDR. My PDR blog is here, if anyone's interested: http://fairytaletarot.blogspot.com/

This is gonna be fun! :)

Good to have you along. I think that a narrative deck would be a perfect for something like this exercise. It gives you a chance to engage the deck and the stories that come along with it. It is fun! Enjoy it.

KafkasGhost said:
I may have to withdraw from my PDR endeavor (explanation in my blog) but I will confirm as February rolls around. I like it here, it's quite calm. :D

One thing that has been coming to mind this week is just how this exercise is not like a lot of others. It doesn't have any expectations other than you use the cards when you can for yourself. I think that we can get so caught up in activities and studies that we think that to be successful we have to be doing something thing. I found that last year there were times when I didn't have it in me to do anything but when I was I grabbed the same deck.

Take it easy on yourself and give yourself time to find your own pace and rountine. Also there is a lot that can be added to the PDR but by keeping it simple is one way to get to the end too. If it looks to be too much then you can just take a break. It is my hope that everyone comes to the end of the year still using the Tarot to understand yourself better you will complete the exercise.

Keep up the good work.

Allan

KafkasGhost

Since you put it that way, Allan...

I really do like the energy here, it is different than the other threads, for reasons I can't quite put my finger on. I feel a bit more centered here, less intimidated perhaps.

My study plan just got more ambitious in many ways but I'm also giving myself more leeway, if that makes sense.

Let me ponder this further. I may be able to come to an agreement with myself that allows me to take it easy but still focus on the experience and learning.

The Guided Hermit

Good morning folks!

My morning cards are up on my blog and along with my IDS card--The Hierophant.

Viva the Via!

Paul

firecatpickles

Great! Going there now...

My week's reading is posted, as well :D

cherylleebest

first blog post for 2010

Hi everyone!

I've just posted my first PDR blog entry for the year: Current Priorities.
Quality time devoted to personal reflection and development is one of them, it appears!

I've certainly done that, today, so well done me. Just got to keep it up for a year is all!

With love

Cheryl xxx

Gazel

Second reading with two cards is posted. The funny thing, and what I expected, is that there is lot of stuff in "only" two cards.

inanna_tarot

I ended up doing a horseshoe spread tonight with my DPO on the blog rather than the situation/challenge one.

and part of my reading was to not do any readings for myrself for the rest of the week!!!!

Bloody hell. I hope I can sit on my hands and not read.

Mind you, I might be so wiped from nights I might not get chance to miss it LOL.