A very cool method...

SerpentaAzothi

Hi, I have been researching the thoth deck and the trumps and to see if they equate to the court cards. Like before I had some ideas, but now I have this method that gives really accurate readings. I will list the court cards and their trump affiliations. Then go on to the method i would like to share.

Knight of wands-Tower (16)
Queen of wands-Emperor(4)
Prince of wand- The sun(19)
Princess of wands- Lust/Strenth(9)

Knight of cups-Moon(18)
Queen of cups-Chariot(7)
Prince of cups-hanged man(12)
Princess of cups- empress(3)

Knight of swords-Magician(1)
Queen of swords-Adjustment/Justice(11)
Prince of swords-Fool(0)
Princess of swords-Aeon/Judgment(20)

Knight of coins-Hermit(9)
Queen of coins-Devil(15)
Prince of coins-Hierophant(5)
Princess of coins-Universe/World(21)

Now according to the regular number of the trump you would number the court cards as the trumps number seen above. Now, say if I had a reading with 2 cards, say it was: Knight of coins=9 + magician =10 = Wheel of fortune, or magician. The two cards in this is the fool (0) and the Magician (1) To further this idea notice the following:

10 cups, 5 cups 10-5=5= Hierophant, then also add 10 + 5 = The devil
Notice the 10 represents wheel of fortune also. Do this comparing cards and you will find a whole new way to read but there is some math involved.
What you need to realize that there is two methods in this configuration addition and subtraction. Addition for finding the quintessence card, subtraction for a whole new card.
Basically you can do this with any amount of cards you would like. Here is another example with more cards:

6 wands, 2 wands, judgment(20) knight of wands,(16)

6-2= 4 Emperor

20-16=4 Emperor

add them together you get=4+4= 8 = Strength
Note there is a double essence of Emperor.

This method is endless and works eerie. Hope it makes sense, I will answer and confusion that I may have posted.

Thanks,

Serpenta

rainwolf

I go by planets, the signs they rule, and modality.

For instance

Mars=Tower=Aries & Scorpio=Cardinal fire & Fixed water=Knight of wands & Queen of cups.

Generically it is
Planet=Major=Sign(s)=mode and element=court

To me

Knights are cardinal (and fire in quality) because they get things going
Queens are fixed (and water in quality) because they establish a home
Kings are mutable (and air in quality) because they can deal with change
Pages are elemental (and earth in quality)

Note that all majors are assigned planet or sign