Alice in Wonderland: The Aces

DragonFae

If we work with the idea that Aces mean BEGINNINGS....then take a look at the four aces in this deck:

Ace of Spades: "Who am I? I will remember if I can."

Ace of Diamonds: "I'm not a visitor, and I'm not a servant."

Ace of Clubs: "I think I could if I only knew how to begin."

Ace of Hearts: "Oh I've had such a curious dream."

I think it is interesting that each of the aces have an "I" statement or thought. Now if I use a set of traditonal meanings for the suits....

Spades: "troubles that plague every man" OR I like to think of it as situations in life or things that are part of life....

Diamonds: money, wealth, OR as I like to think of it...AS things that are important or priorities to the seeker...may not be money...

Clubs: work, callings or plans....OR I like to think of it as work or things we need to accomplish in our lives, thing that we need to "take care of"

Hearts: Love, family and friends (including self) OR emotional issues

Combining the sayings, the idea of aces being beginnings and the suits....

Ace of Spades: Beginning to question or search for self awareness or a deeper understanding of self....or perhaps specific to a situation....WHO am I in this particular situation. What is my role?

Ace of Diamonds: Beginning to discover the role I play in life or the situation. I am not merely a visitor here...I have an active meaningful role to play...AND I am not a servant....I have personal needs, dreams, and such...those are important too. So a priority: Balance being merely an observer with being overly involved.

Ace of Clubs: Beginning to discover the way to begin....there are things that need to be accomplished or taken care of...I am starting to discover what those are...OR ...it is important to discover the things that need to be handled here. Examine this closely...it may be different than what you suppose.

Ace of Hearts: Beginnings of intuition or self love/discovery of authentic self...recognition of dreams and the beginning of understanding them in relation to life. Remembering that we hold the answers if we can only "reach them".

THESE are just some VERY preliminary thoughts.....subject to change or refinement!!! LOL...interested to see others thoughts.

cardlady22

Ace ~ Sun

DragonFae said:
Ace of Spades: "Who am I? I will remember if I can."

Ace of Diamonds: "I'm not a visitor, and I'm not a servant."

Ace of Clubs: "I think I could if I only knew how to begin."

Ace of Hearts: "Oh I've had such a curious dream."
In the system of cards I like to use, the Ace is associated with the Sun (self) and the conjunction in astrology.
1996, AC 9 Aspects ~ Iain McLaren-Owens

The Ace of Spades is the Sun in Water; a Queen pattern. (semi-sextile, inconjunct, square)
intuition, instincts, beliefs, desires, feelings

We must find out who to be in the now- no falling back on what "used to" work. To develop, we must root out deceptions and be open to communications.

The Ace of Diamonds is the Sun in Air; a King pattern. (sextile, opposition)
evaluation, intellect, thought, balance, knowledge

We break down the walls and false concepts so we can express what we were meant to do/be. The sky is the limit, as long as we don't settle into a rut.

The Ace of Clubs is the Sun in Earth, a Queen pattern. (semi-sextile, inconjunct, square)
learning, motivation, use, analysis, resources

We can only begin "truly" by realizing what we don't know and then deciding to get the skill set we need. The mistakes we make are friends and teachers.

The Ace of Hearts is the Sun in Fire, a Jack pattern. (conjunction, trine)
creation, inspiration, perception, will, being

Everything starts with a dream. Where will we take it? Acceptance or rejection? Feed it so it can grow at a healthy rate, or let it get away from us- out of control.

DragonFae

I like the way you grouped each ace with a sign and words that "fit" with it. I think it is interesting that in your system the Aces are associated with the Sun which is SELF....and all of the Ace quotations are about "I"....hmmmm!!!

cardlady22

Just to make sure I'm giving credit where it's due, this is the Astro-Cards ~ Magian Cardology system developed by Iain McLaren-Owens. (developed from the Olney Richmond ~ Randall & Campbell line) For the little 2 sentence parts, I was looking at where the cards appear in the 52-card spread. I am constantly blown away by new things that pop up when I use this system as a reference framework.

ETA: The keywords come from the phrases of the respective element's zodiac signs.