Reading the Lenormand with the OOTK Method

uraszz

Hello!

I made a Lenormand deck for my sister's birthday and am in the process of teaching her how to read with cards in general. She has a very linear way of thinking so I thought that the Lenormand would be accomadating of her thought pattern

Personally being a Tarot reader I've delved quite deep into it's mechanics and reading methods and I thought that the Opening of the Key's First Operation would fit very nicely with the Lenormand's reading style so I taught my sister how to read with that method and she's very happy and already giving immensely accurate readings!

Now I've adapted the method in the way that instead of pulling out three cards and taking into account their Elemental Correspondances and Compatibility I've taught my sister to pair the cards. "How?" you may ask. Well you read with all 36 cards and pick the significator according to your gender. From their if it's Woman you count left and if it's Man you count right. The Woman card is Ace of Spades so you count 11 to the left and then you pair the card you land on with the card on it's left. Reverse this method for Man

If you land on a Court Card then you count 4

And the rest are counted according to their numbers. So Six of Hearts is counted 6

What do you think about reading with this method. I know I might have failed a bit at explaining the process but it's really easier in practice

I'm also posting a few photographs of the deck

Thank you

Sincerely

-uraszz

[size=+2]Card Back and Edge[/size]

IMG_20160807_211150_zps8m2jswvr.jpg~original
[/URL][/IMG]

[size=+2]Birds - Fish - Stork[/size]

IMG_20160807_211252_zpsw2wnhukc.jpg~original
[/URL][/IMG]

[size=+2]Moon - Stars - Coffin[/size]

IMG_20160807_211420_zpsbay5t7o2.jpg~original
[/URL][/IMG]

[size=+2]Child- Lily- Heart[/size]

IMG_20160807_211515_zpsw9k3y5fc.jpg~original
[/URL][/IMG]

[size=+1]P.S. The cards are hand drawn and laminated with the titles in Turkish[/size]

Madame Squee

Hello uraszz, :)

What wonderful cards! They look magical! I'm not surprised that your sister is able to give accurate readings already. I absolutely love them all! I tried to pick a favorite but had to give up after I picked nine of them. Lol.

Your OOTK method for Lenormand looks fascinating. I am trying it tonight and will let you know how it goes.

Thank you.

Squee

uraszz

Hello uraszz, :)

What wonderful cards! They look magical! I'm not surprised that your sister is able to give accurate readings already. I absolutely love them all! I tried to pick a favorite but had to give up after I picked nine of them. Lol.

Your OOTK method for Lenormand looks fascinating. I am trying it tonight and will let you know how it goes.

Thank you.

Squee

Thank you so so much! I really worked hard on creating them so that I could catch the vibe of the card (oh yes I drew most of the cards 4-5 times before finding the right one lol)

Please do write back about the OOTK because I couldn't find anyone who ever did use it with Lenormand and I think that it really allows the reader to observe events like a story although as far as I've researched the Lenormand, the Grand Tableau is more comprehensive in it's bringing together of the Past, Present and Future

Awaiting your response

Sincerely

-uraszz

DownUnderNZer

The cards you have displayed do not show things like the 6 of Hearts or Ace of Spades, so is your sister supposed to memorize those kind of features.

If it was the 4 x 9 GT Lenormand:

What if the Woman (Ace of Spades) was in the house of the CLOUDS - is it counted 11 to go underneath or just 5 to the left.

And what if MAN was on the house of the CROSS would it just stay at 0 as it cannot be counted to the RIGHT.

There is a lot available already to work with the GT as in methods like mirroring, knighting, lines, box of 9, four square, pairs, and so forth.

What difference or contribution would the OOTK method make - when other techniques used for a veryyyyyyy long time have been used and proven to be accurate?

DND :)

Hello!

I made a Lenormand deck for my sister's birthday and am in the process of teaching her how to read with cards in general. She has a very linear way of thinking so I thought that the Lenormand would be accomadating of her thought pattern

Personally being a Tarot reader I've delved quite deep into it's mechanics and reading methods and I thought that the Opening of the Key's First Operation would fit very nicely with the Lenormand's reading style so I taught my sister how to read with that method and she's very happy and already giving immensely accurate readings!

