Sabian Symbols Study Group: Virgo 23 - #173

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: VIRGO
Degree: 23
Number: 173

Symbol: A LION-TAMER RUSHES FEARLESSLY INTO THE CIRCUS ARENA.

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 172.jpg
    172.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 322

MCsea

This is my sun symbol :)

Jones Key Word: Resoluteness

Ridder-Patrick: Capsule and ligaments of liver

Crystal Element: Yellow Topaz
Yellow Topaz is a hard yellow silicate mineral gemstone. Yellow Topaz acts as a powerful attraction and manifestation crystal and aids visualization and projection techniques. Intrepid and daring, agile and skilful.

Purposeful and diligent approach all aspects of life with vigour and gusto. "The greatest show on earth."

An interesting symbol and IM sure it will bring up the pro's and con's of 'circus life'... I see this is a 'Leo' virgo symbol - the lion spirit energy is strong, and even though its a man - its a 'human' - virgo energy. Performance (Leo) and preparation (Virgo). I had a long chat to a Lion Tamer once, I tried to explain the sybmols to him - he was not so interested, but he showed me how close his relationship to his familiars were - his words... a partnership he said. I feel in the early days of the circus, they performed a very important environmental education role (not so much these days though my son LOVES the circus) - following that with the symbol and how that works in my life I find myself often in the arena - the middle of confrences, meetings, talks and people expect me to perform, and it usually matters (not life or death) but normally its vital to get it right... educaitonally AND performance - keeping the audience onside....

Spiritually again it is performing infront of people too.. many people just refuse to 'get' the consequences in life and particularly in a spiritual life and I find myself juggling that too..

The negatives confinement is definately one...

purple_scorp I LOVE your image, very firey, confronting.

purple_scorp

Thanks Marina.

I remember searching for this image. There were not many to choose from.

Somebody sent around an email with an attachment (movie) a month or so ago, just after Steve Irwin's death. It was of a chinese crocodile hunter. In the footage, this man waves his arm in front of a crocodile's face, as if he is hypnotising it. Then, he puts his arm into the crocodile's mouth and in an instant - snap.....the croc bites it off. The next scene is the man walking away and his assistant, following with the severed limb. It is quite gruesome.

This symbol reminds me of that!

There is an impatient, almost arrogant rush to prove something to someone. There is little caution, though, it could be argued that a person with such a high-risk job takes everything into consideration. Hmm, but, it didn't help Steve Irwin any.

I think these people live on adrenaline. They want to participate not spectate. Yeah, for me, it seems to fit better with the bravadery of the Arian.

with love
purple_scorp

MCsea

Hi purple_scorp

I agree the adrenaline is a BIG aspect of this symbol.. hmm just thinking how that fits in with my personality - oh yea..

Sometimes I wonder if we look at these characters as a single sided page, that what motivates them and why they do the things they do are not fully understood, I do believe Steve could talk to the animals.. and his passion for wildlife was the driving focus.. but - it did not save him - just thinking - but save him from what, imagine his life path was to do exactly what he did - bless him for showing us other ways to live love and interact.

This is one of those symbols in the first world in 2006 that surface appears single sided and indeed 'wrong' but there is room enough for 'all' aspects of life. I know I am quick to analyse (criticise) those things right in my face - this image is one of those, 'in your face' type symbols...

It is one on one animal - person... hmmmm

Anyway purple_scorp I appreciate the image you have here, it has the cage, which (unfortunately) they are both confined to, the arena - with the 'audience' who are watching, criticising, expecting so much from, and the equipment... so I wonder what basic - fundamental feature of so many people even in our modern day desire to visually see this in real life - maybe it is just that it is real happening in real time.. not on TV or something, its still all very manufactures, de-clawing and training, feeding and the like.. hmmm

any why did I choose this one for my symbol...
wanders off to ponder the blessings and cruelties of life.......

purple_scorp

Hi Marina,

I missed the title where you said it was your sun symbol. :)

This symbol shows guts, daring, determination. They are more likely the aspects that relate to you, Marina. Somebody who is not afraid to step out of their comfort zone and rises up for a challenge. Even the way you have diligently associated crystals/gems/stones with every symbol shows finesse, courage, and confidence.

Hmm, or maybe you're the lion, not the tamer! The lion is the king of the jungle.......you are like the queen of the symbols! Ruler of your domain.

Is the Lion's cage that man's comfort zone? Let's bring the Virgo qualities in for a moment. They love details and so, we can expect that if this man was indeed a Virgoan, he would have every last aspect covered (even down to his life insurance).

Did you hear on the tv interviews that Steve Irwin had, the day before he died, taken the time to individually thank and show his appreciation for every member of his film crew? Was it because he knew of his destiny and wanted them to know how he felt? I like your spin on the Steve Irwin seemingly premature death. Yes, he did exactly what he had planned - raised worldwide attention for the plight of the animal, and then, checked out. Mission accomplished. What more would there be for him to learn......and/or to impart?

with love
purple_scorp

MCsea

purple_scorp said:
Hi Marina,
This symbol shows guts, daring, determination. They are more likely the aspects that relate to you, Marina. Somebody who is not afraid to step out of their comfort zone and rises up for a challenge. Even the way you have diligently associated crystals/gems/stones with every symbol shows finesse, courage, and confidence.

