♡ Pathwing ♡ new fae spread.

MagsStardustBlack

Created my MagsStardustBlack for use with Frouds Faeries Oracle.

Card possitions.

1. Present

(Path a)------------------(Path b)

2. Influences-------------6. Influence
3. Journey---------------7. Journey
4. Obstacles-------------8. Obstacles
5. Destination------------9. Destination

-----------------Pathwing------------------

5------------------------------------------9

---------3\4------------------7\8----------

---------------------1---------------------

---------------2------------6--------------

Hello (wave) ♡

I have created a new spread (upon faery request). It is called Pathwing (pathways ~faery wings). And iv used it a few times. It seems to be very honest and tends to focus on the shadow self and how that interacts with the querents everyday life. It seems to work well with love vs carreer/self development. It allows us to see everyday situations but shows us the unseen influences at work. The fae love it, it gives them so much more scope for exploration of self and life, for me to use and work with.

Pathwing is designed to reflect the present and future in constant flux with past influences and can either reveal 2 possible pathways in a querents life as in two outcomes of a situation based on a desicion to be made or two paths within a querents life such as love/career which run simultaneously however can expose blocks on one path which may affect the other path.

Pathwing is a 9 card spread designed on the image of faery wings. Cards 4 and 8 overlap 3 and 7 as are blocks. Its beautiful to look at and the cards can show direct links between each side. For example card 3 vs 7 can show how one aspect a path is running parallel to another path and could be clashing or enhancing the querents experience in a situation. The fae enjoy using reversals on this spread and this can shed even more in depth information valuable to the querents enlightenment and self development. Change happens at the contact boundary, the moment we experience true self.

I hope you fae folk like it. Iv developed it using Frouds Oracle but I imagine you could use it with any faery deck, I may try it tonight with my new eeeeeek excited... Fairy Lights Tarot.

Blessings ♡

Magsxx

Tanga

"Pathwing - new fae spread"

Oh - hello again MagsStardustBlack.

Frouds Faeries' Oracle - one of my two favourite oracle decks (the other is Medicine Cards by Sams and Carson). :)
I'll try out your new spread and report back after playing with it for a while. Love the idea of two parallel threads intersecting. And "change happening at the contact boundary" - yes! change/action/revelation/Aha moments at the point of interface, were both sides "lean in" making a "donkey" connection (principle of Zero Balancing - a type of bodywork that I do).

Hail all residents of Elfalme!
Many thanks.

MagsStardustBlack

Oh lovely, let me know how it goes and for you. I had a a wee look at the Medicine Cards on Amazon, they are lovely. Yes I think you get it, moments of insight. Self awareness, I think this spread works well for readings about self. As well as for the querent.....

Tanga

"Pathwing - new fae spread - Interpretations?"

MagsStardustBlack - that is an excellent new oracle spread!
:) :) :)
I love it.

Those fae sure are cheeky and still have me working on figuring out a few things they've said... I've almost 'got it'. But perhaps I can prompt you on these few things here for some ideas of interpretation?:
I did the spread ala Love/Career-SelfDevelopment.

(Here's a repeat of the card positions)
1. Present

So (looking at the spread) my left wing is Love, and my right wing Career and SelfDevelopment.
It was the 'journey' and the 'obstacles' on both wings that are a little tricky for me to interpret.

On the Left - Love I have
9 Singer of Initiation
13 Solus

Meaning "at this time of upheaval and great change that challenges a fuller living of my potential... erm... (Solus has me a little stumped maybe) the lack of full self-empowerment is a problem... erm or something about connections that will support this 'initiation' time will further complicate issues"? ...Ah - Or could it be - it's an obstacle that these connections of support have not been made yet?

On the Right - Career/Self I have
7 The Journeyman
8 Ilbe the Retriever.

Meaning "in this new phase of the ongoing process of further developing myself in my career etc., I should perhaps remember a lost dream/skill/idea - as re-introducing this would aid my practice" Would this be re-injecting a more esoteric side back into my work? i.e. - This morning I read the Crystal ball thread and remembered everything I'd always dreamed about them (plus participated in it enthusiastically) - and always I would like to more concisely integrate all my "fluffier" stuff with my more "medical/professional" (posh accent here) approach, but I do somewhat hide this side (apart from those clients who openly volunteer their interest up front)... hmm.

The rest of the cards were nail-on-head stuff. :) I pulled 10 The healers card, for positions 6 on the Right which is 'influences'.

(n.b. - here's the low down on me and having cards read - or reading for myself. I do it seldom these days because I usually know all the answers of what I have to do for my various life challenges. -'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'.
If I go for a reading - it's because I'm in the mood to listen and get some ques from someone else about how they read the cards/interact with the querent etc. Or just immerse myself in this side of the world).

OOPS - and now that I've just read posting guidelines for this thread - I'm not sure this should even be here... so just going to copy this in "Your Readings" thread.

MagsStardustBlack

MagsStardustBlack - that is an excellent new oracle spread!
:) :) :)
I love it.
Thank you, i like it too, i am using it a lot as it seems to be multi-functional :)

Those fae sure are cheeky and still have me working on figuring out a few things they've said... I've almost 'got it'. But perhaps I can prompt you on these few things here for some ideas of interpretation?:
yes they are and i have noted with Froud especially sometimes they don't tell you what you want, rather what you need. And sometimes their advice can be very literal to the card image too.

If you are asking for a wee chat of interpretations, id love to, thank you. But you might want to message a mod and ask them to move the thread to 'your readings' forum. And you could link to my spread from people to see.

I did the spread ala Love/Career-SelfDevelopment.

(Here's a repeat of the card positions)
1. Present

So (looking at the spread) my left wing is Love, and my right wing Career and SelfDevelopment.
It was the 'journey' and the 'obstacles' on both wings that are a little tricky for me to interpret.

On the Left - Love I have
9 Singer of Initiation
13 Solus

Meaning "at this time of upheaval and great change that challenges a fuller living of my potential... erm... (Solus has me a little stumped maybe) the lack of full self-empowerment is a problem... erm or something about connections that will support this 'initiation' time will further complicate issues"? ...Ah - Or could it be - it's an obstacle that these connections of support have not been made yet?

Ok so is Initiation the journey and Solus the Obstacle? The initial feeling i get here is The Initiation with regards to love sounds like, if you are currently in a relationship or hoping for a relationship, that you are going through a change from which there is no going back, wheels are set in motion, there is potential, there may be some difficulties along the way.

And Solus is illustrating these difficulties. Solus, being about newness and creation, suggests, in the position of Obstancle (sideways), so i will read Solus as a semi-reversal if you like. Are you feeling less than strong right now, if so why? Are you feeling low on energy, if so think why? Have you kind of lost your hopes and dreams?

I think Solus suggests that within the path of love a huge change is happening within Transfiguration, there is the potential for a new mind set, change in how you think and there fore feel which will have a positive effect on the realities of living and life. But you are being blocked by possible negative feelings, have you given up some way in love?

On the Right - Career/Self I have
7 The Journeyman
8 Ilbe the Retriever.

Meaning "in this new phase of the ongoing process of further developing myself in my career etc., I should perhaps remember a lost dream/skill/idea - as re-introducing this would aid my practice" Would this be re-injecting a more esoteric side back into my work? i.e. - This morning I read the Crystal ball thread and remembered everything I'd always dreamed about them (plus participated in it enthusiastically) - and always I would like to more concisely integrate all my "fluffier" stuff with my more "medical/professional" (posh accent here) approach, but I do somewhat hide this side (apart from those clients who openly volunteer their interest up front)... hmm.

To have the Journey men as your Journey??? Suggests literally as career is going well, possible traveling, refining of skills. These guys suggest you are going well with career, moving forward and that you feel passionate about your work and career. It is a bit of an adventure. This card also speaks of intuition. And this may be referring your spiritual side. But they ask of you to consider do you have a balance there? With your career and your spiritual pursuits.

Ilbe is here to help you figure something out, potentially to re-balance. Have you forgotten about a dream, an interest? This is regarding work i feel. He is reminding you that on your journey something has been left behind? And finding this thing will help you move again forward with your career.

These cards could also suggest something new. If you are currently in a comfortable state. They are suggesting a new twist is about to occus to change your course in career. You might suddenly remember a passion, a love???? Look to the other path with Transfiguration and Solus? Could the fae be telling you about love, within the context of love of life, rather relationship.

The Initiation and the Solus, Iibe and The Journeymen, could they all be linked? Change is on its way Initiation, Solus is saying there is a sense of a lost hope and across on the career path, Ilbe talkes about something lost, but reminds you that this journey has the obstacle of something needs time to be resolved on this career path before you can continue.

Just a thought, how i might look at the cards :)

The rest of the cards were nail-on-head stuff. :) I pulled 10 The healers card, for positions 6 on the Right which is 'influences'.

(n.b. - here's the low down on me and having cards read - or reading for myself. I do it seldom these days because I usually know all the answers of what I have to do for my various life challenges. -'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'.

Yeh i think that goes with the psychotherapy territory back ground, kind of like that myself.

If I go for a reading - it's because I'm in the mood to listen and get some ques from someone else about how they read the cards/interact with the querent etc. Or just immerse myself in this side of the world).

Yes i understand that too. I love reading for other people, but i usually get a friend to read for me, or if i read for myself i will call her up and we will talk it through.

OOPS - and now that I've just read posting guidelines for this thread - I'm not sure this should even be here... so just going to copy this in "Your Readings" thread.

oh don't worry, the mods will just move it over to another forum so other can have a chance to read if they want. Just give them a little pm and they will be very helpful.

Your reading sounds very clear for you and interesting. I dont think my interpretation will necessarily help of make sense, as it is your reading, youi dealt the cards but it may jog some insight for you i hope. I always tend to read the obstacles as semi-reverse cards as the overlap the journey sideways.

And i always look at both journey's and obstacles and see if there are connections there.
If a question isnt clearly states ie 'tell me what i can expect with love' This is even open to what does love meen, it could be love for a hobby, a career, family, a lover..... and i feel like the fae (cheeky so and so's) use this as an advantage. As the quote goes from The Labyrinth with sarah and the Goblin King 'Thats not it...... she didn't say the right words' ;)
I love that film ;)

Hope that helps, thank you so much for trying the spread, im glad you enjoyed it ;) And for sharing your reading with me ;)

blessings, Mags xx

Tanga

"Pathwing - new fae spread - Interpretations?"

MagsStardustBlack, very many thanks for your input. :)
Only fair that I give you feedback: (EEEK - I still haven't 'got' the 'how to paste quotes' thing yet...).

FEEDBACK: (your interpretations MagsStardustBlack, are in "quote" marks. My feedback follows each suggestion/statement).

"OK so 'Initiation' the Journey and 'Solus' the Obstacle?"
Yes.

"If you are currently in a relationship - you are going through a change with no going back"
Yes. I am 16 years married and we have quite simply grown apart. We like each other but struggle to see/or match eye-to-eye. Marriage counselling is on the cards.

"Are you feeling less than strong right now… low on energy?"
Yes. I've been 'doing too much' (through sheer excitement of wanting to get things done NOW) and as a result have been ill and had 2 rounds of antibiotics within this month.
Empty battery.

"have you given up in some way in love?"
Yes. As above.

" 'The Journey Man' as your Journey - career is going well and you are passionate about your work?"
YES!!!

"Do you have a balance between career and spiritual pursuits?"
Uncertain here exactly (which probably means no huh?). Joining this forum was one way to further engage my spiritual pursuits - the Tarot side has been on the back burner for a few years really apart from my own personal meditations with them. Usually I 'engage' by going off to seminars at my favourite esoteric bookshop - where I can also get to meet like-minded people, and I have been doing some of this just recently. But I'd also love to know more about Kabbalah and Astrology and to my delight - there are threads on this forum with enthusiasts on these subjects.

"Have you forgotten about a dream to do with your work?"
I wouldn't say forgotten… I'm in process of getting myself on a health insurance register which will take a while to do, and is pretty cumbersome due to all the 'red tape' - a bit of a hurdle… (have dreamed of being on this for years but never had the referee status to qualify).
Also, I've had a dream about somehow integrating Tarot into my body therapy practice - but I've never quite figured out how. Except for the odd client whom I know loves it if I say - "shall we have a quick look at your cards?"

" 'Transfiguration' and 'Solus' - perhaps suggesting love of life rather than relationship?"
Have you gone off track a bit here MagsStardustBlack? - as it's 'Initiation' - not 'Transfiguration'.
I think it's quite impossible for me to love my life any more than I do already! Most areas are satisfactorily full (apart from the marriage section as mentioned).

So I reflect your summary here = CHANGE is on it's way. There's a lost hope in love, and something left behind/forgotten in work that I need to re-discover to move forward with career/self-development. Further, something needs to be resolved in career before I can progress.

n.b. I will work on how to link your spread to the 'Your Readings' thread...
Just as soon as I have another snooze (presently laid up at home, drugged to eyeballs with anti-biotics for a kidney infection) and when I find the energy to do it.

Very many thanks again.

MagsStardustBlack

" 'Transfiguration' and 'Solus' - perhaps suggesting love of life rather than relationship?"
Have you gone off track a bit here MagsStardustBlack? - as it's 'Initiation' - not 'Transfiguration'.
I think it's quite impossible for me to love my life any more than I do already! Most areas are satisfactorily full (apart from the marriage section as mentioned). [ /quote]
Ooops, literally a Typo Tanya. I was interpreting Initiation.... But clearly wrote the wrong card, sorry.

[ QUOTE]So I reflect your summary here = CHANGE is on it's way. There's a lost hope in love, and something left behind/forgotten in work that I need to re-discover to move forward with career/self-development. Further, something needs to be resolved in career before I can progress.

Sorry to hear things aren't going well within your relationship. While I don't know how you feel, I have somewhat an understanding as I have been in a similar situation. My best wishes for a happy ending there :)

Yes the cards seem very clear once applied to your life. Sorry about the typo, I was working on initiation, don't know why I wrote the other thing, likly distracted by my kids :)

n.b. I will work on how to link your spread to the 'Your Readings' thread...
Just as soon as I have another snooze (presently laid up at home, drugged to eyeballs with anti-biotics for a kidney infection) and when I find the energy to do it.

Very many thanks again.

So sorry you are not well. I hope you rest up and feel well soon. Thank you for the feedback

Bright blessings

Mags xx