Now I've adapted the method in the way that instead of pulling out three cards and taking into account their Elemental Correspondances and Compatibility I've taught my sister to pair the cards. "How?" you may ask. Well you read with all 36 cards and pick the significator according to your gender. From their if it's Woman you count left and if it's Man you count right. The Woman card is Ace of Spades so you count 11 to the left and then you pair the card you land on with the card on it's left. Reverse this method for Man

If you land on a Court Card then you count 4

And the rest are counted according to their numbers. So Six of Hearts is counted 6

What do you think about reading with this method. I know I might have failed a bit at explaining the process but it's really easier in practice

I'm also posting a few photographs of the deck

Thank you

Sincerely

-uraszz

Tag_jorrit

The cards are very lovely but I can't seem to identify any of the ones you have posted as Lenormand cards.

The cards you have displayed do not show things like the 6 of Hearts or Ace of Spades, so is your sister supposed to memorize those kind of features.

What if the Woman (Ace of Spades) was in the house of the CLOUDS - is it counted 11 to go underneath or just 5 to the left.

And what if MAN was on the house of the CROSS would it just stay at 0 as it cannot be counted to the RIGHT.

There is a lot available already to work with the GT as in methods like mirroring, knighting, lines, box of 9, four square, pairs, and so forth.

What difference or contribution would the OOTK method make - when other techniques used for a veryyyyyyy long time have been used and proven to be accurate?

uraszz

Thank you very much for your feedback! It really stretched me in terms of reevaluating the deck and showed me how little I truly knew about Lenormand and it's reading method. I guess as a Tarot reader I've only surrounded my self with that form of Cartomancy and haven't looked more deep into the general tradition of reading cards

Firstly you must take into consideration that this deck is specifically tailored towards my sister's own needs and her own thinking pattern. Hers is not an abstracting and/or technical thinking, she's more intuitive and down to earth, making clear cut connections towards things that she's experienced herself or has heard that her friends have experienced. So saying that the letter card is a message or written exchanges would not satisfy her, she needs to have experienced the same thing to truly read with it. The numbers and suits of the cards would've just intimidated her. I made a list for quick reference that she is using to count the cards but she's already memorized most of them and doesn't use the list

I know that the GT is more effective in readings with the Lenormand but as I said my sister is not one to dive into that much complexity because she's not a full time or regular reader and only uses the deck when she feels she needs to scope out a specific situation so asking about a card in the house of the Cloud when talking about the OOTK is redundant because as I said it is a completely different method of reading

The OOTK is a linear method of reading cards. It shows things like chapters progressing through a book, always building on the plot you see in the previous pair of cards. So I do not know what would be satisfactory for you but in my opinion this greatly reduces the intimidation a Lenormand reader could feel about reading the GT which is complex, informative and a method that takes quite some time to master. The OOTK is a simpler but not less effective method that can be used by beginners to get a feel of a situation in great depth without "...mirroring, knighting, lines, box of 9, four square,..." and slowly progress to the efficiency to read with the GT

The OOTK Lenormand also uses pairs so it is great to look through different parings in different readings

I have a suggestion and I hope you will take it into consideration

Why don't you take the OOTK and look at it from a beginners perspective, use it, write down it's pros and cons and reply back here while I will look into those different methods of reading a GT and also report back to you. This I think will help both of us assume eachother's perspectives

Hoping to hear back from you

Sincerely

-uraszz

uraszz

The cards are very lovely but I can't seem to identify any of the ones you have posted as Lenormand cards.

I'm really sorry you feel that way about these cards. Is it the absence of numbers and suits or just the artwork in general?

DownUnderNZer

Have you ever considered the "Soul Cards" for your sister. 100% Intuitive.

Lenormand is a bit more structured and there are certain meanings that belong to each card. Once the basic meanings are down packed there is a bit of room to play, but not really full on Intuitive I feel.

Perhaps, if you were to post your own 36 card GT (photo attachment) in the "Lenormand Readings" showing how you would use the OOTK then maybe others in AT can pipe in as well to see what they think.

Personally, I feel the techniques used in the GT cover every possible angle, and not all of them have to be used either.

