The Moon as a positive

winter garden

I just completed a spread created by Enlightenment23 which is intended to help the reader reflect on the positives in their life, and I am having a little trouble interpreting the card for the final question, "what is something positive coming my way that reminds me that life ain’t so bad after all?". The card I got was the Moon and I pulled a clarifier - King of Pentacles. Does this look like it may be pointing to some mental stability? I suffer from Depression, and I often see the Moon card as reflecting fears and depression. The King of Pentacles is all about security and stability, and since I don't read reversals, I thought perhaps the Moon may be pointing to overcoming illusions and the KoP reinforces this. I used my RWS deck for this reading.

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Ace

The Moon, in my experience, is dreams and visions. What you are HOPING will happen. Basically, it is saying, "have hope, ask for good things to happen, it will work out well for you." the King of Pentacles is someone in a position of authority, giving you good advice, perhaps about a money issue, or maybe about asserting yourself more. In RWS, the King of Pentacles sits among abundance. The cards are telling you that abundance will be your lot in the future. Ask for what you WANT, not what you want to avoid, and it will come.

At least, that is MY opinion.
barb

winter garden

Thanks, Barb - good things coming my way would be a welcomed change, so I'm happy to see this interpretation. Focusing on what I WANT is excellent advice, and that I shall do :)

bidmeshk

Perhaps the cards are telling you that you are very well capable of making your dreams come true.
The moon has never held negative meaning to me. The moon is mysterious and dreamy. Some people are unfortunately incapable of having an imagination and I pity them.
KOP sets goals for himself and stops at nothing until he has succeeded.
You need to come out of your shell and just go for it.

winter garden

Perhaps the cards are telling you that you are very well capable of making your dreams come true.
The moon has never held negative meaning to me. The moon is mysterious and dreamy. Some people are unfortunately incapable of having an imagination and I pity them.
KOP sets goals for himself and stops at nothing until he has succeeded.
You need to come out of your shell and just go for it.

Thank you, I do appreciate the dreamy aspect of the moon as well. In truth, the moon is the symbol I use for someone specific whom I long for, but I don't think I'd be lucky enough to end up with them so I was looking for other positives :) I love this take on it being about me being capable of making my dreams come true, though.

PAMUYA

I wrote this many years ago about the moon after a meditation session.

."The mysterious Moon card, let’s take a trip. The crayfish, let your subconscious go, stand firm, walk past the dog and wolf with confidence. Beyond them are the pillars, this is where you will find your inner hopes, dreams and fears. Do not fear this place, your answers will be found here. In fact anything can happen here, let your mind wonder. Your intuition and psychic force is enhanced here. Quiet your fears and let the whispers of your intuition come through. You must not stay here too long. This can be a place of lunacy and mental disorders.

When the Moon card appears in a reading you must be alert, there maybe someone around you whom you cannot trust. Time to get out of the fog and fantasies; pay attention. The light of the moon isn’t light at all, but only a reflection of the truth. Time to know what is fact, and what is fiction. You maybe blinded by your own emotions, not a good time to make important decisions. Know who your friends are, and seek their advice. This is a time you feel overwhelmed.

The Moon is a card of psychic abilities and intuition. But fear can turn this wisdom into nightmares. When you see this card it’s time to pay attention that your emotions are not clouding your vision…WAKE UP!

I don't see the moon as negative at all. It's a place where dreams, fantasies, and nightmares are played out. Your deepest emotions can hide there and take on all kinds of shapes. Not a place to fear, but a place to investigate. Not a place to make important decisions, but a place to grow and learn. "

I believe you may be coming into a breakthrough, insight. Seeing someone clearly, that someone is you. The King of Pentacles will be a person of wealth, wealth of the material or of the spiritual. This king will be your mentor, to help you will find your worth. Is there a person whom you admire in your life, you look up to? Pay attention, be open to look into the Moon for insight. Do not be afraid of your intuition, the answers are already inside of you. You just have to be brave enough to look for them.

