Tarot Gets Everywhere These Days!

Pollux

ROFLMAO

Liliana said:
P.S.The main character has no default name, so I named him Valerio Pollux ;)

*LOL* I guess I am the only one who can get that... Well, if I can't have an oversea acquired nephew, a PC (= playing character) of a RPG-like game is ok. *LOL* :D

I never told you, but I re-started an old RPG, and I had to form a party of FOUR with the possibility to set every setting of each playing character as I pleased. Well, I was tempted to form a coven more than a party, I had the personalities and names already there... *ROFLOL* :D
But in the end I just decided that the Sorcerer would have been an Elven Lady (got additional multi-classing EXP :D), and that her name would have been Liliana... :D

Sorry, I only now realise I am completely off topic, and I am flirting with Liliana... :( *LOL*

As for BB, the italian edition only features a psychic... and she didn't tell she was till they kicked her out...
But I have tarot cards on kitchen paper. :p

VGimlet

I was innocently reading a new book - Once Upon a Winter's Night by Dennis L. McKiernan, and the characters began to play "taroc", a game where the cards had arcane trumps, and the suites were cups, wands, swords and pentacles, and the characters discuss tarot reading.
Talk about sneaking in somewhere, LOL.

Liliana

Hey Pollux, you were looking for things to send me, how about a roll of that paper itd be cool ;)

Howd you know I was an elf ;) I prefer a priest class myself, but if the game doesnt have one sorceror will do lol

:THP

Kyrielle

There was an episode of the Simpsons where Lisa got a Tarot reading. The fortune teller turned over the Death card and Lisa freaked out. Then Lisa turned over a card and it was the "Happy Squirrel," which made the fortune teller freak out!

Sarah Ovenall made a Happy Squirrel card for the Victoria Regina Tarot. You can download and print it on her website.

--Kyrielle

Pollux

Kyrielle said:
There was an episode of the Simpsons where Lisa got a Tarot reading.

Hi Hi Hi... that is my favourite episode of the Simpsons.
When she imagines her future, her Prince Charming and all...
thank you Kyrielle!!! I had nearly forgotten it! :)

And, I found out there are even more videogames featuring Tarot Cards. Bust a MOve 4 for example (mine is for PSX): you go on taking up "worlds" that correspond to a tarot card. And you can usually choose between 4 or 5, till you finish them all and get to the next group. And in the end, when you finish the game, you enable the Tarot Reading option: a Star of David Spread, featuring REVERSED!!! *LOL*

purplelady

Kiama, I have the sims and every expansion pack, of course!
In the US the expansion packs are a little different. You have "Livin' it up", we have "Livin' Large". There's also "House Party", "Hot Date" and "Vacation"! I admit, 4 expansion packs is a bit much, but I especially like Hot Date and the downtown. In my version, there isn't a tarot reader, but there is a "telephone psychic" career. (maybe he advances to tarot reader? not sure) . There's a nifty telephone psychic outfit to go with it!
I've always thought the sims Should have a tarot deck!
Instead they can buy a really dumb and overpriced "crystal ball" that they can scry in. Something like "Madame Blahfry's crystal gazing, and it gives really tacky fortunes!
You can also download an infinite ton of clothes , stuff , and junk , wallpaper, for your sims from online sites!
Next year they are going to come out with "sims village" or something like that. You will be able to play your game online. I think it's something you pay for monthly though.

Kyrielle

How about the Tarot characters as Sims? The Fool living next door to the Empress, bugging the High Priestess whenever she tries to meditate... they get into a fight and Temperance has to break it up. But then Strength's pet lion gets loose...

-- Kyrielle

kayne

LOL! That is such a cool idea Kyrielle! The poor ol' Hermit just wouldn't know what to do with himself amongst all the chaos! :p

Pollux

And The Emperor would win the elections and become the Town Major, and The Magician would be the local phisician, The Devil might run a Sexy Shop, and The Lovers would be the newly married young couple whose dream is to create the typical Corn-flakes commercials Family 2 kids a dog and double income...
But how would you use minors?
The King of Swords would be the barber. The Queen of Cups would drive a Pub. The Page of Pentacles would be the grocer's... *lol*

Sam

In an internet pop-up...

(you know, about: blank, one of those) really wierd!