8 of Pentacles clarified by the Queen of Swords

elena_jaymz

Hi everyone, how would you interpret the 8 of Pentacles clarified by the Queen of Swords as feelings? For feelings I mean how a person feels after you told them your friendship is over, so that you don't want to see/talk to them anymore.

My idea is this person doesn't care, what happened is a result of his hard work and effort to end the friendship, so goal achieved at last, this is how I see the 8 Pents. The Queen of Swords looks cold to me and seems to intesify the sense of "I don't care at all".

Anyway I'm not sure, that's why I draw a clarifier.

What do you think?
Thanks.

PS: This is not a one card reading.

Grizabella

"All in a day's work" came to mind first when I saw this. The Queen of Swords is often seen as being without the emotional upheavals that might be associated with the rest of the Queens. So it's saying she's not that flapped by what happened. It's almost a "ho hum". This doesn't mean she doesn't have emotions or doesn't get hurt. It means she intellectually deals with things more than feeling the deep emotional pain like others would. From these two cards, I'd say that this person isn't feeling the loss very dramatically because they've been dumped from friendships so much in the past.

elena_jaymz

"All in a day's work" came to mind first when I saw this. The Queen of Swords is often seen as being without the emotional upheavals that might be associated with the rest of the Queens. So it's saying she's not that flapped by what happened. It's almost a "ho hum". This doesn't mean she doesn't have emotions or doesn't get hurt. It means she intellectually deals with things more than feeling the deep emotional pain like others would. From these two cards, I'd say that this person isn't feeling the loss very dramatically because they've been dumped from friendships so much in the past.
Thanks Grizabella, I see what you mean and it makes sense, he didn't take it dramatically, he knew that the end was near, but actually it was him that started to distance himself one year ago, so I think he expected all of this.

Inviato dal mio ALE-L21 utilizzando Tapatalk

DDwarks

I actually think that person cares.

To me the 8 of Pentacles + Q of Swords talks about going back to the drawing board and figuring out where things have gone wrong.

The Q of Swords is cold indeed but she's not emotionless. She buries them deep and follows her mind first and foremost at the expense of what her heart wants.

Your card to me talk about a situation where your friend has just been notified that his behaviour wasn't acceptable and now he's looking into it.

Could be to apologise to you, since the Q of Swords is fair and care about doing the right thing. Or it could be to look into their own behaviour to perfectionise themselves too. The Q of Swords is also a perfectionist.

elena_jaymz

Thanks DDwarks.
I actually think that person cares.

To me the 8 of Pentacles + Q of Swords talks about going back to the drawing board and figuring out where things have gone wrong.

The Q of Swords is cold indeed but she's not emotionless. She buries them deep and follows her mind first and foremost at the expense of what her heart wants.

Your card to me talk about a situation where your friend has just been notified that his behaviour wasn't acceptable and now he's looking into it.
Yes, the situation is exactly so, I told him I felt hurt because of his behaviour and yes, probably he cares, but his mind won, that is to him it wasn't the time to be emotional, but to be analytical and objective.

Could be to apologise to you, since the Q of Swords is fair and care about doing the right thing. Or it could be to look into their own behaviour to perfectionise themselves too. The Q of Swords is also a perfectionist.
Time will tell, anyway I think that cards are just telling he'll perfectionise his behaviour for the future.

headincloud

He may be seeing you as turning towards study or work rather than him.

elena_jaymz

He may be seeing you as turning towards study or work rather than him.
No, the situation is totally different, it has nothing to do with study, nor with work and it's him that told me he wanted to go out with me less than before. Now I'm fed up, so I told him "I can't see you as a friend anymore, goodbye".

Anyway thanks for your guess!!

elena_jaymz

Anyway just to update, he told me that he understands/knows he's wrong, as well as he understands/knows how I feel, so he respects my decision to break off the friendship. A perfect Queen of Swords behavior I'd say. The 8 Pents probably meant his answer wasn't immediate, indeed he texted me two days after.