The Moon as a positive

PAMUYA

Thank you for sharing that. It was really beautiful. Do. You have a blog or website. Your inner musings should have a platform where they can reach a broader audience. :)

Thank you, no I do not, just wrote a few of these meanings for my personal learning of the cards.

winter garden

The Moon is a positive card. Our culture denires the dark side of our selfs. Its easy to see The Sun. Its more dificult to feel The Moon.

TM is about the side of us we didn't chose, just acept. The feelings flows... we can't stop it.

The both cards tells you will find your way to turn into reality your feelings with self confidence. Maybe making some money with your inner river, your intuition and creativity. It's about self aceptance and good comunication with your inner messengers.

Be more introspective and more confortable with it.

For what it's worth I'm far of a moon girl, than a sun girl myself and I revel in the darkness, however, the moon does seem to have this reputation of being about shadows and deception so I appreciate your input here. I'm a photographer, so the creative aspect of the moon is very significant for me. Thanks for your input :)

winter garden

I tend to feel sort of mildly outraged when the Moon is viewed negatively.... It just seems so unfair, because I have always quite liked the moon. Before I began studying tarot in earnest, I had only positive associations with it, and was quite crushed to hear the guidebooks fling around terms like "instability", "nightmares", "lack of clarity", etc. Not that these aren't elements of the Moon, as I have come to learn.... But they go hand-in-hand with the positive, GLORIOUS interpretations, too: ARTISTRY, GENIUS, IMAGINATION. Oh and WHIMSY. Delicious nighttime adventures with no rules. Creating your own story. Living your own art. Being a myth maker.

So if the position in your spread pertains to positive things coming your way, I would go ahead and look at your own positive interpretations of the Moon, and expect all that to come POURING at you with all the contented mastery and self-confidence of the King of Pents. NICE, NICE.

Are you artistic at all? Do you create things? If you've suffered from depression, the Moon here could signify a huge turning point for you, where you turn the negativity and darkness that's been attacking you into a blazingly beautiful artistic work.

Haha, don't worry I absolutely share your sentiments. The moon is a powerful symbol for me, and I'm one of those people who feel much safer in moonlight than under the sun - which I tend to stay out of. I probably worded my initial post rather poorly, as I didn't mean to suggest that I never have positive associations with it, just that it often comes up related to my depression or confusion, and I was hoping it meant a break through there :)

The Moon to me is also about romance and longing, but I suppose I was trying to be very practical in my interpretation as that seems far off, and the spread was directed more at acknowledging the good that either already exists in one's life, or good that isn't too far off.

Yes, I am creative actually. In fact, I do use concept of the liminal space a lot in my work, so your suggestion here about it perhaps pertaining to an artistic work could very well fit perfectly. It's true to say that I embrace the darkness in my work also, and I tend to deal a lot with subjects that some people would find slightly unsettling.

winter garden

I'm going back through my posts from this year, and I felt I should update this spread to let everyone know that Pamuya was correct, and during 2016 I met three women who have become mentors to me (one more than the other two) and assisted me with my career aspirations :)

headincloud

Moon, King P

Deep feeling around the king perhaps.

MysticMoonlight

The Moon could indicate an inner knowing coming to the surface or approaching. Things that have been hidden (intentionally or unintentionally) or unseen (due to fear or unpreparedness to deal with or cope), perhaps even pushed aside before will surface and will encounter a stoic, mature, self-assured confident person (the King of Pentacles) now. Prior mysterious non-assurance will now be met with someone who is ready to deal with it finally. Someone who has come into their own, who is stable, level-headed.