I do not feel a need to apply this OOTK, but will take a look at an example of one of your own GT's using it.

And AT would likely prefer you do it yourself anyhow.

Thank you very much for your feedback! It really stretched me in terms of reevaluating the deck and showed me how little I truly knew about Lenormand and it's reading method. I guess as a Tarot reader I've only surrounded my self with that form of Carotmancy and haven't looked more deep into the general tradition of reading cards

Firstly you must take into consideration that this deck is specifically tailored towards my sister's own needs and her own thinking pattern. Hers is not an abstracting and/or technical thinking, she's more intuitive and down to earth, making clear cut connections towards things that she's experienced herself or has heard that her friends have experienced. So saying that the letter card is a message or written exchanges would not satisfy her, she needs to have experienced the same thing to truly read with it. The numbers and suits of the cards would've just intimidated her. I made a list for quick reference that she is using to count the cards but she's already memorized most of them and doesn't use the list

I know that the GT is more effective in readings with the Lenormand but as I said my sister is not one to dive into that much complexity because she's not a full time or regular reader and only uses the deck when she feels she needs to scope out a specific situation so asking about a card in the house of the Cloud when talking about the OOTK is redundant because as I said it is a completely different method of reading

The OOTK is a linear method of reading cards. It shows things like chapters progressing through a book, always building on the plot you see in the previous pair of cards. So I do not know what would be satisfactory for you but in my opinion this greatly reduces the intimidation a Lenormand reader could feel about reading the GT which is complex, informative and a method that takes quite some time to master. The OOTK is a simpler but not less effective method that can be used by beginners to get a feel of a situation in great depth without "...mirroring, knighting, lines, box of 9, four square,..." and slowly progress to the efficiency to read with the GT

The OOTK Lenormand also uses pairs so it is great to look through different parings in different readings

I have a suggestion and I hope you will take it into consideration

Why don't you take the OOTK and look at it from a beginners perspective, use it, write down it's pros and cons and reply back here while I will look into those different methods of reading a GT and also report back to you. This I think will help both of us assume eachother's perspectives

Hoping to hear back from you

Sincerely

-uraszz

uraszz

Have you ever considered the "Soul Cards" for your sister. 100% Intuitive.

Lenormand is a bit more structured and there are certain meanings that belong to each card. Once the basic meanings are down packed there is a bit of room to play, but not really full on Intuitive I feel.

Perhaps, if you were to post your own 36 card GT (photo attachment) in the "Lenormand Readings" showing how you would use the OOTK then maybe others in AT can pipe in as well to see what they think.

Personally, I feel the techniques used in the GT cover every possible angle, and not all of them have to be used either.

I do not feel a need to apply this OOTK, but will take a look at an example of one of your own GT's using it.

And AT would likely prefer you do it yourself anyhow.

I know about the Soul Cards but felt that a Lenormand would better suit my sister because as I said she's not a very spiritual person, she's more down to earth and practical

I think you've misunderstood me; The OOTK is not a stand in and/or different method of reading the GT, it is an entirely different method on it's own

DownUnderNZer

So, there are different areas like "Work/Relationship/Money/Travel/Health" and you are saying for each card that represents that "area" you are going to count in either a LEFT or RIGHT direction, but only if it has an INSET like the Ace of Spades and 6 of Hearts on the card etc.

In addition, when you get to where ever it STOPS, you will then look at the TWO cards located there side by side.

Does that sound about right?

Let's say the MAN is on the HOUSE of TOWER and if we go 11 to the RIGHT we should be looking at positions "29", "30", and 31 which fall beneath the TOWER (19). With "29" being the 11th count.

So, which TWO cards would be read?.

Let's say ANCHOR is on 29, WOMAN on 30, and HOUSE on 31.

But then when it comes time to look at the WOMAN and count her 11 to the LEFT it will go right back to the position of the TOWER and the MAN card.

I kind of find it "limiting" and am not sure where it really would go if only read that way.

I know about the Soul Cards but felt that a Lenormand would better suit my sister because as I said she's not a very spiritual person, she's more down to earth and practical

I think you've misunderstood me; The OOTK is not a stand in and/or different method of reading the GT, it is an entirely different method on it's own

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx