Knight of Cups as karma balancing advice

Valeria

Hello! I did a celtic cross spread to understand how to balance my karma with a specific person and move on in life. The Knight of Cups turned up in the position of advice card. The baffling thing is that the near future card is The Devil and the outcome card is Reversed Death. So does it mean if I take the advice, I will manage to settle the karmic imbalance but still end up resenting the end?

I feel that the Knight of Cups is asking me to be more kind and compassionate with the person. But I am not sure if I should take that advice because the romantic connotations may create a taboo relationship instead, which I feel is what the Devil card is pointing at. And I want closure, so the Reversed Death is not very comforting as to me it looks like there will be resistance to a necessary end.

Please help me out with understanding the Knight of Cups.

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Hi Valeria,

You need to provide interpretations for all cards that you list, so please edit your post to either add interpretations or remove the extra cards you mentioned.

rwcarter, co-Moderator of Using Tarot Cards

Thirteen

Hey, Valeria, thanks for adding those interpretations. While the Knight/Cups is often viewed as romantic, readers need to keep in mind that Cups aren't only about romance. They can also indicate a spiritual quest. The Knight/Cups is, in some ways, the quintessential "Camelot" knight who not only fights for his lady, but also prays and tries to be chivalrous—selfless, kind, generous, etc.

Keep in mind that knights are also the fighters/diplomats of their kingdom. So the knight/cups' job is to fight for the suit of cups, and to win over others to the suit of cups. Thus, this advice isn't so much about being romantic as it is being a champion of love, generosity and compassion. That's the sort of person who, when others are mocking someone's feelings, stands up and says, "Stop that. I support their right to feel that way." And when others are being cruel, they step in and are kind. And when others turn their backs on someone, they show them forgiveness and sympathy.

I think that's pretty good advice for balancing out karma. Not just towards this person, but to make sure you're on the right side of karma with all people.

As for the Devil...those knights had to fight off temptation, and I think you will, too, in the near future. What you're hoping to do takes effort and work, and you might be tempted to take short cuts or be lazy. Or join with others who are doing wrong rather than standing up to them. So, that card, to me says "Fight temptation. Don't let yourself go for what's easy or quick. Do this right." As for Death rx...maybe that's the promise of all good karma? Namely a good reincarnation when the time comes?

Valeria

Thank you Thirteen. That is a really uplifting and generous advice of the Knight of Cups when interpreted that way. If I choose to be the knight in shining armor, the honorable aspect of it may help me abstain from negative temptations.