Looking for Tarot de Marseilles with great card stock

ayuryogini

Do you have any recommendations?

If so, what do you like about the particular deck?

I'm leaning toward Flornoy's Dodal; does anyone know how that card stock is?

Thanks for any recommendations.

Le Fanu

Fabulous cardstock. One of the best.

Beanfeasa

Any deck from Yves Renualt, at tarot de Marseille heritage is exquisite

FLizarraga

I will go a little against the grain and recommend a couple of modern Marseille decks: the Tarot de Marcelo Inciso and the Trionfi della Luna. Both gorgeous takes on the Marseille tradition, with excellent cardstock.

Oh, and if you love linen cardstock as much as I do, you cannot go wrong with another modern deck, the Marseille Sophistiqué.

ETA: It's actually Tarocchi di Marcelo Inciso. It was in Spanish in my mind for some reason.

Le Fanu

Mine - and a number of other Trionfi della Luna - came with krazily curved and bent cardstock. It looks like the cardstock is from six different decks. Whole sections of the deck curve to varying degrees. You never need to cut the deck - it does it itself.

FLizarraga

Mine - and a number of other Trionfi della Luna - came with krazily curved and bent cardstock. It looks like the cardstock is from six different decks. Whole sections of the deck curve to varying degrees. You never need to cut the deck - it does it itself.

Mine is perfect, though. As are all self-published Valenza decks I have purchased over the years. Maybe there was a bad batch or something.

ayuryogini

Thank you all for your wonderful recommendations; I really appreciate it.

I agree, Yves Reynaud does a beautiful job with his decks and I already have the Madenié & Payen decks.

I also have the Trionfi della Luna, and fortunately didn't have the same troubles as Le Fanu; though I quite like the idea of cards that cut themselves.

Based on your recommendations, I've ordered the Robledo, Flornoy's Dodal and Marseille Sophistiqué with the Happy Squirrel Card.

A million thanks, everyone who took the time to respond; so appreciated.