Ancient Italian Decks

Jewel-ry

Hi there Yaboot,

Yes I ordered from the UK, got an e-mail confirmation almost immediately if I recall and then the package arrived within a week. The third time I ordered from them they sent me a free gift (a 22 majors only egyptian tarot, beautiful) so who knows, you may even get a surprise!

:)

Little Baron

I havn't had a confirmation email so maybe the surprise is - I won't get it at all lol.

I filled out a form with my address and then another with bank details etc. There was some kind of confirmation page that I printed out, showing the date and time but didnt mention details of what I ordered.

So, lets hope .......

Will keep you posted.

Thanks

Yaboot

Little Baron

Got the email; saying it would take 4-6 days so thats great!

Yaboot

Cerulean

Hello, Yaboot...

When I have a question I send email to info@alidastore.com and address it to Argeo (I believe he is one of the owners, not certain)...it may take a day or two from the weekend to receive an answer. For orders over $50.00 somewhere, they used to say that you could choose from one of four selections of 22 card arte editions, but that was last month (June).

When you send your email, if your order does total over that amount, perhaps you might get a freebie...if so, read below.

I saw after I placed an order they were giving away the Fiabi, a Jacovibi (? A humorous and strange 22 card design I never liked), Alba Dorata and maybe an Egyptian one for orders over $50...but I wasn't aware of that offer...I would have chosen the 22 card Alba Dorata for free if I had known. I was sent a cartoon-like Jacabi (?) that I shipped for filler in an exhange--thankfully, the receiver was able to give it to someone else.

Take care and hope you hear!

Regards,

Cerulean Mari

Cerulean

Il Menghello...Arnell's articles of this publisher

http://www.tarotpassages.com/milan2-aa.htm

Because the question came up from Macavity here, I decided to post this here...it is a small shop publisher! He's supposed to have a website soon, which I hope Arnell Ando or Diane Wilkes will post about at Tarotpassages.com

I was wondering, because I did buy an Il Menghello title from a long-time collector who bought a few 'handmade' Visconti packs in 1994...it has a handmade, lighter cardstock feel and while I liked the fact the kit had the quality of reproductions from my Visconti from Del Negro, plus a scan of the G.Mandel essay similar to the Del Negro version, it even had a different Devil and Tower from the ones posted on Felicity's site of different Viscontis...

Ando Arnell has two essays posted and the second essay has links to the first...fascinating in this day and age to get something from a small press...the shop around the corner from a Milanese castle.

Regards,

Cerulean Mari

Little Baron

Thanks Cerulean

I didn't place that big of an order so I doubt I will receive a freebie. I did find the site a bit vaue as already stated here, so even though I have now got the confirmation email, I hope I get the right deck lol.

Thanks for the links and for everyones help.

Yaboot

Lee

I wouldn't worry, Yaboot, I've ordered a few decks from them and have always received excellent service.

-- Lee

Macavity

ISTR placing the order on (late) Sunday evening, but still receiving a confirmation almost immediately? It was delivered to my door (U.K.) on the following Saturday morning. I believe our local sorting office is rather plagued by poor industrial relations, so is a bit slower these days. (E.U. Airmail used to arrive on the Friday) ;)

Thanks for the "Artisanal" information Mari - I'm always convinced a "factory tour" would be interesting. I also wonder sometimes just how well original tarot cards were produced - Were they all the same size? etc. etc. :)

Side by side comparisons of some of these decks is quite fun too. The LoS classical (recoloured?) Emperor is a *very* grey man, literally and appropriately? A bit they "forgot" to colour? OTOH, the Meneghello version has quite rosy cheeks. Must be the wine! :D

Does anyone *know* the origins of the slightly different artwork in the LoS "Ancient Italian" deck? One is reminded almost of modern-day pirating of designer goods - which don't look to be quite of the same, on closer examination. })

Macavity