Legacy of the Divine Tarot- least favourite card

wasyteyelo

and Judgement

I have to admit that this was the only card in the deck that I did not like at all when I first saw it. I thought it was a throw back to the Judeo-Christian Last Judgement prevalent in most traditional tarot decks, a cop out (sorry Ciro, just being honest). I noted the flutes, but found it very dark. then I noticed the face to the left below the angels hip hooded and with its nose missing. My friend had to tell me it was a figure of a woman with her arms raised, but even after I saw it; it kept changing into the face for me. It took her a while to see the face I was seeing. The other thing I noticed was the blood appearing to flow from wounds on the dark figures rising
so I knew they were the walking wounded. My friend was drawn to the legs of the figure slightly to the left of center standing almost up right in front of the angel and that they looked like an animal's possibly a goat's. She also saw a figure lying back and holding the ankles of some of the figures at the bottom to the right of center.
Reversed, I got the impression of the figures free falling from a tree like the angel was shaking them loose.
This led me to understand that those figures were a montage conveying more than just the dead, but I was stumped. My friend said to her the card meant recapitulation, but that didn't quite ring true for me, but I was stumped and had an aversion to the the card.
Later that evening while watching television with my husband the show we were watching quoted a couple of lines from a Bob Dylan song, "Shelter From the Storm" and the minute I heard them I knew it was addressing the judgement card, so we paused the show and I came in and googled the lyrics, and after reading them two words came in loud and clear.
They were release and respite.
I googled for the definitions and here is what it said:
Release- A deliverance or liberation, as from confinement, restraint, or suffering.
Respite literally means a period of rest or relief.
That pretty much summed it up for me, but I heard these words in my mind, "It is only you that condemns yourselves to hell." Then I understood that though we may need healing from our wounds, hell is a self-imposed sentence.
Immediately my mind opened, the aversion was gone and I saw that this card represented the other side of the Death card, which, when we had reviewed it earlier my friend and I agreed focused only on the dying not the rebirthing which follows death but more of that later if you are interested.
EmmyBee

wasyteyelo

I agree with you SassyJ about the World card

In this deck it reminds me more of the High Fool, which I read as the Fool who has made his journey around the wheel of life and no longer a child, has chosen innocence and trust after experienceing life, because it is who he chooses to be. It lends itself beautifully to that, and I believe I will use the World Card from T of Dreams to read as the World Card with this deck which will bring the number of majors to 22.
EmmyBee

Mojo Twin 2

I'm going to have to agree with Faith. I've never, despite tradition, had a "religious" interpretation of V Hierophant. Typically a teacher, a wise man, one who has influenced you on your path. Faith to me FORCES you to a religious connotation of the card, which I'm still interpreting as I usually do. Just can't make the connection.

alonewiththesea

i am in love with this deck it speaks to me in every card from every angle but the card i had the most issues with in undertstanding was really the faith card it was left so open and there for while its my least favorite card im finding im learning the most from it with using my intuition so for me being my least favorite im not learning the meaning behind the faith card. I was stuborn in my views assigning a position in previous decks on it just being about learning and faith now im seeing that its also got alot to do with many other aspects as well.

Bonnie

Learning Curve

I often find that the cards that give me the most issues are reflecting issues within myself, and have the most to teach me. :)

SkadisPhoenix

I've literally just opened this deck, and also stopped at the Faith card. I have spent about ten minutes studying it, and to be honest, now love it.

We are all aiming to learn, and strive for the greater good, and what I see in the Faith card is that it doesn't matter what faith you are, in the end we are all trying to learn from a greater being/beings. It's a reminder that we shouldn't be put off by other people's religious views, instead learn from each other to better ourselves in whatever way we can. There's the big golden pillar in the middle, to represent that thirst for knowledge.

And now, it's time to read the book! ;)

Golden Moon

I would go with all the 4 Kings. I don't like the idea that the Pages, Kinights, & Queens have close up except for the Kings:(. It's enough with Knights not having a face, but not seeing the Kings up close is leaves alot to be desired:(.

canid

The 9 of Cups. I really feel there should be a *person* on this card! All that fruit...it bugs me & I'm disappointed.

SkadisPhoenix

Golden Moon said:
I would go with all the 4 Kings. I don't like the idea that the Pages, Kinights, & Queens have close up except for the Kings:(. It's enough with Knights not having a face, but not seeing the Kings up close is leaves alot to be desired:(.

I don't know if it will hope, but I wasn't sure about the courts (still don't quite know how to take the knights), but the pages are bringing something to us, so should be close up, they're messengers after all, then the Queens are the heart and soul of the court, and as everybody knows, eyes are the windows to the soul. Then the Kings have to deal with the WHOLE kingdom, so are shown in from a distant, in a room which signifies their kingdom. If that makes sense.

PAMUYA

After working with this deck for some time my thoughts have changed quite a bit. I have since gotten a dog (for the first time in my 50 years) and now understand the 10 of Cups card. I have recently (today) had a run in with the World card which has changed my view of it completely.
Thank you Ciro for such a wonderful deck, it gives my such pleasure to use it.