Camoin/Jodorowsky Marseilles Deck

Rusty Neon

Upcoming book by P. Camoin

filipas said:
This deck should really be accompanied by a book which explains the historical research and design choices made by C. & J.

I agree!

Apparently Phillipe Camoin is coming out with a book in March 2004 (probably only in French) regarding his method. Perhaps we can get some long-awaited explanations on the added symbolism of the Jodo-Camoin deck.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TarotCo/message/218

Namadev

Let's hope so...
From what I know, the book won't be "thin" : more than 200 pages.

Alain

Rusty Neon

Alain ... Do you have any idea of how many of those 200+ pages of Camoin's book will cover the minor arcana?

Diana

I am looking forward to this book. Thanks for letting us know. I suspect it will be a very useful addition to the literature presently available.

Georges Colleuil is also preparing a new book, as well as Kris Hadar. Both will be on the origins of Tarot.

I wish these books would be translated into English. I touched on this subject very briefly with Georges Colleuil recently when I went to one of his seminars, and plan soon to start doing some more active pressure on the authors and publishers so that they get these books onto the English market as well.

Moonbow

skytwig said:
Sheesh, so there is some kind of secret society about these cards?

Makes one wonder if there is a tarot 'god' that heads up this whole thing......

Well if there is he's speaking French.

I wish I had listened better at school then I could understand more in this forum.

I agree with Diana, Why not translate these books. I have a theory that somewhere out there is a French/English translator who is out of work! Just the opportunity! A lifetimes work

M*

Kaz

Moonbow* said:
I have a theory that somewhere out there is a French/English translator who is out of work!

diana speaks both languages.....
sooo, how about it diana ???

tmgrl2

The book is out...When I ordered my Camoin deck, the book was available....of course, in French, only....it supposedly chronicles the Jodo-Camoin process of re-creating these cards....

tmgrl2

tmgrl2

I got my Camoin deck this week...don't think I was correct about the book being out...thought I had ordered it and what I had ordered was a "woodcut" Conver TdMarseilles from Camoin.com..

However, I do believe they have expanded their website to include more "information about the renovation of the Convers..I found this little slide show, especially interesting...even if one does not speak French (and you can see from my ordering of what I thought was a book, that mine needs work!) Anyhow, there are 38 slides and I found them very interesting....just click to left of first window which has opening slide...and move through the "show."

http://camoin.com/diapo_rest_fr/iexplorer/800x600/diaporama_fichiers/frame.htm

C-J explain recovered elements ...if one is patient, they use video elements on each slide to show as overlays, elements they have recovered...there is a particular comment on one about various cards and postions of faces in cards....anyhow, it's word clicking and watching if you haven't already seen it and reading if you can.

C & J also have extended statements about the deck...I have printed but not read, since I was "off" Tarot last week ....
Not too crazy about the Little Purple Book that came with deck...

terri

punchinella

When the anticipated book does come out, I really hope somebody will translate the pertinent parts (for example, in spite of not owning the deck, I am incredibly curious about that egg :eek: )

I would like even better for Kris Hadar's books to get translated (Hint hint nudge nudge . . . well in all fairness it sounds like she's alread on top of the situation :D )