Program

Madonna

Help !

I have purchased the registration last night (missed the deadline for a free one) & have applied it. I wished to add the Morgan Greer deck . I was happy to finally have a program that I could expand on with added interuptations ( very limited in the program itself) I can not get it into the Wise Tarot program. I am following the instructions but no luck. Could someone be so kind as tell me in simple terms how to add in a new deck ??? Also some pointers on how to scan & add my own personal deck would be much appreciated. Thanks so much for hearing me. ~Madonna

Alexander

Hi, Madonna,

first of all thanks a lot for bying it,
I'm going to provide all possible technical support :).

I'll try to explain in detail, how to add a deck, but excuse my English :).

There is a "Pics" directory, that contains decks. Each deck is located in its own subdirectory within "Pics" directory. You already can see there "Rider-Waite" subdirectory. Just move the "Morgan-Greer" directory, that you have downloaded, into the "Pics". Than you will see both "Rider-Waite" and "Morgan-Greer" within "Pics". That's all, select this deck from the program's "Select deck" menu item.

If you wish to add your own deck, either scanned or downloaded from the net, than first of all create a subdirectory with its name within the "Pics" directory. For example, you wish to add Witches Tarot, then create subdirectory "Witches". Than move in this "Witches" subdirectory all the "*.jpg" images of this deck. (Only JPEG images will work.) And the last step: you need to rename them, according the following rules:

0.jpg - The Fool;
1.jpg - The Magician;
2.jpg - The High Priestess;

8.jpg - Strength;

11.jpg - Justice;

21.jpg - The World;
22.jpg - Ace of Disks;
23.jpg - Two of Disks;

31.jpg - Ten of Disks;
32.jpg - Page (Princess) of Disks;
33.jpg - Knight(Prince) of Disks;
34.jpg - Queen of Disks;
35.jpg - King(Knight) of Disks;

36.jpg - Ace of Cups;
37.jpg - Two of Cups;

49.jpg - King(Knight) of Cups;

50.jpg - Ace of Swords;

63.jpg - King(Knight) of Swords;

64.jpg - Ace of Wands;

77.jpg - King(Knight) of Wands.

Quite long routine, but it should be done only once for one deck :).

Did I make this question clear?
If not, feel free to contact me here or by e-mail with any questions.

Best regards!

Alexander

Hi,

tester found a little mistake in the "Background color" function of my program. Not serious, but annoying - sometimes after changing a background it was possible to see different colors on the screen.

If you would like to get the last correct version, you may download the "Tarot.exe" file and overwrite it.

I may send by e-mail an "automatic overwriter" - it will overwrite the file automatically. It is 500 Kb.

Sorry for inconvinience.

Best wishes!

Alexander

Hi there!

I just released the 3d version of my software. The upgrade from previous registrations is free (no matter was it paid or friendly registration), but you need to contact me to get newer password and additional file.

What's new:
- you can use Major Arcana only;
- you can set card-Querent for a spread (one ore more);
- Osho Zen Tarot support! (79 cards and 23 for Major Arcana);
- possibility to have different card meanings for different decks;
- printout capability.

Thanks for your interest!

Alexander

Hi there! :)

So many years have passed since we made the Wise Tarot almost together. Progress does not stand still, large computers are displaced with phones and tablets, and programs designed for windows become not so popular. So I came up with a new idea.

What if I made the online version of Wise Tarot? Which will incorporate most of the advantages of the off-line version - lightness, realism, and most importantly - the ability to create your own layouts and to share the results of divination.

The first steps I have already made, although this is only the beginning. The process of Tarot reading seems to be as realistic as possible. I would be glad if you tried it and tell here your opinion. The link is: http://magicguru.org/tarot/reading/
(If the direct link breaks the rules, let's remove it - the site can be accessed through my profile).
The implementation is fair - cards are shuffled the way people usually shuffle, and when you draw a card, you can be sure, that right this card will be put in reading, not just randomly chosen at the moment of clicking, as sometimes happens in simplified implementations. And after performing the reading you get a permanent link to its results, which can be sent to friends for demonstration and discussion.

In the nearest plans - to add the ability to create your own layouts.
Later - to solve the question with making your own card descriptions.
And much later - to provide a possibility to add any decks.

Service will be always free, and it works equally well on PCs and on small phones. No heavy flash objects used, light javascript only.

Theoretically it is possible to make an exported widget that can be added, for example, on the site like AT.

But I am very interested in feedback - would this be interesting and useful? Perhaps you could try what has been already done and suggest what needs to be improved and what could be added? Waiting for comments!

I hope, the rise of the thread does not look only as self-promotion, and this job may be needed not only to me, but for many members of the site also :)

BTW - if you like the results, I can add any spread to the list of available spreads right now, just give me please its description :)

Sumada

Wise working well on web

Hi Alexander,

I still use your old software from time to time, which I installed years ago :) Remember we had quite a few emails way back?

I will have to admit that as well as collecting physical cards, I also collect Tarot software, and I bet I am not alone in this regard. However, most of them only ever get used once or twice, but as I said, Wise Tarot is one that I do still crank up occasionally - one of the first that actually offered some real functionality.

But there are some pretty damned slick and fancy ones out there nowadays, especially for smart phones, so I am glad that I can now access Wise Tarot via the web on either my desktop or phone. Thank you.

Wishing you every success,
Sumada

Alexander

Hi Sumada,

I definitely remember that we had a conversation, nice to see you again :) It's pleasant that Wise Tarot still brings some benefit!

By now I finished the functionality of adding arbitrary spreads to use them online. Yet it's a small achievement, but I already like it :) I just read several topics in the Tarot Spreads and added some of them. It's very simple and takes about a minute for a spread, and after that I can share results of readings which were made with new spreads.

For example, I tried the Goal Spread and received a link to results, which looks like this: http://magicguru.org/tarot/reading/2-goal.html?cards=3-15-6-60-18-76&deck=thoth-tarot. As for me, this way of spreads and readings sharing seems to be quite tidy.

But a lot of things still have to be added - first of all significator for some spreads, then some options like switching Major Arcana/full deck, and final and most important, of course, is a possibility to upload any deck.

I hope I'll finish all this plans quite soon and it will be really useful. Advices are highly appreciated! :)