Astrology and Tarot? Is this the right thread?

_R_

Well, my first draft of a translation of the astrological part of the essay linked to above vanished into the digital ether after I closed my computer without saving the file. A second attempt will just have to wait until I have time next week or the week after, I suppose.

To add to my previous post, and for the sake of accuracy, I should mention that the cantankerous French astrologer-philosopher Jacques Halbronn has written a couple of articles on this very topic [astronomical/calendrical considerations] in recent years, as an appendix to a book of his on Etteilla from 20-odd years ago.

And there are two French bloggers who have written a number of articles dealing with this subject too, but unfortunately those blogs have not been active for some years now.

[see, for example: http://itineraire-du-fou.blogspot.com/2009/04/valeur-du-cycle-saisonnier.html , or http://lecycledelarouedefortune.blogspot.com/2009/08/periodes-cycliques-saisons-analemme.html ]

SuitofSwords

Well, my first draft of a translation of the astrological part of the essay linked to above vanished into the digital ether after I closed my computer without saving the file. A second attempt will just have to wait until I have time next week or the week after, I suppose.

To add to my previous post, and for the sake of accuracy, I should mention that the cantankerous French astrologer-philosopher Jacques Halbronn has written a couple of articles on this very topic [astronomical/calendrical considerations] in recent years, as an appendix to a book of his on Etteilla from 20-odd years ago.

And there are two French bloggers who have written a number of articles dealing with this subject too, but unfortunately those blogs have not been active for some years now.

[see, for example: http://itineraire-du-fou.blogspot.com/2009/04/valeur-du-cycle-saisonnier.html , or http://lecycledelarouedefortune.blogspot.com/2009/08/periodes-cycliques-saisons-analemme.html ]

Very interesting! I'm going to have to sit down and really dig through these.

Edward Tarot Hands

I don't know much about astrology let alone linking it to The Tarot but I've just started reading The Book Of Thoth and this seems to explain it well

Barleywine

I don't know much about astrology let alone linking it to The Tarot but I've just started reading The Book Of Thoth and this seems to explain it well

There is also a book by Crowley titled The General Principles of Astrology that was put together by the O.T.O, which is a compilation of the material he ghost-wrote for Evangeline Adam's two books: Astrology, Your Place in the Sun and Astrology, Your Place Under the Stars (or something like that), along with his own brief astrological writing. It's expensive though if you just want an overview.

Edward Tarot Hands

There is also a book by Crowley titled The General Principles of Astrology that was put together by the O.T.O, which is a compilation of the material he ghost-wrote for Evangeline Adam's two books: Astrology: Your Place in the Sun and Astrology, Your Place Under the Stars (or something like that), along with his own brief astrological writing. It's expensive though if you just want an overview.

cool!! thanks

Grizabella

I have Anthony Lewis' book called Tarot Beyond the Basics. It's a very good and comprehensive book dealing with this and much more. I haven't gotten all the way through the book, but in skimming it, I've found that tons of things are covered including astrology as it applies to Tarot.

Barleywine

I have Anthony Lewis' book called Tarot Beyond the Basics. It's a very good and comprehensive book dealing with this and much more. I haven't gotten all the way through the book, but in skimming it, I've found that tons of things are covered including astrology as it applies to Tarot.

I second this. (But to be honest, what I like best about it is that his version of the Celtic Cross is basically identical to the one I've been using for the last 35 years. He must have drawn from the same Eden Gray source, and reached some of the same conclusion I did.)

SuitofSwords

Oh thank you! I'll have to check it out.