Hmm, or maybe you're the lion, not the tamer! The lion is the king of the jungle.......you are like the queen of the symbols! Ruler of your domain.

Is the Lion's cage that man's comfort zone? Let's bring the Virgo qualities in for a moment. They love details and so, we can expect that if this man was indeed a Virgoan, he would have every last aspect covered (even down to his life insurance).

Did you hear on the tv interviews that Steve Irwin had, the day before he died, taken the time to individually thank and show his appreciation for every member of his film crew? Was it because he knew of his destiny and wanted them to know how he felt? I like your spin on the Steve Irwin seemingly premature death. Yes, he did exactly what he had planned - raised worldwide attention for the plight of the animal, and then, checked out. Mission accomplished. What more would there be for him to learn......and/or to impart?

with love
purple_scorp

purple_scorp
OH WOW - I LOVE how you have described me - I am determined and I have alot of guts, you should see some of the places I have been and the company! Where angels fear to tread - nearly.. I know the angels go with me ;)

And being a Lion - I always wondered why I was not a leo in this life - surrounded by them even attracting them I suppose - family is Leo Dominant and when I found this symbol I could see the instant connection..

We have a beautiful Lion hand drawing done by a medium sitting on our wall I just walked by it and it is a pretty amazing picture.. we got that about the same time I found my symbol - but always put all the beauty of that picture to my Leo family.. maybe I can grab some for me...

Back to Steve Irwin I think I remember reading somewhere his birthday (not year) was 4 days before Peter Brocks and they died 4 days apart.. Peter Brock was in the arena too - daring.. Feb 22 1962 - Steve Irwins birthdate I will just pop off and have a quick squizz at his astrology sabian symbols...

BTW Colours I see with this symbol are yellow and red.

Thank you also for getting me back writing purple_scorpI have not felt excited or happy about looking at the symbols or the crystal list in some time, thank you for engaging me into this wonderful world again

blessings

MARINA

tink27

Hi Marina and purple_scorp

I’ve been so busy in the oracle section, I missed out here on this great discussion!

purple_scorp said:

As I looked at your picture and your thoughts here, a word jumped into my head…..self preservation! Nothing can attack us, not even this lion, when we feel absolutely secure within ourselves. When your basic needs are not being taken care of, we can feel trapped, insecure and vulnerable.

I bet Steve Irwin studied everything there was to be had on the personality and character of the Lion. I don’t think this is a symbol where you gamble with life…the results as we know can be deadly!

This very well could be a symbol of working through our fears. Truly as you say, a symbol of great courage.

Marina said:
Anyway purple_scorp I appreciate the image you have here, it has the cage, which (unfortunately) they are both confined to, the arena - with the 'audience' who are watching, criticising, expecting so much from, and the equipment... so I wonder what basic - fundamental feature of so many people even in our modern day desire to visually see this in real life - maybe it is just that it is real happening in real time.. not on TV or something, its still all very manufactures, de-clawing and training, feeding and the like.. hmmm

I see the cage as not only a focal point but as a boundary, an area from which to identify our fear so as to challenge it head-on! What I see here is two opposing needs looking for recognition. But we cannot fight or defend ourselves without a ground to stand on. As far as the crowd, when we are truly focused on something, and at that still-point, our center, we can’t hear a thing except who or what we are so diligently concentrating on.

Perhaps it is when we do need the crowds approval through something so dramatic, that this could be when we lose our focus on the dangers in front of us and lose the game!

Marina said:
And being a Lion - I always wondered why I was not a leo in this life - surrounded by them even attracting them I suppose - family is Leo Dominant and when I found this symbol I could see the instant connection..

Perhaps your family Marina, represent in someway different aspects of your soul energy. Each one representing a Lion of potentiality and of vitality! But to find their true colors, you need to go off alone, look at what each one has to offer and train and develop it within yourself! A challenge for sure but when achieved, you'll be bathed in its recognition and glory!

tink :love:

MCsea

Hi Tink - I just pulled out the BIG images that stuck with me from your post Tink -

tink27 said:
self preservation! Nothing can attack us, not even this lion, when we feel absolutely secure within ourselves.

..... working through our fears. Truly as you say, a symbol of great courage.

Perhaps your family Marina, represent in someway different aspects of your soul energy. Each one representing a Lion of potentiality and of vitality! But to find their true colors, you need to go off alone, look at what each one has to offer and train and develop it within yourself! A challenge for sure but when achieved, you'll be bathed in its recognition and glory!

tink :love:

Thank you Tink - they really resonated with me.. it also explains my confronting my fears head on.. thats just me :)

Blessings

MARINA

purple_scorp

MCsea said:
OH WOW - I LOVE how you have described me - I am determined and I have alot of guts, you should see some of the places I have been and the company! Where angels fear to tread - nearly.. I know the angels go with me ;)
I can only imagine! I just call it as I see it. :)

MCsea said:
Thank you also for getting me back writing purple_scorpI have not felt excited or happy about looking at the symbols or the crystal list in some time, thank you for engaging me into this wonderful world again
Oh, Marina, how wonderful for you.....and we're not even half-way through the symbols yet. I've been posting some more images....didn't realise Elven had created more threads!

Well, it was the symbols that brought be back here to ATF cos I was feeling a little jaded and wasn't feeling that enthused about returning.

with love
purple_scorp