The Gravenchase Lenormand

blue_fusion

Looking at this some more, I think you might not need to reduce the background texture too much if you leave more white space between the symbol and the background. Kinda like a white outline around the symbol.

I think that would set the symbol off nicely, while retaining the textured feel.

Thanks! I'll try do do some more work on the deck this weekend. :)

blue_fusion

Just updating this thread. The project's theme has veered slightly away from its original "engraved" look. The new artworks will still have engraved touches but will also be inspired by illuminated manusctipts, and maybe some other stuff I find interesting along the way.

This is still a work-in-progress, and I'm still trying to make the text pop out more - especially for the red text. I wanted cards which are also playable, so in lieu of card inserts, I included playing card indices instead. I might just put the card title on a scroll, if I can't find a way to make it pop out even more. the numbers on the upper right and lower left correspond to the card's Lenormand number.

I'm thinking of either including the unused cards as playing cards or make new cards as an expansion of the 36 original ones, or I dunno yet...

Would love to hear/read your feedback regarding the project.

Thanks.

Ly

Attachments

• RIDERSAMPLE.jpg
    RIDERSAMPLE.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 744

avalonian

Love that Rider card, wonderful colours, beautiful.

Is there any chance at all of this being printed via Printer Studio rather than Gamecrafter? Then it would come from Europe or the USA depending on where we live. Every time I have bought through Game Crafter I have had high shipping costs and then been clobbered with customs charges. I have resisted many decks because of this and would be really disappointed to miss out on this one, especially if that Rider card is an indication of the final style of the deck.

:) :) :)

greatdane

Great in theory, kudos but

not a reader for me. There's not enough contrast. I wouldn't even want to do a three card with it. But I think it is a unique thought.
EDIT: OK, I was looking at the first post, YES, I like the colored one much better as I can easily see what the image is :)
I can see doing the playing card in one corner or the other, but not both. I don't read Lenormand reversals, or know others who do, there may be some?, but I don't see the need to have in both places. I would just find a distraction.

MissChiff

I like it... I don't know of anybody reversals in lenormand either...but I really like the colors and the artwork...nice..

greatdane

Agreed re colors and artwork, Miss Chiff

It's the playing card associations in two places, one upside down, that would be just distracting to me. But yes, bright and lovely artwork.

blue_fusion

Love that Rider card, wonderful colours, beautiful.

Is there any chance at all of this being printed via Printer Studio rather than Gamecrafter? Then it would come from Europe or the USA depending on where we live. Every time I have bought through Game Crafter I have had high shipping costs and then been clobbered with customs charges. I have resisted many decks because of this and would be really disappointed to miss out on this one, especially if that Rider card is an indication of the final style of the deck.

:) :) :)

Thanks! :) I'll try exploring PrinterStudio or MPC with this deck. I'm also considering launching it via Kickstarter as I've always wanted to try out that platform. :)

I like it... I don't know of anybody reversals in lenormand either...but I really like the colors and the artwork...nice..

It's the playing card associations in two places, one upside down, that would be just distracting to me. But yes, bright and lovely artwork.

Thanks! :) The reversed indices on the lower right were originally intended for playing card use (so the cards can double as playing cards). However, I see what you mean about them being too distracting. It might be best if I remove the playing card reversals here and just focus on the cards' Lenormand aspects. I might keep the top indices and maybe just put a scroll or something like that on the bottom of the cards and put the titles there.

MoonGypsy

Ly, i absolutely LOVE that Rider Card--everything except the playing card reversal indicators on the bottom right...
i agree that most Len Readers don't use reversals. Other than that, i hope you follow that colorful style
through out the deck. If so, i KNOW i am going to want this deck. Your Tarot de Maria Celia is my very favorite TdM type pip deck. Really lovely!

Aster Breo

I agree with what others have said.

This art is GORGEOUS! can't wait to see the whole deck!

blue_fusion

Ly, i absolutely LOVE that Rider Card--everything except the playing card reversal indicators on the bottom right...
i agree that most Len Readers don't use reversals. Other than that, i hope you follow that colorful style
through out the deck. If so, i KNOW i am going to want this deck. Your Tarot de Maria Celia is my very favorite TdM type pip deck. Really lovely!
I agree with what others have said.

This art is GORGEOUS! can't wait to see the whole deck!

Thanks! I'm glad you like the Maria Celia! I hope I gave each of the characters in the deck enough personality. :D

The reverse indices were intended for playing card use - so people who use the deck as playing cards wouldn't have to turn the card upside-down when they get a reversed card in their hand. It doesn't seem to be working out, though. haha I will just probably make the deck purely Lenormand in focus - though I'm still having trouble finding a balanced layout for the card titles, playing card indices, and Lenormand sequence number.