Well Worn Path and Hidden Path

Strega di Luna

Are these cards suitable for people who are not on the Wiccan Path? Personally I do not follow the rules of Karma known to the Wiccans, but I have a different "pay back" kinda law.

So is one of these specifically geared more towards Wiccan or are they all pretty generally pagan?

Logiatrix

The creator of these decks writes Wiccan-based books. Likewise, these decks reminded me of his beginner Wiccan books, from what I recall. I would have liked to see more of the varied knowledge of the creator in the cards, such as Stregheria, rather than the more basic Wicca.

However, the cards still have a very non-specific symbolism, which may prove to be versatile enough to work for the "generally Pagan" purpose you have in mind.

I hope the above blather made some sense. You might find people who still use these decks in the "Oracles" subforum.

PEACE,
Tauni

Mellifluous

Sinduction said:
I don't see why anyone would want these decks if they are not Wiccan.

because of the artwork and natural curiosity about things currently unfamiliar - it's how you learn new things. lol

i've been interested in these decks before and i'm not wiccan. i've been interested in all kinds of decks (and books and a zillion other things).

Sinduction

Well, the accompanying books have a lot of info in them. I've put the two decks together to make one and I use it mostly for spells and things. I do love the decks.

BlueDragonfly

Agrees

Mellifluous said:
because of the artwork and natural curiosity about things currently unfamiliar - it's how you learn new things. lol

i've been interested in these decks before and i'm not wiccan. i've been interested in all kinds of decks (and books and a zillion other things).

I have both, although I've only worked with the Well Worn Path. I imagine you can morph any concepts to fit your own path.

Oh and I do love Mickie Mueller's artwork.

Morwenna

I just looked at the link and I'm in love!

I'm not particularly Wiccan, though I do follow some of their ways. But I really want this deck!

Guess I ought to bop over to Oracles...

ETA: looked up Hidden; didn't find the whole deck but enough of a taste to know I want that one too!

LisaHuntArt

BlueDragonfly said:
I have both, although I've only worked with the Well Worn Path. I imagine you can morph any concepts to fit your own path.

Oh and I do love Mickie Mueller's artwork.

Mickie is a wonderful talent and a really nice person too! She is sincere and passionate about her work--and it shows in her decks.