9 of pentacles as a woman

kika_meow

In other discussion someone was asking about what cards could represent and eccentric woman. Some said that the 9 of pents and it called my attention because I never thought about that card as a woman, but if you look at the Rider-Waite deck, it totally makes sense.

I always take it as the querent no matter if it's man or woman, I take it as an energy. But I guess this could be of a good use, interpreting the 9 of pents as a woman.

What do you guys think?

nisaba

In every reading it will mean something slightly different. In some readings, it will represent a woman. Or a man. Or someone enjoying a bit of quiet time. Or nature. <smile>

Stu123

Hello! I agree with 9 of Pent as eccentric. I always see this card as an independent personality. Someone who has gone throgh a heart-break, divorced and travelled the world and now lives life to the fullest kind of person. Just my view. Also a single young woman who's goal-orientated. I do generally associate it with a female figure, but I would obviously adapt it depending on the querent.

The Queen of Wands could be quite eccentric too since she has so much energy, I always see her singing or dancing. She could be a manager or a motivator, she can be screaming and encouraging others and then be so silent at home. Just my impressions haha, hope they're helpful :)

kika_meow

In every reading it will mean something slightly different. In some readings, it will represent a woman. Or a man. Or someone enjoying a bit of quiet time. Or nature. <smile>

I agree! Depending on the other cards you can give it different meanings. Thank you for your thoughts!

kika_meow

Hello! I agree with 9 of Pent as eccentric. I always see this card as an independent personality. Someone who has gone throgh a heart-break, divorced and travelled the world and now lives life to the fullest kind of person. Just my view. Also a single young woman who's goal-orientated. I do generally associate it with a female figure, but I would obviously adapt it depending on the querent.

This definitely changes my view of 9 of Pents, and it makes sense to me because I get it a lot in the readings I do to myself and everything you're saying describes me perfectly! It's good to know I'm that person. Thank you for your insight!

The Queen of Wands could be quite eccentric too since she has so much energy, I always see her singing or dancing. She could be a manager or a motivator, she can be screaming and encouraging others and then be so silent at home. Just my impressions haha, hope they're helpful :)

Yeah, in that post I suggested the QoW for the eccentric woman, I've always seen this card as the most eccentric of the queens.

kika_meow

I agree! Depending on the other cards you can give it different meanings. Thank you for your thoughts!

headincloud

I see her as a strongly independent lady but not at all eccentric just rather refined. Her main trait is what psychologists class as the capacity to be alone, she has gained self or inner mastery and as a reflection of that in the outer world is in control of both herself and her surroundings. She's in control of her destiny, has nothing to prove and doesn't crave company hence the solitude connection of the card.

Barleywine

I try to take a more comprehensive view of this card. I see it as showing comfort and self-satisfaction within a limited field of action (the enclosed garden). But I also notice that there is no "gate" leading out of the scene, so where "she" is (as representing the situation) is where she'll stay until something comes along to upset the status quo. Closed systems tend to become static and ultimately unsatisfying.