The Primary Deck Reflections 2010 (both threads)

Onyx

The private work aspect of the PDR is, I think, the greatest promise of the exercise. By taking the time to consciously study what has happened and what is taking shape in our life we can gain some good information.

I really recommend undergoing a structured approach to the PDR. I have raved about Tarot Shadow work enough but something similar to that would be good too. There are other books and programs out there to help us work using the cards to come to a more reflective understanding of ourselves.

Keep up the good work and I look forward to hearing more good reports.

Onyx.

Chiska

Hi! I posted my little bit on the Priestess. T

The Guided Hermit

Good morning!

The daily is up and posted. Time for that all important first cup of tea and then it's a day to get ready for the garage sale on Saturday....

shiresun

New To The Group

Greetings all!

Very new person here :) I've been haunting the halls of the 'Learning' link and the Decks area, along with occasional visits to threads around town, since I joined AT in February. I will be opening my gift of The Robin Wood Tarot Deck (along with her book) this Saturday (April 3). I am excited to finally be starting this journey of self-discovery through Tarot, and from the most excellent explanation which Onyx gave me, I believe this is the perfect thread for beginning my studies.

I look forward to meeting everyone as I dive in.

While I've actually owned one other Tarot deck, but did not work with it to any extent, and it is packed away with other household belongings after our move, I'm, perhaps, very much like the Fool, beginning an adventure. My goal for this lies specifically in the spiritual work realm.

I know that I will look to all of you, who have many years of experience, for some guidence in shaping my plan. As you can see in my profile, I do own a couple of oracle decks with which I've worked over the years.

Peace

Shire

Onyx

Hello all!

I am updating a couple of things here. First I have switched PDR decks. It was a shock to me too but I am going to be using the Sacred Rose Tarot for a bit. I need a deck with people in it for a change.

Second I just thought I would let ya'll know that between April 10-16 I will be out of town for a week long work training session. Also I will be gone April 22 - 27 for Reader's Studio. I may have a lap top by the time I head for RS10 but not next week so I will be out of touch.

Onyx.

BlueDragonfly

First, I finally posted an entry. My weekend got bogged down with 'other' life, so not much tarot-wise was accomplished. I still need to catch up with everyone, though.

Secondly, Welcome to our group, Shiresun! The PDR is a wonderful structure for working with one deck for self-development. I'm looking forward to your explorations with the Robin Wood-a deck I don't own or know much about.

Onyx, don't you worry about us while you're away...we won't get into too much trouble.... })

Have a great April 1st, everyone!

The Guided Hermit

Welcome shiresun and Happy April 1st everyone!

The daily is posted and its almost time to get my boy up for breakfast. Here's to a day of fun and foolery!

KafkasGhost

Good for you, Onyx! I'm jealous [in a good way] that you'll be going to the Reader's Studio. I will actually be in the States but styling a wedding that weekend, so I will not make it this year. :(

Please change my deck to **Universal Fantasy.**

"Reunited/And it feels so good..." :p

Cheesy 80s music aside, I needed something familiar during this whirlwind period. My first 2 readings with it since yesterday have been very grounding so I will be using it again for awhile. I hope to post at some point...

~KG

shiresun

Thank you for the kind welcome :)

I have today and tomorrow to wait until I will meet my deck. I note that there is reference to postings for readings, which, if I'm thinking right, is in the 'Your Readings' thread. When I looked at the information, it did say that it was for more than single card readings, and since I'm so new, and will be concentrating on working with each card separately as I learn about the deck, will my journal entries serve as the 'postings' part of PDR?

Any suggestions on how to go about this is greatly appreciated.

Shire

The Guided Hermit

Hi Shiresun,

As long as you put your deck to use, you're PDRing.

If you have a blog, you can also post there too as part of the PDR.