Marseille's Learning Styles: Discussion For Beginners

Diana

punchinella: I have come to the conclusion after a lot of pondering about this, that they are to be looked at as what you call "stage left" and "stage right". What made me come to this conclusion first was L'Amoureux VI (The Lover). The woman on the right of the card (but actually she is on the left of the young man) is obviously touching his heart. And the heart is on the left.

Also if you look at La Force XI (Strength): Most people are right-handed. If you had to pry open a lion's mouth and you were right-handed, you would use your hand to pry the top part open because it is the part which exerts the most pressure, so you'd need all your strength.

Also, I think the Pope gives his benediction with his right hand, but perhaps a Catholic person would be able to confirm this (and one would have to check if it was done the same way during the period when the Tarot was designed... but that shouldn't be an impossible task).

Moongold

Jewel-ry said:
I don't know the thread, but somewhere I have read a post which Umbrae did about numbers. It was absolute heaven to read and made the whole numerology thing make so much sense! If I ever find it again I will post the link. He may even see this and post it himself.

Umbrae, thank you for posting your system of numbers up to 10.

The two books that I have been using make many statements but don't claim to be original systems or give any authority for their systems. I have often wondered about the authority and veracity of their statements

Your system seems to be based on the actual shapes of the numbers themselves and associations that come from a variety of sources. It seems a flexible system based on a coherent set of ideas.

I have John Greer's Techniques for Geometric Transformation and have wondered about using his number system for the Tarot generally, although his interpretations are very different from others I have seen.

I guess I would like to use a numerology system that has some authority to it, that I understand and that resonates with how I feel in some way. The one you are suggesting does seem to do that more than any other I have seen apart from Greer's. My knowledge of numerology is quite basic and based on Javane and Gibson.

Is this your system alone, originating from the actual shape of the numbers themselves or does it belong to another system of thought such as Freemasonry or Pythagorean thought? I know nothing about either of the latter systems.

If someone asks me about it I'd like to be able to say where it came from. Also, do you think the Greer system would be appropriate to apply to Tarot?

If anyone else has advice or suggestions to add rearding numerology and the Marseilles I'd be really grateful.

Thankyou

Moongold

Jewel-ry

Just want to say that this thread is excellent. There is some really good advice coming out of it! Thanks everyone

J :)

lunakasha

Thanks Rusty!

These are GREAT....I remember reading the one about colors....I actually printed off several of the posts and added them to my Marseille study notebook....very helpful, especially now that I actually *have* a Marseille to work with! :D

:) Luna

Moongold

Numerology

Robert -

I missed your post with its numerology links early this morning as I came to directly to this page via an email link.

Thanks heaps. There is a lot of really good information there and I think I can see that Umbrae's information is a bringing together of a whole lot of information with an original base.

That could be a premature analysis as I haven't had time to digest all the information yet.

Moongold

Moongold

The thread Lee refers to is fantastic. I have just printed off about 40 pages and could spend all of Easter doing this (but won't)

Thanks

Rusty Neon

People, when reading an "old" thread, don't be shy about posting questions, elaborations and comments to that thread. They may be earlier threads, but they're not dead and buried, and they can still be the basis for discussion, instead of starting over again each time.