winter garden

Thank you, Pamuya - what a beautiful description of the moon card. There is no mentor in my life currently, so I shall be on the look out for someone to help guide me in coming months. My father is actually a King of Pentacles, and although I absolutely adore him, his guidance is different to that which I expect shall accompany the positive change associated with this combination of cards. I think the line that resonated most for me within your description is this one : "When you see this card it’s time to pay attention that your emotions are not clouding your vision…WAKE UP!". I have a tendency to act from a place of fear, and allow my emotions to get the better of me. I have a real need right now to strengthen my intuition, and hopefully this is one of the positive aspects of which the moon card (in this reading) speaks.

dailytarot

The Moon is a positive card. Our culture denires the dark side of our selfs. Its easy to see The Sun. Its more dificult to feel The Moon.

TM is about the side of us we didn't chose, just acept. The feelings flows... we can't stop it.

The both cards tells you will find your way to turn into reality your feelings with self confidence. Maybe making some money with your inner river, your intuition and creativity. It's about self aceptance and good comunication with your inner messengers.

Be more introspective and more confortable with it.

stone_lotus

I tend to feel sort of mildly outraged when the Moon is viewed negatively.... It just seems so unfair, because I have always quite liked the moon. Before I began studying tarot in earnest, I had only positive associations with it, and was quite crushed to hear the guidebooks fling around terms like "instability", "nightmares", "lack of clarity", etc. Not that these aren't elements of the Moon, as I have come to learn.... But they go hand-in-hand with the positive, GLORIOUS interpretations, too: ARTISTRY, GENIUS, IMAGINATION. Oh and WHIMSY. Delicious nighttime adventures with no rules. Creating your own story. Living your own art. Being a myth maker.

So if the position in your spread pertains to positive things coming your way, I would go ahead and look at your own positive interpretations of the Moon, and expect all that to come POURING at you with all the contented mastery and self-confidence of the King of Pents. NICE, NICE.

Are you artistic at all? Do you create things? If you've suffered from depression, the Moon here could signify a huge turning point for you, where you turn the negativity and darkness that's been attacking you into a blazingly beautiful artistic work.

Laurelle

Thank you for sharing that. It was really beautiful. Do. You have a blog or website. Your inner musings should have a platform where they can reach a broader audience. :)

I wrote this many years ago about the moon after a meditation session.

."The mysterious Moon card, let’s take a trip. The crayfish, let your subconscious go, stand firm, walk past the dog and wolf with confidence. Beyond them are the pillars, this is where you will find your inner hopes, dreams and fears. Do not fear this place, your answers will be found here. In fact anything can happen here, let your mind wonder. Your intuition and psychic force is enhanced here. Quiet your fears and let the whispers of your intuition come through. You must not stay here too long. This can be a place of lunacy and mental disorders.

When the Moon card appears in a reading you must be alert, there maybe someone around you whom you cannot trust. Time to get out of the fog and fantasies; pay attention. The light of the moon isn’t light at all, but only a reflection of the truth. Time to know what is fact, and what is fiction. You maybe blinded by your own emotions, not a good time to make important decisions. Know who your friends are, and seek their advice. This is a time you feel overwhelmed.

The Moon is a card of psychic abilities and intuition. But fear can turn this wisdom into nightmares. When you see this card it’s time to pay attention that your emotions are not clouding your vision…WAKE UP!

I don't see the moon as negative at all. It's a place where dreams, fantasies, and nightmares are played out. Your deepest emotions can hide there and take on all kinds of shapes. Not a place to fear, but a place to investigate. Not a place to make important decisions, but a place to grow and learn. "

I believe you may be coming into a breakthrough, insight. Seeing someone clearly, that someone is you. The King of Pentacles will be a person of wealth, wealth of the material or of the spiritual. This king will be your mentor, to help you will find your worth. Is there a person whom you admire in your life, you look up to? Pay attention, be open to look into the Moon for insight. Do not be afraid of your intuition, the answers are already inside of you. You just have to be brave enough to look for them.